ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Does the team success this playoffs affect...
Direckshun 10:25 PM 01-29-2023
How are your evaluations of the following players potentially affected by this Super Bowl run?

LT Orlando Brown Jr

This guy has been very good down the stretch. Most of the people on this forum believe in tagging him and we recently had a mock posted where someone traded him.

WR JuJu Smith-Schuster

We got a ton of love for JuJu on this forum, and most of the forum believes in bringing him back at a relatively hefty deal (my most recent one was just shy of $13m/year). But he has 3 receptions in two games, one of which the Chiefs won handily and the other they would have won handily if Mahomes had two legs or half the WR corps didn't end up in the ER. Maybe it's time to rethink his value once free agency shows up.

DE Frank Clark

You knew this name was coming up.

TE Blake Bell

This forum has been mixed on whether we bring him back or not. Not sure if the playoff games change how y'all feel about him.

S Juan Thornhill

This guy has been a hot mess in the five different roles we seem to have run him through over the years, and we've been harping on this guy bouncing back from his ACL tear poorly starting in 2020. But down the stretch in 2022, he played damn well.

DT Khalen Saunders

We've had some differing opinions on Khalen as well -- I'm in the minority, it seems, that believe we should let him walk. But he has been an important player down the stretch. I'm not sure how that affects my evaluation just yet. How about you?

OT/G Andrew Wylie

I think most of us believe Wylie is invaluable as a utility man along the OL. I'm open to hear if anybody has backed off that evaluation.

WR Mecole Hardman

I think most of us understand that Hardman may have priced himself out of Kansas City. But having watched Skyy Moore essentially play his position, it's easy to see how superior he is at his role on this team. Now that he's nursing an injury, he may be a cheap re-sign for a year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:14 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wylie can play. I mean, he's not good or elite or anything obviously, but he can atleast be functional.

I can't imagine they don't try to upgrade that spot somehow.
Of course Wylie can play...he's in the NFL. What you get though is sections of games where he plays so horribly that it kills drives. Those are now happening more often. Cut bait and find someone better.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:14 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
What I'm trying to tell you is that Wylie isn't NFL starter-level. He's terrible. I don't know what you see but I see sucks and ass put together immediately following his name.
And I'm telling you most guys that back up both guard positions and tackles aren't starter level either.

You're basically criticizing a tree for being too slow. He's a backup utility guy; it's the nature of the position.

Edit: That being said, it does seem that he will go somewhere else and get a starter gig. He has been a starting tackle for multiple Super Bowls now and is unlikely going back to riding the pine. Someone will pay him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:17 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
And I'm telling you most guys that back up both guard positions and tackles aren't starter level either.

You're basically criticizing a tree for being too slow. He's a backup utility guy; it's the nature of the position.

Edit: That being said, it does seem that he will go somewhere else and get a starter gig. He has been a starting tackle for multiple Super Bowls now and is unlikely going back to riding the pine. Someone will pay him.
Reiter was a starting center for two Super Bowl teams and didn't get shit out on the open market. It's not a guarantee he's starting for anyone else after this year.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:19 AM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Reiter was a starting center for two Super Bowl teams and didn't get shit out on the open market. It's not a guarantee he's starting for anyone else after this year.
Tackle > center but your point is taken.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:09 PM 01-31-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

Here are some questions for you (I'll give my arguments for your enjoyment).

Is Wylie really a functional tackle in the NFL?

I'd argue the stats and the eyeball test prove the contrary. He led the league in pressures allowed and had quite a few sacks given up (8) for a guy whose QB is an absolute magician. The breakdowns Wylie has in pass protection are... abysmal. He often whiffs on second-level blocks in the run game to boot.

Not only that, when he wasn't missing blocks, he didn't fair all that well in the penalty department in his move to tackle. Wylie tied for 15th with 12 other players for the most flags in the NFL with 10. 7 of those were penalized.

Given the above, would any other NFL team view Wylie as a tackle and even more so one they'd trust to start any games much less an entire season?

I'd argue, given his performance in the position, no. I'm confident the only person on the planet that views Wylie as an OT is Andy Reid and I'm not entirely sure why. He stays healthy and he knows the offense. That's all I got.

If Wylie is not a functional tackle in the NFL, then is he a functional OG (I assume functional tackles can play guard)?

I'd argue he is a functional guard. He's not a quality starter in my opinion, but he's a guy you can survive with. He still has issues giving up pressure inside and he still has issues whiffing on blocks on the second level. I, personally, consider him a reserve quality player at the position. That said, I'd concede that there are teams that would most likely view him as an option to start for them.

Overall, I happen to prefer Allegretti as a guard. Sucking ass at OT and being able to be a reserve guard is not greater than being able to be a reserve guard for me. That's like saying 0+1 > 1. My mathematical mind can't accept that function.

I'm curious how you view these.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:26 PM 01-31-2023
Just imagine Wylie at RT with a QB who can't escape the pocket like Mahomes. That should tell you everything you need to know.
[Reply]
DRM08 03:08 PM 01-31-2023
I don't think they should pay JuJu the big money. He has piled up a lot of injuries from college to now, including several concussions and various problems with his legs/feet and shoulders/chest. He looks like a less explosive version of Sammy Watkins to me. Too many injuries just like Sammy, but not as impactful as Sammy when JuJu does play.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:31 PM 01-31-2023
I'd hold up on dumping Brown especially looking at where we'll be drafting and what LT tackles are available
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up