ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Here comes the winds of change Bengals
RunKC 09:35 AM 01-30-2023
The price of being a good team. We saw how Allen regressed after Dabboll left. Losing either of these 2 would be a huge blow to that team.

This just in....

The Cardinals have requested to interview Bengals DC Lou Anarumo for their vacant HC job, per league source.@gmfb @nflnetwork

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) January 30, 2023

The #Cardinals also requested an interview with #Bengals OC Brian Callahan for their head coaching job, per source. Callahan also is a candidate for the #Colts job.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) January 30, 2023

[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:52 AM 01-30-2023
Don’t they have a lot of free agents on defense?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:53 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Don’t they have a lot of free agents on defense?
Bates, Bell, and Pratt are the 3 I remember

Edit: Flowers and Apple as well.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:53 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
People absolutely crowned Burrow too early.

I think he’s really fucking good. No question.

But let’s see it once he’s off the rookie contract. Let’s see it when his organization has to draft late every year and make tough decisions with stars.

It was absolutely fair to question how Mahomes would respond. It’s absolutely fair to question how Burrow will respond.
Bengals defense has been extremely helpful to Burrow. The Cincy defense only gave up 23 points in both playoff losses the last two years. Mahomes’ defense has given up close to 32 points per game in 3 playoff losses. I think there are very real questions about what will happen to the Cincy defense when Burrow & Chase get paid, especially if DC Lou moves to another team.
[Reply]
Oxford 11:55 AM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Probably not too different from us. Honey badger was a terrific leader until he wasn’t. Veach did a masterful job of resetting our team culture. Our offense started to get arrogant and much as I love tyreek he was a huge part of that. Our defense was starting to get too confrontational from honey badger to hitchens.

Which makes me think Eli apple won’t be back next year. And I wonder how they’ll deal with Pratt chewing out Ossai. I get the frustration but he seemed to step way over the line. Either way credit veach for making those kinds of bold moves. Let’s see if the bengals have that in them.
True enough, although Veach saw it was just noise.
[Reply]
Mecca 03:03 PM 01-30-2023
That doesn't even account for that basically everyone thinks they'll cut Mixon, it saves them 10 mill and explore trading Tee Higgins.

Trading Higgins is all over social media today.
[Reply]
B_Ambuehl 03:40 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Exactly what I was thinking. He made like 5 big plays in that game. Two of them were jump balls to a covered Chase and Higgins who just outplayed rookie DBs. Two of them were broken coverages that left guys as wide open as they could be. One of them was a designed QB keeper up the middle when they caught the Chiefs defense sleeping. Great play call actually. To be fair, he is an accurate passer and is pretty slippery in the pocket. Good poise. He can run and scramble a bit. But he doesn't have the god-like arm talent and playmaking ability Mahomes has. It's insane to compare the two and not even really fair to Burrow if you ask me. You can't really knock Dame Lillard because he's not Lebron ya know?
I'll take the other side of that argument:

1. Burrow has only had one six or 7 game stretch in his entire 3 year career where he played behind an even average offensive line. During that stretch this season he was unstoppable. The wheels fell off in the baltimore playoff game. He played yesterday behind an Oline with 2 backup tackles and without his pro-bowl guard. It's basically the same situation Mahomes was thrust into in the superbowl.

2. Mahomes plays behind one of the best Olines in the NFL as far as pressure rate and I saw a stat last week that the offense he plays in inherently creates more open space for receivers than any in the NFL. Add to that he's very mobile.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2...-line-rankings

The chiefs offense is about the ONLY NFL offense football nerds at the college & high school level try to copy. The NFL is a copycat league with the exception of the chiefs.

The Bengals offense doesn't do much at all. They just allow guys to win 1 on 1. It's a very, very high degree of difficulty offense. You're not gonna have a Chad Henne come into the Bengals offense and lead 98 yard scoring drives or any backups having winning records over a stretch of games.

I think you'll find as Burrow gets older his protection is gonna get better, his offense is gonna get better as far as structure, and aging isn't gonna affect him much because he's primarily a pocket QB. He may lose some weapons but his production isn't going anywhere.

Mahomes currently has advantages no other QB in NFL history has had. An original offense that creates a lot of space, a top 5 Oline, a defense that can pressure the QB & get off the field, AND he's mobile & can extend plays. As he gets older you'll probably see him forced to play more from the pocket.

The rivalry between these 2 teams and these 2 QBs will likely only get better, unless one of the front offices royally fucks things up.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 03:46 PM 01-30-2023
Probably not too different from us. Honey badger was a terrific leader until he wasn’t. Veach did a masterful job of resetting our team culture. Our offense started to get arrogant and much as I love tyreek he was a huge part of that. Our defense was starting to get too confrontational from honey badger to hitchens.

Which makes me think Eli apple won’t be back next year. And I wonder how they’ll deal with Pratt chewing out Ossai. I get the frustration but he seemed to step way over the line. Either way credit veach for making those kinds of bold moves. Let’s see if the bengals have that in them.
Pratt is a FA and knew he won't be back. That's why he lost his shit.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:00 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
They don't need to spend money on the offensive line. They already did that. They just need to stay healthy.
I dunno they did pay Collins but he looked terrible. There's a possibility he's just not the guy he was
[Reply]
Red Dawg 04:02 PM 01-30-2023
Mahomes pressure rate was higher than Joe's. Joe has himself to blame for getting sacked so much.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:03 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:

1. Burrow has only had one six or 7 game stretch in his entire 3 year career where he played behind an even average offensive line. During that stretch this season he was unstoppable. The wheels fell off in the baltimore playoff game. He played yesterday behind an Oline with 2 backup tackles and without his pro-bowl guard. It's basically the same situation Mahomes was thrust into in the superbowl.

2. Mahomes plays behind one of the best Olines in the NFL as far as pressure rate and I saw a stat last week that the offense he plays in inherently creates more open space for receivers than any in the NFL. Add to that he's very mobile.

The chiefs offense is about the ONLY NFL offense football nerds at the college & high school level try to copy. The NFL is a copycat league with the exception of the chiefs.

The Bengals offense doesn't do much at all. They just allow guys to win 1 on 1. It's a very, very high degree of difficulty offense. You're not gonna have a Chad Henne come into the Bengals offense and lead 98 yard scoring drives or any backups having winning records over a stretch of games.

I think you'll find as Burrow gets older his protection is gonna get better, his offense is gonna get better as far as structure, and aging isn't gonna affect him much because he's primarily a pocket QB. He may lose some weapons but his production isn't going anywhere.

Mahomes currently has advantages no other QB in NFL history has had. An original offense that creates a lot of space, a top 5 Oline, a defense that can pressure the QB & get off the field, AND he's mobile & can extend plays. As he gets older you'll probably see him forced to play more from the pocket.

The rivalry between these 2 teams and these 2 QBs will likely only get better, unless one of the front offices royally ****s things up.
Lots of this may be accurate, but I don't know how Burrow has better weapons than those he has now. Plus the way they use their OL has managed to negate some of the individual weaknesses. If Burrow has a fixed OL next year then he's got a couple of years in the hunt for sure , but he's not getting another Chase drafting late in the 1st.
[Reply]
penguinz 04:07 PM 01-30-2023
Burrows problem is that he is a robot. If the play does not develop exactly as it was supposed to he cannot adjust quickly and go off program. You saw it last night.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:21 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by B_Ambuehl:

The rivalry between these 2 teams and these 2 QBs will likely only get better, unless one of the front offices royally ****s things up.
But we’re talking about a guy who started the season on pace to take 100 sacks early in the season. That’s with a very good, healthy offensive line. They made adjustments to get rid of the ball quicker. He’s not gonna forever have the luxury of having three WRs who are arguably WR1s. He relies a lot on these guys to get immediate separation or catch and run. His best answer yesterday to pressure was jump balls where our guys did a masterful job of playing these guys tight. Hurst probably won’t be back. Burrow will probably be a very good qb. But is his career arc way more Andrew luck than Peyton manning? A guy who’s going to take way too many hits and will eventually revert to holding on to the ball too long.

And then there’s the issue of defense. Because there is NO WAY the bengals can field a great defense. You’ve got $80-90m for just two guys. Hard to imagine they don’t also pump $ into the OL. Who else can you pay? Does THAT turn burrow into a different qb where he now has to press. He won’t have the luxury Brady had of relying on his defense to close games.

So yeah this is one of our best shots at a true rivalry. But as good as burrow is… mahomes has answered what to expect from the next step. Burrow has not. Can he win without weapons? Check. Hell take away 3 key WR weapons and give him an 80% healthy HOF tight end and he’s still golden. The mahomes we saw yesterday can certainly play like this 10 years from now. The evolution we never saw from Big Ben or Russell when they lost a step. And keep in mind we beat them during a rebuild. With a ton of injury and a limping qb. We are undoubtedly going to add weapons in the coming off seasons. We are going to get better while cincy gets worse. No they won’t drop off a cliff but when you’re peak is equally matched against our worst, the drop will be significant enough for us to be their daddy. Maybe not next year. But the years after that we’ll see huge separation.
[Reply]
jettio 04:27 PM 01-30-2023
Bengals staying power will depend on how the AFC North shakes out.

I think Bengals will be a contender for a while.
[Reply]
notorious 04:28 PM 01-30-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
Bengals staying power will depend on how the AFC North shakes out.

I think Bengals will be a contender for a while.
No doubt.

That conference has two franchise's that won't be shit for very long. Pit and Baltimore will be back soon.

Then there's Cleveland.......:-)
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:36 PM 01-30-2023
Anuramo is a perfect guy for AZ.
Anuramo reminds me of Dick LeBeau. There isn't any type of offense he can't scheme for. He is a no-nonsense type guy who won't put up with a "crybaby blamer" QB like Murray. IF he gets the job, will be interesting to see how that relationship pans out.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 14
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up