ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>LT situation
O.city 03:11 PM 12-06-2022
Would you trade a 1 and a 2nd to the Browns for Wills and sign him to an extension to fix the LT spot?
[Reply]
mkp785 11:16 AM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
So good, you've gotta post it twice?

Statistically, Nijman is a mid-level LT that can be had for much less than OBJ wants. This is why he's my pick to replace him. (they've had him at RT most of this season, with Jenkins at LT while Bahktiari is out. Last season Nijman was at LT while both Bahktiari and Jenkins were out, and played well.)

We can deal with a 'decent LT', we just can't overpay for him.
Bhakatiari has been out the better part of 2 years. He just missed the entire month of December. What makes you think he's even remotely the same guy? If he isn't the Pack would be smart to hold onto Nijman and just wait till they can cut/trade Bhakatiari. They might lose Arod this off-season, absolutely no reason to keep an expensive, LT who's knee might be done.

I still think we can move OBJ to Jacksonville/Pitt for a 2nd and then draft a younger, more pass-pro guy in the off-season.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:23 PM 01-09-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Bhakatiari has been out the better part of 2 years. He just missed the entire month of December. What makes you think he's even remotely the same guy? If he isn't the Pack would be smart to hold onto Nijman and just wait till they can cut/trade Bhakatiari. They might lose Arod this off-season, absolutely no reason to keep an expensive, LT who's knee might be done.

I still think we can move OBJ to Jacksonville/Pitt for a 2nd and then draft a younger, more pass-pro guy in the off-season.
He's $29m to play, $23m to cut, and they just shelled out a fat contract to Jenkins. They're at like $50m at OT position, but ok
[Reply]
chiefforlife 07:41 PM 01-09-2023
Unfortunately, Orlando has all the leverage here as there are no good solutions.

Hopefully he is in a generous mood after winning the Super bowl and gives a hometown discount. Unlikely but keeping him is our best option for the immediate future. It is possible he continues to improve and hell if we get to the Super Bowl with him, then he is good enough.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:56 AM 01-10-2023
He's $29m to play, $23m to cut, and they just shelled out a fat contract to Jenkins. They're at like $50m at OT position, but ok
Sunk costs are sunk costs.

And they're a LOT easier to swallow if you can retain a starting caliber LT for $5 million or so on a 1st round tender.

If Bhakatiari can't go, what they're paying him is largely irrelevant. And Jenkins is a guy who I think they'd rather play at G in a perfect world.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 12:29 PM 01-10-2023

If you think that's so easy, why wouldn't Jacksonville/Pitt just do the same?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:34 PM 01-10-2023
Why would Jacksonville trade for an OT? They have 3 of them already
[Reply]
mkp785 12:35 PM 01-10-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

And they're a LOT easier to swallow if you can retain a starting caliber LT for $5 million or so on a 1st round tender.

If Bhakatiari can't go, what they're paying him is largely irrelevant. And Jenkins is a guy who I think they'd rather play at G in a perfect world.
I'll add that if Arod is done, he's done in GB, he's not done playing football. He's somewhere in the neighborhood of 50M owed if he plays a few more years. A trade to Tenn makes some sense. That gives them more picks to add players who don't cost as much as Bhakatiari.

Of course that them makes them a possible for drafting a LT-which we might be looking at as well.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:48 PM 01-10-2023

at 4 years, $68m?

Sure, okay.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:28 PM 01-10-2023
at 4 years, $68m?

Sure, okay.
Recent top guards are in that range.

Nelson is 20 per
Thuney and Bitonio are 16.0 per
Scherff is 16.5 per

Jenkins having value as a reserve OT and high-end guard put him in that range to me.

I really don't think GB is letting Nijman walk. For 6 million they keep a starting RT, keep Jenkins at OG, and have a quality backup plan if Bakhtiari is in the tub again. Of all the things they should do this season, that one is at the top of the list. The only other player they have worth bringing back is Allen Lazard, and my opinion is they'd improve by letting him walk and finding someone else.
[Reply]
mkp785 01:19 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
If you think that's so easy, why wouldn't Jacksonville/Pitt just do the same?
Why would Jacksonville trade for an OT? They have 3 of them already
Both teams are more run heavy than we are and both have young QBs who aren't nearly as exp. as PM15. Both have QBs on rookie deals so they might be more inclined to spend extra money. Though in Jacksonville's case they did sign Cam Robinson to a long deal but it wont cost them much to cut him-and he's on IR anyways.

I'd also add Chicago to this list. They kinda have history with us since their GM was here just last year, they have over 100M available to spend and also have a rookie QB. They are in dire need of upgrades all over the offense. They actually might make the most sense if they can trade down from #1 and pick up some extra picks from someone else. They should be able to get a king's ransom from 1 of the QB needy teams.
[Reply]
tmax63 08:08 AM 01-11-2023
Lazard has basically said he's "outta here" after their game the other night. He may change his mind but that's what he implied.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 08:31 AM 01-11-2023
Still think that we should move Thuney to left tackle. We can then aim for a guard and right tackle in the draft which is much eaisier and cheaper solution to the problem.

Thuney will be at least as good as OBJ at LT and it means we don't have top money going to 2 positons on the line.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:19 AM 01-11-2023
Both teams are more run heavy than we are and both have young QBs who aren't nearly as exp. as PM15. Both have QBs on rookie deals so they might be more inclined to spend extra money. Though in Jacksonville's case they did sign Cam Robinson to a long deal but it wont cost them much to cut him-and he's on IR anyways.

I'd also add Chicago to this list. They kinda have history with us since their GM was here just last year, they have over 100M available to spend and also have a rookie QB. They are in dire need of upgrades all over the offense. They actually might make the most sense if they can trade down from #1 and pick up some extra picks from someone else. They should be able to get a king's ransom from 1 of the QB needy teams.
Nothing you said answers the question. If we hate OBJ so much why would they want to give up assets and a big deal when they can just fish one out in the draft for cheap?

You're not making any sense.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:01 AM 01-11-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Nothing you said answers the question. If we hate OBJ so much why would they want to give up assets and a big deal when they can just fish one out in the draft for cheap?

You're not making any sense.
I don't hate him. I think he's a good LT, he's just not a fit for OUR system. He's still a fantastic run blocker and for teams that run the ball more than we do, he's a great option. Especially considering his age.

Pittsburgh for example, runs the ball way more than we do and as such, he'd be a great fit there. As to why they don't just draft an o lineman with their 1st? I'd think they'd consider doing both. Drafting a guard at 17 while trading for OBJ.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 12:59 PM 01-11-2023
I don't hate him. I think he's a good LT, he's just not a fit for OUR system. He's still a fantastic run blocker and for teams that run the ball more than we do, he's a great option. Especially considering his age.

Pittsburgh for example, runs the ball way more than we do and as such, he'd be a great fit there. As to why they don't just draft an o lineman with their 1st? I'd think they'd consider doing both. Drafting a guard at 17 while trading for OBJ.
Word is that the commanders want to run the ball. I wonder if a deal could be made for OBJ plus picks for Leno Jr and Payne
[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up