ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>LT situation
O.city 03:11 PM 12-06-2022
Would you trade a 1 and a 2nd to the Browns for Wills and sign him to an extension to fix the LT spot?
[Reply]
Chargem 03:13 PM 12-06-2022
No
[Reply]
O.city 03:21 PM 12-06-2022
I don't think I would either, but I just don't knwo that the hell they're gonna do at LT.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:39 PM 12-06-2022
No.

Why would I trade that and then also have to pay the guy?

1) I could trade a 1 for Njiman on the RFA tag and pay him so I could save a draft pick
2) I could trade a 1 and 2 and get into the top 20 and draft my very own, shiny, new, LT that will spend 5 years on a rookie deal which allows me to fill in the rest of my roster with 25 million of cap space I wouldn't otherwise have.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:40 PM 12-06-2022
We all know that Brown is signing a new deal with us.
[Reply]
kccrow 03:42 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
We all know that Brown is signing a new deal with us.
I thought it was most probable until we witnessed how pissed off Mahomes was when Brown gave up the pressure on that last drive of the Bengals game.

If it happens again, I'm not so sure Mahomes is going to sign off on it. Your QB has to trust that LT and right now I just can't fathom Mahomes is all-in.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:48 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:
I thought it was most probable until we witnessed how pissed off Mahomes was when Brown gave up the pressure on that last drive of the Bengals game.

If it happens again, I'm not so sure Mahomes is going to sign off on it. Your QB has to trust that LT and right now I just can't fathom Mahomes is all-in.
I must have missed Mahomes getting pissed. I don't see him holding a grudge though unless that was the final straw and it had been building up for a while now.

I don't want Brown back...at any cost. He just doesn't fucking have it and I don't know what changed because he wasn't this bad last season.
[Reply]
DRM08 04:24 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by kccrow:

I don't know if he was mad at Orlando in particular. Maybe Patrick was mad at himself for misjudging the speed on the pass rusher. He almost got away from the guy, just a shoe-string tackle.

That being said, Orlando & Wiley are both in the bottom 15% of the league when it comes to protecting the QB on pass plays. At least Wiley is cheap. I would hope they can figure out a cheaper option than paying Orlando $20+ million per year for Bottom 15% performance at his position.
[Reply]
EPodolak 04:26 PM 12-06-2022
Lord I hope we upgrade LT. Pat has had a career's worth of pressure playing behind mediocre talent.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:29 PM 12-06-2022
Brown is mediocre. The thing is, we can make due with mediocre as long as we're not paying a premium. What we can't do is tie up a ton of money in mediocre. That's what's killed our D-line since 2020.

There are guys out there that can do a middle of the road job for less than Brown is demanding. Fuck that guy.
[Reply]
O.city 04:33 PM 12-06-2022
They went big game hunting with Trent Williams, drafted Fisher first overall and traded a first round pick for OBJ (somewhat).

Guys, they aren't gonna go with a "middle of the road" guy at LT. It's gonna be a big swing one way or another.

They aren't gonna sit and take the 3rd best LT on their board. It's either go way up and get one, pay OBJ or they're trading for someone else.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:38 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
They went big game hunting with Trent Williams, drafted Fisher first overall and traded a first round pick for OBJ (somewhat).

Guys, they aren't gonna go with a "middle of the road" guy at LT. It's gonna be a big swing one way or another.

They aren't gonna sit and take the 3rd best LT on their board. It's either go way up and get one, pay OBJ or they're trading for someone else.
Sure would be nice if at least one of Clark or OBJ would have fucking worked out. Instead we're standing around with our dicks in our hands at two of the most important positions outside of QB.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:25 PM 12-06-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:

Well, maybe so, but paying OBJ is nowhere near a 'big swing', it's a huge overpay for proven mediocrity, and I just seriously doubt that's what they want to do.

If you're going to have less than stellar LT play, there are cheaper ways to go about it.
[Reply]
Oxford 02:52 PM 12-16-2022
Bang for the buck. I hate to say it but watch Eric Fisher as he plays for Miami. If he is a serviceable OT, I'd resign him to try to at least upgrade the OT room. OBjr is not worth a long term contract, I'd franchise him and try to trade him for picks.

It's important that Lucas Niang plays this year to evaluate his recovery. Wylie is a valuable backup but having a higher floor there would hake a huge difference
[Reply]
ntexascardfan 06:36 PM 12-16-2022
I'm probably stupid, but it's hard for me to imagine us trading a first with the draft being hosted in KC.

If anything, I figure we will be aggressive and move up. This years LT class feels pretty thin, at least at the top.

Is this a year where we could trade up for a Paris Johnson Jr type? He feels like the best bet from a pass protecting LT.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 6
1 2345 > Last »
Up