ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>LT situation
O.city 03:11 PM 12-06-2022
Would you trade a 1 and a 2nd to the Browns for Wills and sign him to an extension to fix the LT spot?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:13 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We all know that Brown is signing a new deal with us.
I dunno, man.

I'm seeing a LOOOOOOT of chips out there.

Sure looks to me like the coaching staff, at this point, is just trying to make chicken salad with the guy.

I don't think they're going to be eager to sign up for 3-4 more years of this shit. Not when doing so will impact their ability to buttress the roster elsewhere.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:16 PM 12-20-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Brown is mediocre. The thing is, we can make due with mediocre as long as we're not paying a premium. What we can't do is tie up a ton of money in mediocre. That's what's killed our D-line since 2020.

There are guys out there that can do a middle of the road job for less than Brown is demanding. Fuck that guy.
Yup.

We can get by with mediocre OR expensive. We can't get by with both.

We can pay a premium for a premier LT. But OBJ has played his way off that list. He opened the door with several weeks of plus play, then fell on his damn face again.

And frankly I just get the feeling this is going to be par for the course for him. He's just not a natural fit for this system. That doesn't mean he can't go 4-6 weeks playing extremely well in it, but the stars have to align and they ain't gonna do that for 17 weeks. He'll get dinged or mechanically out of sorts. Or the weather will be bad. Or the matchup.

There are going to be games, probably 1/3 to 1/2 of them any given year, where he's passable at best. That's just the reality when you're asking a guy to run a system he's not well suited to run.

And I just don't think you can lock yourself into that for big money. It's fine if he's cheap; you can make that work. It's not fine when he's even making the money he's making now, let alone asking for more.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:13 AM 12-21-2022
Seriously hope we don't pay this guy, but Veach was very close to making that mistake. I don't think it's inconceivable he offers the same again on the assumption he was off early in the year due to injury and has improved a little since. With any luck OBJ is dumb enough to turn it down again.
[Reply]
O.city 10:09 AM 12-23-2022
Well forget about Elghton Jenkins. Signed a long term extension in GB.

Nijman might be able to be signed though.
[Reply]
kcbubb 01:07 PM 12-23-2022
We need to draft a LT.
[Reply]
kcbubb 01:12 PM 12-23-2022
If Paris drops to around 15, go get him.

https://youtu.be/bYtES1ttaZU
[Reply]
chiefforlife 01:19 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by kcbubb:
If Paris drops to around 15, go get him.

https://youtu.be/bYtES1ttaZU
Why would he drop to 15? Likely top 5
[Reply]
kcbubb 01:33 PM 12-23-2022
Highest I’ve seen Paris in boards is 10 and lowest is 18. Hard to tell at this point but he’s got like 36” arms and quick feet. I agree that I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go top 10 but he checks a lot of boxes. We’d have to give up a ton to go get him around 15 if he falls that far?
[Reply]
Toad 02:07 PM 12-23-2022
What would we be able to get for OBJ realistically in a tag and trade? 3rd? Maybe 2nd?
[Reply]
kcbubb 02:23 PM 12-23-2022
Originally Posted by Toad:
What would we be able to get for OBJ realistically in a tag and trade? 3rd? Maybe 2nd?
I don’t know. Maybe early third?
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 02:10 PM 12-24-2022
Can we trade up for a promising LT and sign a solid RT? Watching Wylie and OBJ is just so depressing.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:50 PM 12-29-2022
What about Anton Harrison? Seems like he might land at the back of the 1st round.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:34 PM 12-29-2022
I am infinitely more worried about RT than I am LT.

If we pay a shit ton to OBJ and sign him long term, I'll feel differently, but for now I can't believe we still trot Wylie out there each week.
[Reply]
VAChief 11:58 AM 01-01-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yup.

We can get by with mediocre OR expensive. We can't get by with both.

We can pay a premium for a premier LT. But OBJ has played his way off that list. He opened the door with several weeks of plus play, then fell on his damn face again.

And frankly I just get the feeling this is going to be par for the course for him. He's just not a natural fit for this system. That doesn't mean he can't go 4-6 weeks playing extremely well in it, but the stars have to align and they ain't gonna do that for 17 weeks. He'll get dinged or mechanically out of sorts. Or the weather will be bad. Or the matchup.

There are going to be games, probably 1/3 to 1/2 of them any given year, where he's passable at best. That's just the reality when you're asking a guy to run a system he's not well suited to run.

And I just don't think you can lock yourself into that for big money. It's fine if he's cheap; you can make that work. It's not fine when he's even making the money he's making now, let alone asking for more.
Looks like his idiot agent might have done us a huge favor.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:32 PM 01-01-2023
I really want to flip a #2 and a mid-tier LT contract for Nijman and get on with our lives. I think that's going to be more than the Packers can absorb.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up