ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>FA RBs
Direckshun 08:27 AM 01-31-2023
https://walterfootball.com/freeagents2023RB.php

1. Josh Jacobs, RB, Raiders. Age: 26.
Josh Jacobs emerged as one of the top running backs in the NFL last year. He led the league in rushing and was a reliable receiving threat.

2. Saquon Barkley, RB, Giants. Age: 26.
Saquon Barkley tore his ACL in 2020 and struggled to recover from that injury the following year. Barkley was finally back to 100 percent this past season. He was incredible, though his durability is still a question mark.

3. Tony Pollard, RB, Cowboys. Age: 26.
Tony Pollard is an electric play-maker capable of going the distance any time he touches the ball. The Cowboys don't seem to recognize this because they feed the ball to Ezekiel Elliott way too much.

4. Kareem Hunt, RB, Browns. Age: 28.
It's a shame that Kareem Hunt had his best years wasted behind Nick Chubb. He can be one of the top producers at the position if he's able to handle a full workload.

5. Rashaad Penny, RB, Seahawks. Age: 27.
It's a shame that Rashaad Penny broke his fibula after five games last year because he was off to a great start, averaging 6.1 yards per carry.

6. Miles Sanders, RB, Eagles. Age: 26.
Miles Sanders is capable of going the distance whenever he touches the ball, though he didn't offer the Eagles much as a receiver this past season.

7. Alexander Mattison, RB, Vikings. Age: 25.
Alexander Mattison has been trapped behind Dalvin Cook his entire career. He's talented enough to be a three-down starter on another team.

8. Jamaal Williams, RB, Lions. Age: 28.
Jamaal Williams led the NFL in touchdowns last year. He's a great goal-line back, but he's just above average as a runner overall.

9. Raheem Mostert, RB, Dolphins. Age: 31.
Raheem Mostert is capable of breaking long runs at any given time, but he has a dubious injury history. Teams are wary to rely on him as a lead back.

10. Jeff Wilson Jr., RB, Dolphins. Age: 27.
Jeff Wilson Jr. is a solid runner who fit right into Miami's offense right away. He doesn't offer much in the receiving department, however.

11. D'Onta Foreman, RB, Panthers. Age: 27.
D'Onta Foreman took over for the traded Christian McCaffrey, and he ran very well. The downside is that he doesn't do anything as a receiver out of the backfield.

12. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Chiefs. Age: 31.
Jerick McKinnon isn't much of a runner, but he's an excellent receiver out of the backfield. He tends to come up big in the playoffs.

13. David Montgomery, RB, Bears. Age: 26.
David Montgomery is a known name, but he's also an overrated plodder. He has been getting phased out of the offense in favor of Khalil Herbert.

14. Devin Singletary, RB, Bills. Age: 25.
Devin Singletary is an underrated runner, but Buffalo's coaches have never trusted him to handle the entire workload.

15. Damien Harris, RB, Patriots. Age: 26.
Damien Harris is a talented runner, but there are two issues with him. One is that he doesn't offer much as a receiver out of the backfield. The other is that he's had trouble staying healthy.

16. Samaje Perine, RB, Bengals. Age: 27.
Samaje Perine isn't much of a runner, but he's a threat as a receiver out of the backfield.

17. D'Ernest Johnson, RB, Browns. Age: 27.
D'Ernest Johnson has been buried on Cleveland's depth chart, but he has shown that he can be an effective runner when given the chance.

18. Latavius Murray, RB, Broncos. Age: 33.
Latavius Murray performed better than expected in relief of Javonte Williams and Melvin Gordon, but he turned 33 this offseason, so he doesn't have much time remaining in the NFL.

19. Kenyan Drake, RB, Ravens. Age: 29.
Kenyan Drake had some quality games last year, including a 119-yard performance against the Giants in Week 6.

20. Royce Freeman, RB, Texans. Age: 27.
21. Justin Jackson, RB, Lions. Age: 27.
22. Matt Breida, RB, Giants. Age: 28.
23. Dontrell Hilliard, RB, Titans. Age: 28.
24. Rex Burkhead, RB, Texans. Age: 33.
25. Ameer Abdullah, RB, Raiders. Age: 30.
26. Mike Boone, RB, Broncos. Age: 28.
27. Ty Johnson, RB, Jets. Age: 25.
28. Boston Scott, RB, Eagles. Age: 28.
29. Travis Homer, RB, Seahawks. Age: 25.
30. Trayveon Williams, RB, Bengals. Age: 25.
31. Myles Gaskin, RB, Dolphins. Age: 26.
32. Justice Hill, RB, Ravens. Age: 25.
33. Ronald Jones, RB, Chiefs. Age: 26.
34. Craig Reynolds, RB, Lions. Age: 27.
35. Jonathan Williams, RB, Redskins. Age: 29.
36. Benny Snell, RB, Steelers. Age: 25.
37. Mark Ingram, RB, Saints. Age: 33.
38. Marlon Mack, RB, Broncos. Age: 27.
39. Darrel Williams, RB, Cardinals. Age: 28.
40. Giovani Bernard, RB, Buccaneers. Age: 31.
41. David Johnson, RB, Saints. Age: 31.
42. Trenton Cannon, RB, Titans. Age: 28.
43. Dwayne Washington, RB, Saints. Age: 29.
44. Malcolm Brown, RB, Rams. Age: 30.
45. Corey Clement, RB, Cardinals. Age: 28.
46. Jeremy McNichols, RB, Steelers. Age: 27.
47. Taiwan Jones, RB, Bills. Age: 35.
[Reply]
Direckshun 08:29 AM 01-31-2023
I think Perine makes a ton of sense for the Chiefs.

He's 3-4 years younger than McKinnon, almost as great in the passing game, great in blitz protection, and he's finally the bruising short-yardage back this team could use.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:45 AM 01-31-2023
I really like Justice Hill and D'Ernest Johnson.

Hill is more for the speed component and return ability. He's been really good since fully coming back from that Achilles.

Johnson is just a solid, balanced back that showed he is capable of being a lot more than a 3rd stringer but that team was stacked at the position.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 03:22 PM 01-31-2023
1. Josh Jacobs, RB, Raiders. Age: 26.
Too expensive

2. Saquon Barkley, RB, Giants. Age: 26.
Too expensive

3. Tony Pollard, RB, Cowboys. Age: 26.
Better shot at Zeke

4. Kareem Hunt, RB, Browns. Age: 28.

Probably sounds weird but Interested

5. Rashaad Penny, RB, Seahawks. Age: 27.
Interested

6. Miles Sanders, RB, Eagles. Age: 26.
Not going anywhere

7. Alexander Mattison, RB, Vikings. Age: 25.
Interested

8. Jamaal Williams, RB, Lions. Age: 28.
Good fit I think

9. Raheem Mostert, RB, Dolphins. Age: 31.
No

10. Jeff Wilson Jr., RB, Dolphins. Age: 27.
No

11. D'Onta Foreman, RB, Panthers. Age: 27.
Not going anywhere

12. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Chiefs. Age: 31.
Deserves one last year if he wants it

13. David Montgomery, RB, Bears. Age: 26.
Absolutely interested. When he's fully healthy he's a hell of a lot more than just a plodder

Meh to the rest
[Reply]
bigjosh 03:26 PM 01-31-2023
Set me up with Jamal Williams for that short yardage bullshit our current crop cant ever seem to pick up.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:37 PM 01-31-2023
We could use a guy that can get short yardage and block.

Hoping we can bring back McKinnon back on a team friendly deal.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:03 PM 01-31-2023
I'm ABSOLUTELY NOT spending any FA money on a ****ing running back other than bringing Mckinnon back.

i would think getting a Pacheco in the 7th would cure you guys of the RB FA lust.

Totally down with a complementary skillset back late in the draft, though.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:23 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm ABSOLUTELY NOT spending any FA money on a ****ing running back other than bringing Mckinnon back.

i would think getting a Pacheco in the 7th would cure you guys of the RB FA lust.

Totally down with a complementary skillset back late in the draft, though.
I'm looking at guys that will be cheap, vet min signings and not guys that will be expensive.

I like McKinnon because he's a phenomenal blocker and great receiver but he offers next to nothing running the football. That said, I'd agree that he would be my #1 target. If he won't sign for cheap, then there should be alternatives you're looking at.

Justice Hill is a lot like McKinnon. Similar build, speed, etc. He's going to be a cheap sign just as McKinnon should be. He's just younger. He's a very solid returner but not the same type of blocker.

Johnson is a guy I look at as a more complete back that has shown he can even start in this league. If the Chiefs trade Clyde, I would love to have him and McKinnon with Pacheco.

I don't know if anyone is clamoring that much for the Chiefs to spend more than vet min contracts on a guy here. If I were, I'd be pounding the door down for Tony Pollard.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:37 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I'm looking at guys that will be cheap, vet min signings and not guys that will be expensive.

I like McKinnon because he's a phenomenal blocker and great receiver but he offers next to nothing running the football. That said, I'd agree that he would be my #1 target. If he won't sign for cheap, then there should be alternatives you're looking at.

Justice Hill is a lot like McKinnon. Similar build, speed, etc. He's going to be a cheap sign just as McKinnon should be. He's just younger. He's a very solid returner but not the same type of blocker.

Johnson is a guy I look at as a more complete back that has shown he can even start in this league. If the Chiefs trade Clyde, I would love to have him and McKinnon with Pacheco.

I don't know if anyone is clamoring that much for the Chiefs to spend more than vet min contracts on a guy here. If I were, I'd be pounding the door down for Tony Pollard.
What are you going to get for Clyde? A ham sandwich?

Yeah, I'm not against a cheap vet, but anyone clamoring for a big name is way off base, in my opinion.

I think Mckinnon is smart enough to know that this is the perfect situation for him to extend his career and win, and will do whatever the team needs him to do to stay.
[Reply]
O.city 09:49 AM 02-03-2023
Would you send a 6th and CEH to NO for Kamara?
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:13 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Would you send a 6th and CEH to NO for Kamara?
I think they're going to have to cut him, so you not only won't have to pay the Saints for him, but if you pick him up immediately, it doesn't factor into the compensatory pick formula.

I'd probably wait for him to clear waivers and explore signing him then, though. His cap hits are just too large for a 28 year old.
[Reply]
O.city 10:21 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
I think they're going to have to cut him, so you not only won't have to pay the Saints for him, but if you pick him up immediately, it doesn't factor into the compensatory pick formula.

I'd probably wait for him to clear waivers and explore signing him then, though. His cap hits are just too large for a 28 year old.
With those cap hits, can they just cut him?
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:36 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
With those cap hits, can they just cut him?
Eesh. Good point.

Looks like he's a Saint unless he reworks his deal.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:59 AM 02-03-2023

Would he be subject to waivers as a vet?
[Reply]
O.city 11:27 AM 02-03-2023
Eesh. Good point.

Looks like he's a Saint unless he reworks his deal.
That's what I was looking at. The Saints cap is......man it's bad. I don't know what they do other than restructure a bunch of old guys and just kick the can but damn.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up