ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Jones...keep or get a haul?
Chris Meck 07:38 AM 12-05-2022
I'm just going to put this here.

But I see a lot of parallels to the Hill situation. Unquestionably elite player surrounded by JAGs. Potential huge haul in draft capital as well as salary cap relief.

Jones plus whatever dudes isn't getting it done. We won't be drafting in position to properly re-stock LT or DE if we keep him, and we can't afford top of the market replacements.

Maybe we should move him. What kind of haul do you think we could get?
[Reply]
O.city 09:33 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I do like dre'mont as a lower cost rotational rusher.

He's plateaued a bit, but he has some real nice rush tools.
The Broncos Dre'Mont Jones? Man I think he's really ready to explode.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:33 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'd call up the Bucs and see if they need to move Vita Vea.
I just don’t see a scenario where they even think about moving Vea.
[Reply]
O.city 09:36 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I just don’t see a scenario where they even think about moving Vea.
They're 54 milion over the cap and don't have a QB.
[Reply]
O.city 09:38 AM 01-24-2023
If they really wanna move a guy though, Wirfs would be who I'd really want.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:40 AM 01-24-2023
They're 54 milion over the cap and don't have a QB.
And trading Vea gets them maybe $5 million in cap space.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:56 AM 01-24-2023
The Broncos Dre'Mont Jones? Man I think he's really ready to explode.
He's playing mostly 3-tech, no?

I've always seen him more as an under-tackle; 1-shade sort of guy. And yeah, I think in an even front you could get a little more out of him than the Broncos are getting with him as a 3-tech.

But I dunno - I thought he looked better as a rookie than he looked this year. After his rookie year I really thought he was going to be a stud and it just didn't happen for him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:58 AM 01-24-2023
Am I wrong in thinking that Saunders could play that DT spot next to Jones? Obviously contingent on him staying healthy and getting a new deal (which I think is likely).
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:04 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Am I wrong in thinking that Saunders could play that DT spot next to Jones? Obviously contingent on him staying healthy and getting a new deal (which I think is likely).
Don't hate it. But if you do that, you probably want to bring Williams back AND spend a 2nd day pick on another rotational DT.

I think there are options here.

But I think Crow is really talking about prioritizing DT as the highest ROI. Obviously the Sanders/Williams/Pick approach wouldn't be any kind of high priority option.
[Reply]
O.city 10:29 AM 01-24-2023
Saunders is meh. I mean, he's fine. But you can get another Saunders every year in FA or the draft.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:34 AM 01-24-2023
Originally Posted by DRM08:
KC has one of the highest paid DL's in the league and not sure they have much to show for it. Very little pressure applied to the likes of Brady, Allen, & Burrow through the years. We'll see if they can have a much better game this weekend. I think they're going to need a great defensive performance to win.
So you cut frank Clark. What you don't do is get rid of the best or 2nd best DT in the league.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:23 PM 01-24-2023
Saunders is meh. I mean, he's fine. But you can get another Saunders every year in FA or the draft.
Sure.

But this Saunders took 3+ seasons to become this version and that's not uncommon among 2nd day picks.

Retaining the original model while attempting to develop his replacement seems worthwhile.
[Reply]
O.city 01:32 PM 01-24-2023
How much you paying him?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:12 PM 01-24-2023
How much you paying him?
Ideally you get him on the 4-year VSB.

So he'd get in the $2.75 million range and only about half that would end up on the cap. Seems like an ideal candidate for it as I don't see his market exploding
[Reply]
O.city 08:58 AM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Ideally you get him on the 4-year VSB.

So he'd get in the $2.75 million range and only about half that would end up on the cap. Seems like an ideal candidate for it as I don't see his market exploding
You'll need DL help either way, so if he's cheap sure.

But they've just gotta get better up front. I know the sack numbers this year etc. But it's gotta get better.
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 01-25-2023
Another way to add would be a mid round pick to get a vet on another squad that they might wanna move.

I haven't looked around at all on that.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 10
« First < 45678 910 >
Up