ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>FA WRs
Direckshun 08:28 AM 01-31-2023
https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2023WR.php

1. Jakobi Meyers, WR, Patriots. Age: 26.
Jakobi Meyers has been able to gel with every quarterback with whom he has been paired. He's a very reliable possession receiver. The problem is that he's been used as a No. 1 in New England when he'd be better off as a No. 2 option.

2. D.J. Chark, WR, Lions. Age: 26.
D.J. Chark caught only 30 passes last year, but played in only 11 games. Chark has proven in the past that he can be a viable No. 1, though he's much better as a No. 2.

3. Richie James, WR, Giants. Age: 27.
Richie James wasn't really the No. 1 receiver last year because he played in the slot, but he was the best-performing receiver all last year. James had some high-reception games, especially against the Eagles on two occasions.

4. Allen Lazard, WR, Packers. Age: 27.
Allen Lazard is a solid possession receiver, but doesn't offer much upside.

5. JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Chiefs. Age: 26.
JuJu Smith-Schuster broke into the NFL as an electric player, but has regressed since. He was just a mediocre possession receiver last year.

6. Darius Slayton, WR, Giants. Age: 26.
Darius Slayton seemed left for dead at the beginning of the year, but he stepped in for some injured players in the middle of the season and did well as the team's No. 1 receiver down the stretch.

7. Demarcus Robinson, WR, Ravens. Age: 28.
Demarcus Robinson was a surprise performer for the Ravens last year, doing well as a possession receiver once Rashod Bateman got hurt.

8. Jarvis Landry, WR, Saints. Age: 30.
Jarvis Landry didn't play much in 2022 because of injuries. He struggled when he was on the field, but he should be able to have a much better year in 2023.

9. Mecole Hardman, WR, Chiefs. Age: 25.
Mecole Hardman is a phenomenal athlete, but isn't a good football player. However, he's still just 25, so there's lots of time for him to develop.

10. Mack Hollins, WR, Raiders. Age: 29.
Mack Hollins is coming off his best season, catching 57 passes for 690 yards and four touchdowns. He had some solid performances when other players were injured.

11. Parris Campbell, WR, Colts. Age: 26.
12. Jamison Crowder, WR, Bills. Age: 30.
13. DeAndre Carter, WR, Chargers. Age: 30.
14. Nelson Agholor, WR, Patriots. Age: 30.
15. Equanimeous St. Brown, WR, Bears. Age: 26.
16. Chris Moore, WR, Texans. Age: 30.
17. Olamide Zaccheaus, WR, Falcons. Age: 26.
18. Marquez Callaway, WR, Saints. Age: 25.
19. Marvin Jones, WR, Jaguars. Age: 33.
20. Justin Watson, WR, Chiefs. Age: 28.
21. Marquise Goodwin, WR, Seahawks. Age: 32.
22. Trent Sherfield, WR, Dolphins. Age: 27.
23. Noah Brown, WR, Cowboys. Age: 27.
24. Dante Pettis, WR, Bears. Age: 27.
25. Phillip Dorsett, WR, Texans. Age: 30.
26. Byron Pringle, WR, Bears. Age: 29.
27. Keelan Cole, WR, Raiders. Age: 30.
28. Julio Jones, WR, Buccaneers. Age: 34.
29. Sammy Watkins, WR, Ravens. Age: 30.
30. T.Y. Hilton, WR, Cowboys. Age: 33.
31. Breshad Perriman, WR, Buccaneers. Age: 29.
32. Laquon Treadwell, WR, Seahawks. Age: 28.
33. Matthew Slater, WR/ST, Patriots. Age: 37.
34. Randall Cobb, WR, Packers. Age: 33.
35. Cam Sims, WR, Redskins. Age: 27.
36. Olabisi Johnson, WR, Vikings. Age: 26.
37. Marcus Johnson, WR, Giants. Age: 29.
38. Zach Pascal, WR, Eagles. Age: 28.
39. Trent Taylor, WR, Bengals. Age: 29.
40. Miles Boykin, WR, Steelers. Age: 27.
41. Scotty Miller, WR, Buccaneers. Age: 26.
42. Chris Conley, WR, Titans. Age: 30.
43. KhaDarel Hodge, WR, Falcons. Age: 28.
44. Jake Kumerow, WR, Bills. Age: 31.
45. Ashton Dulin, WR, Colts. Age: 26.
46. Damiere Byrd, WR, Falcons. Age: 30.
47. Rashard Higgins, WR, Panthers. Age: 28.
48. Brandon Powell, WR, Rams. Age: 28.
49. A.J. Green, WR, Cardinals. Age: 35.
50. N'Keal Harry, WR, Bears. Age: 25.
51. Deonte Harty, WR, Saints. Age: 25.
52. Andre Roberts, WR, Panthers. Age: 35.
[Reply]
O.city 11:45 AM 02-01-2023
I figure it'll be a Justin Reid type signing, which is fine.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:56 AM 02-01-2023
The more I think about the WR situation, the more I think this:

MVS is under contract. We just saw what he can do when there are no other options against a pretty good defense.

You drafted Skyy Moore in the 2nd. He would profile to take some of those underneath routes that Juju does, just in a different way. That's fine, no problem.

It would be good value to bring back Justin Watson, who is big like Juju and plays big, too. Yeah, the dropsies were a bummer, but I think you're going to have to get past that. He knows the offense, and will be cheap and has some physical attributes.

You've got Toney, who maybe with an offseason of targeted work with this training staff or maybe Mahomes' trainer Stroupe to be able to stay on the field. It's all soft tissue stuff with him, I have to believe you can train for that.

If Hardman does a '22 Juju and returns to try to increase his FA value in '24 on a one year cheap deal, I do that.

I think I draft a guy, I let Juju walk, and I roll with what's in house, knowing that year two for all of them should be better in this system.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:00 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Its rumored that Michael Thomas will hit become a FA as well, not that we'd be interested but just saying.
The Chiefs would absolutely be interested for a good price.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:02 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
The more I think about the WR situation, the more I think this:

MVS is under contract. We just saw what he can do when there are no other options against a pretty good defense.

You drafted Skyy Moore in the 2nd. He would profile to take some of those underneath routes that Juju does, just in a different way. That's fine, no problem.

It would be good value to bring back Justin Watson, who is big like Juju and plays big, too. Yeah, the dropsies were a bummer, but I think you're going to have to get past that. He knows the offense, and will be cheap and has some physical attributes.

You've got Toney, who maybe with an offseason of targeted work with this training staff or maybe Mahomes' trainer Stroupe to be able to stay on the field. It's all soft tissue stuff with him, I have to believe you can train for that.

If Hardman does a '22 Juju and returns to try to increase his FA value in '24 on a one year cheap deal, I do that.

I think I draft a guy, I let Juju walk, and I roll with what's in house, knowing that year two for all of them should be better in this system.
I'd probably sniff out a vet if there's one who wants a good, cheap deal, like a potentially-cut Michael Thomas. That would also allow the Chiefs to sign someone without it counting against the compensatory formula.

Aside from that, we're simpatico here.
[Reply]
O.city 12:05 PM 02-01-2023
I'd let Hardman and JJSS walk, sign Watson and trade our 2nd to the Bucs for Chris Godwin
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:10 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd let Hardman and JJSS walk, sign Watson and trade our 2nd to the Bucs for Chris Godwin
I adore Chris Godwin and he would destroy in our system, but his cap hits for 2023 and 2024 are both 23.7m/year.
[Reply]
O.city 12:25 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I adore Chris Godwin and he would destroy in our system, but his cap hits for 2023 and 2024 are both 23.7m/year.
Give him another year to lower it.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:01 PM 02-01-2023
Give him another year to lower it.
that would be the only way.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:09 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I just don't think any of the guys not already in the building are going to produce at their cost level.
I think the opposite.

I think bringing in guys who have been catching passes from Jared Goff and Daniel Jones is a really nice way to get them to produce beyond their market.

I think we have a market efficiency here where these are EXACTLY the kinds of markets where we can do some damage. There's not much at the top but there are a ton of similarly fungible guys who have viable skill-sets but haven't clicked where they were.

Guys fall through the cracks in markets like this.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:09 PM 02-01-2023
Or….we draft our version of Chris Godwin in the draft? I’d rather bring Juju back at a mid teen range cap hit than trade assets and pay Godwin big money
[Reply]
O.city 02:47 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Or….we draft our version of Chris Godwin in the draft? I’d rather bring Juju back at a mid teen range cap hit than trade assets and pay Godwin big money
You guys wanna "draft draft draft" then not play the guy we drafted and instead pay 15 mil a year for a FA we brought in.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:03 PM 02-01-2023
You guys wanna "draft draft draft" then not play the guy we drafted and instead pay 15 mil a year for a FA we brought in.
Yes draft and develop instead of using prime assets on expensive guys.

We had 6 rookies play solid to crucial roles this year. Law of averages says there will always be at least 1 that struggled some.

Get Skyy ready for year 2 and keep attacking the position in the draft
[Reply]
O.city 03:05 PM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes draft and develop instead of using prime assets on expensive guys.

We had 6 rookies play solid to crucial roles this year. Law of averages says there will always be at least 1 that struggled some.

Get Skyy ready for year 2 and keep attacking the position in the draft
Law of averages says you won't have 6 play roles, so it would be more of an outlier situation and you shouldn't bank on having rookies or atleast that many play that big of a role.

It's a similar situation to McDuffie. They need a blue chip guy at WR at some point so if trading for one who's in his prime is the way, it's the way.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 05:30 PM 02-01-2023
ESB seems criminally low on this list to me. What am I missing?
[Reply]
RunKC 09:25 PM 02-01-2023
Law of averages says you won't have 6 play roles, so it would be more of an outlier situation and you shouldn't bank on having rookies or atleast that many play that big of a role.

It's a similar situation to McDuffie. They need a blue chip guy at WR at some point so if trading for one who's in his prime is the way, it's the way.
I agree. Let’s trade for a WR…by moving up in the draft :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up