ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>FA DEs
Direckshun 08:28 AM 01-31-2023
https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2023DE.php

1. Marcus Davenport, DE, Saints. Age: 26.
Marcus Davenport logged nine sacks in 2021, but had just half of a sack this past year. Davenport played much better than that number indicates, however.

2. Zach Allen, DE/DT, Cardinals. Age: 26.
Zach Allen had always been a decent player, but he made a big leap in 2022. He was terrific, so he may get a big contract.

3. Brandon Graham, DE, Eagles. Age: 35.
Brandon Graham played just two games in 2021. He was sorely missed, yet he was able to return to the field this past year and dominate. The downside is that he's turning 35 this offseason, so there could be regression coming soon.

4. Yannick Ngakoue, DE, Colts. Age: 28.
Yannick Ngakoue wasn't quite himself last year because he was dealing with an injury, but he still logged 9.5 sacks.

5. Robert Quinn, DE, Eagles. Age: 33.
The Eagles traded for Robert Quinn, but didn't get much use out of him because of a knee injury. He's still a very talented edge rusher, though he just turned 33.

6. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Browns. Age: 30.
There was some drama with Jadeveon Clowney being sent home by the team in the finale. Clowney is talented, but he's just been a mediocre-at-best producer.

7. Melvin Ingram, DE, Dolphins. Age: 34.
Melvin Ingram is slowing down now that he's in his mid-30s, but he's still a quality edge rusher. He recorded six sacks in 2022.

8. Trey Flowers, DE, Dolphins. Age: 30.
Trey Flowers was once known as a potent edge rusher, but he had a down 2021, then missed most of 2022 with an injury.

9. Clelin Ferrell, DE, Raiders. Age: 26.
Clelin Ferrell has been a huge bust as the former No. 4 overall pick, but perhaps he still has potential. He has totaled just 10 sacks in his career thus far.

10. Arden Key, DE, Jaguars. Age: 27.
Arden Key is a solid rotational pass rusher. He has accumulated 11 sacks in the past two seasons.

11. Shaq Lawson, DE, Bills. Age: 29.
Shaq Lawson is a solid, rotational pass rusher who accumulated 3.5 sacks last year.

12. Carlos Dunlap, DE, Chiefs. Age: 34.
Carlos Dunlap saw his sack total drop from 8.5 to four. That could be because he is now in his mid-30s.

13. John Cominsky, DE, Lions. Age: 27.
14. Dawuane Smoot, DE, Jaguars. Age: 28.
15. Charles Omenihu, DE, 49ers. Age: 26.
16. Kerry Hyder, DE, 49ers. Age: 32.
17. Steven Means, DE, Ravens. Age: 33.
18. Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, Ravens. Age: 34.
19. Andrew Van Ginkel, DE, Dolphins. Age: 28.
20. Morgan Fox, DE, Chargers. Age: 28.
21. Jordan Willis, DE, 49ers. Age: 28.
22. Kaden Elliss, DE, Saints. Age: 28.
23. Anthony Nelson, DE, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
24. Tyquan Lewis, DE, Colts. Age: 28.
25. Tarell Basham, DE, Titans. Age: 29.
26. William Gholston, DE, Buccaneers. Age: 32.
27. Rasheem Green, DE/DT, Texans. Age: 26.
28. Chase Winovich, DE, Browns. Age: 28.
29. DeMarcus Walker, DE/DT, Titans. Age: 28.
30. Austin Bryant, DE, Lions. Age: 26.
31. Carl Nassib, DE, Buccaneers. Age: 30.
32. Mario Edwards, DE, Titans. Age: 29.
33. Solomon Thomas, DE, Jets. Age: 27.
34. Dante Fowler, DE, Cowboys. Age: 29.
35. Efe Obada, DE, Redskins. Age: 31.
36. Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE/DT, Saints. Age: 29.
37. Vinny Curry, DE, Jets. Age: 35.
38. Isaac Rochell, DE, Raiders. Age: 28.
39. Stephen Weatherly, DE, Browns. Age: 29.
40. Ben Banogu, DE, Colts. Age: 27.
41. Tashawn Bower, DE, Raiders. Age: 28.
42. Darryl Johnson, DE, Seahawks. Age: 26.
43. Patrick O'Connor, DE, Buccaneers. Age: 29.
[Reply]
Cosmos 09:09 PM 01-31-2023
Isn’t Ferrell considered a numb nuts…?

IE low football IQ sorts…or just seems like it when I observed his play?
[Reply]
Palangi 09:18 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Cosmos:

Great won’t cost a bunch and let’s see if our locker room can help him more than that atrocity in Vegas
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:40 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Palangi:
I’d like to see Veach take his usual flyer on Clellan Ferrell. A first rounder who hasn’t quite lived up to the billing. He is a great fit in Spags defense

I’d also like to see Charles Omenihu. Another good fit and high energy guy.
I think if you nab both of those guys and draft one first or second round, you should be in decent shape.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 02-01-2023
Looking at the WR/OT free agent group....I'm blowing my FA load on Davenport and drafting the other positions.
[Reply]
O.city 10:08 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Looking at the WR/OT free agent group....I'm blowing my FA load on Davenport and drafting the other positions.
Now that Brady is done and the Bucs are 60 million over the cap, I'd be calling about some guys there.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:52 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Cosmos:

He was supposed to be the opposite coming out of college.

I have no idea what happened.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:56 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He was supposed to be the opposite coming out of college.

I have no idea what happened.
I'd be happy to take a shot on him.

I mean - maybe he does just suck. But he sure didn't look that way coming out. I had him as a legit top 20 player at the time and easily the best of the realistic possibilities for us at DE in that draft. Then the Raiders went all Raider and reached on him.

But he sure looked to me like a guy who had every took needed to be a strong 4-3 DE. There wasn't much scheme versatility there, but I really didn't care. Strictly as a 5-technique sort of DE, he looked like a hell of a prospect.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Palangi:
I’d like to see Veach take his usual flyer on Clellan Ferrell. A first rounder who hasn’t quite lived up to the billing. He is a great fit in Spags defense

I’d also like to see Charles Omenihu. Another good fit and high energy guy.
Didn't Omenihu just run into some legal troubles? I liked him quite a bit coming out of UT (really thought he'd be a high 2nd day pick) and ever since he fell in the draft, he's still been a solid player.

I had him on a short list of depth guys we should target but if he's really facing some domestic violence stuff, I wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze.
[Reply]
mkp785 10:58 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Now that Brady is done and the Bucs are 60 million over the cap, I'd be calling about some guys there.
Id love to put Vita Vea next to Jones
[Reply]
kccrow 11:07 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Didn't Omenihu just run into some legal troubles? I liked him quite a bit coming out of UT (really thought he'd be a high 2nd day pick) and ever since he fell in the draft, he's still been a solid player.

I had him on a short list of depth guys we should target but if he's really facing some domestic violence stuff, I wonder if the juice is worth the squeeze.
Domestic violence arrest but not sure what's going to happen there. From what I read it was she said that he pushed her and the cops said no visual injury but they arrested him nonetheless.

Regardless, not a good look for him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:19 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Domestic violence arrest but not sure what's going to happen there. From what I read it was she said that he pushed her and the cops said no visual injury but they arrested him nonetheless.

Regardless, not a good look for him.
Thankya sir.

I didn't pay much attention, just saw "omenihu arrested" on the TV as I was walking into the kitchen and thought "well that probably takes him off the list...shit, I gotta get these crabby ass children some eggs or there will be hell to pay..."
[Reply]
O.city 11:27 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Id love to put Vita Vea next to Jones
Boy that would be a unit in there. I dunno the financials on it or if it would even work.

I was thinking more along the lines of Godwin
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:30 AM 02-01-2023
Boy that would be a unit in there. I dunno the financials on it or if it would even work.

I was thinking more along the lines of Godwin
Vea's numbers are stout but manageable. $27 million over the next 2 seasons. Years at $16 million and $17 million in years 3 and 4 (age 30 and 31) after that.

I would think it costs you Thuney or a quality veteran WR2 in the long-term. Or maybe Sneed.

Eventually those financials would cost you someone you'd like to keep so I'm not sure I'd throw that kind of money at a space filler. But damn - he DOES fill space with the best of them. That's a powerful cat right there.
[Reply]
O.city 11:38 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Vea's numbers are stout but manageable. $27 million over the next 2 seasons. Years at $16 million and $17 million in years 3 and 4 (age 30 and 31) after that.

I would think it costs you Thuney or a quality veteran WR2 in the long-term. Or maybe Sneed.

Eventually those financials would cost you someone you'd like to keep so I'm not sure I'd throw that kind of money at a space filler. But damn - he DOES fill space with the best of them. That's a powerful cat right there.
Yeah, he'd be one you just plug in there and let work with Jones. Would be pretty nasty but that's alot of coin.

Like I said, I'd rather have Godwin.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:25 PM 02-01-2023
Yeah, he'd be one you just plug in there and let work with Jones. Would be pretty nasty but that's alot of coin.

Like I said, I'd rather have Godwin.
See, I think they'll 100% keep him as he's young. Now Evans seems like a possible move candidate. He's 30 and I think they can save some $$$ this year if they trade/cut him.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up