ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Some prospects I love, and where I love them.
Direckshun 12:25 PM 11-18-2022
Just a rundown of some players I like. I'll use the OP as a collection of the posts I've made on them. (Strikethrough means they are returning to school.)

QB:
Cameron Ward, Washington State (4th)

RB:
Bijan Robinson, Texas (1st)
Jahmyr Gibbs, Alabama (2nd)
Devon Achane, Texas A&M (3rd)
Tank Bigsby, Auburn (3rd)
Zach Charbonnet, UCLA (3rd)
Kenny McIntosh, Georgia (4th)
Eric Gray, Oklahoma (4th)
Sean Tucker, Syracuse (5th)
Kendre Miller, TCU (6th)
Chase Brown, Illinois (7th)
Roschon Johnson, Texas (7th)
Zach Evans, Ole Miss (UDFA)

WR:
Jordan Addison, USC (1st)
Rashee Rice, SMU (1st)
Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee (2nd)
Nathaniel Dell, Jr. (2nd)
Xavier Hutchinson, Iowa State (2nd)
Jaxon Smith-Njigba, Ohio State (3rd)
Marvin Mims, Oklahoma (3rd)
Kayshon Boutte, LSU (3rd)
Josh Downs, North Carolina (5th)
Cedric Tillman, Tennessee (6th)

TE:
Luke Musgrave, Oregon State (1st)
Tucker Kraft, South Dakota State (2nd)
Dalton Kincaid, Utah (2nd)
Darnell Washington, Georgia (2nd)
Arik Gilbert, Georgia (4th)
Jaheim Bell, South Carolina (6th)
Cameron Latu, Alabama (7th)
Will Mallory, Miami (7th)

OT:
Broderick Jones, Georgia (1st)
Anton Harrison, Oklahoma (1st)
Darnell Wright, Tennessee (1st)
Peter Skoronski, Northwestern (2nd)
Jaelyn Duncan, Maryland (2nd)
Blake Freeland, BYU (2nd)
Dawand Jones, Ohio State (4th)

OG:
Cody Mauch, North Dakota State (4th)
Jarrett Patterson, Notre Dame (6th)
Nick Broeker, Ole Miss (6th)
Steve Avila, TCU (7th)

C:
Sedrick Van Pran, Georgia (5th)
Luke Wypler, Ohio State (6th)

DT:
Gervin Dexter, Florida (1st)
Bryan Bresee, Clemson (1st)
Keeanu Benton, Wisconsin (2nd)
Siaki Ika, Baylor (2nd)
Calijah Kancey, Pittsburgh (2nd)
Mazi Smith, Michigan (3rd)
Zacch Pickens, South Carolina (4th)
Byron Young, Alabama (6th)

DE:
Isaiah Foskey, Notre Dame (1st)
Andre Carter II, Army (1st)
Jared Verse, Florida State (1st)
Tyree Wilson, Texas Tech (1st)
BJ Ojulari, LSU (1st)
Derick Hall, Auburn (1st)
Felix Anudike-Uzomah, Kansas State (2nd)
Will McDonald IV, Iowa State (2nd)
Lukas Van Ness, Iowa (4th)
Isaiah McGuire, Missouri (4th)
Zach Harrison, Ohio State (5th)
Princely Umanmielen, Florida (7th)
Isaiah Land, Florida A&M (UDFA)

LB:
Henry To'o To'o, Alabama (3rd)
Mike Jones Jr., LSU (4th)
Ventrell Miller, Florida (6th)

CB:
Kyu Blu Kelly, Stanford (3rd)
Tiawan Mullen, Indiana (7th)

S:
Antonio Johnson, Texas A&M (1st)
Christopher Smith II, Georgia (2nd)
Brandon Joseph, Notre Dame (2nd)
Jordan Battle, Alabama (3rd)
J.L. Skinner, Boise State (3rd)
Sydney Brown, Illinois (4th)
Ji'Ayir Brown, Penn State (6th)
Trey Dean III, Florida (6th)
Tykee Smith, Georgia (7th)
Beejay Williamson, Louisiana Tech (UDFA)
[Reply]
kccrow 09:37 AM 01-17-2023
Palgani inspired me to spend even more time watching some tackles...

A couple of things.

1) I like Anton Harrison much more than I thought I did. I didn't watch him near enough during the season. He's not nasty and he's not powerful but he's really good at doing the one thing KC needs most. He reminds me quite a bit of Eric Fisher really.

2) I really, really like Luke Haggard from Indiana. He's getting zero buzz even as a day 2 guy but I think he should be. I don't know how he projects to RT but I'd like him even more on that side. That said, he looked really solid at LT. He's much like Matt Bergeron to me. Not as athletic as a guy like Harrison but doesn't make a huge number of mistakes. He's not off balance often and he gets out to his guy most often. He rarely played with any help in Indiana's offense. Haggard improved steadily throughout his career too, so I like that he might get even better. According to NFL Draft Buzz, he gave up 10 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and 3 sacks. I think that's pretty solid living on an island against a talented Big 10 slate. If he can play RT, I think I'd take him in the 2nd round.

3) When I watched Haggard, I also watched them play Illinois and came away thinking that Illinois RT Alex Palczewski is probably going to make a solid OG in the NFL. He should have some positional flexibility and played both sides of the line. I don't know if he'll be a starter but I wouldn't rule it out.

4) I thought Connor Galvin from Baylor was okay but I don't know if he'll hold up in the NFL at tackle and he might be too tall to play guard. He's an interesting prospect. There were times when he looked like a poor man's Blake Freeland and other times he just... wasn't. If he can swing over to RT, I think he could be at least a swing guy and developmental prospect. He's not a guy I think I'd take before day 3.
[Reply]
JPH83 04:15 PM 01-17-2023
The more I look at prospects the more I feel like DE is where we can get value at a position of need. I just don't see a great WR group and I'm not mad on the OTs. That said I don't know enough of the latter, so thanks for those kccrow.

I really, really was keen on another WR early but not from this lot. 3rd onwards looks like it'll have to do. First round DE, 2nd BPA from OT, DE and DT, is where I'm leaning.

Lots of good prospects at RB and TE.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:05 PM 01-20-2023
Missouri edge rusher Isaiah McGuire deserves a lot more love than he's getting in media circles right now. I think he's a really good prospect. Plays with a lot of power, has a good get-off, gets his hands into the offensive lineman straight off, and has some pretty solid bend and an outstanding rip move. He was pretty damned good in the SEC with 6 and 8 sacks and 14 tfl in back-to-back seasons, not to mention really good tackle production. I have him as a 2nd rounder, 3rd at the absolute latest.
[Reply]
kccrow 09:26 PM 01-20-2023
A guy that's developed into one of my favorite guys right now is DT Tyler Lacy out of Oklahoma State. Passionate, tireless, disruptive player. He's a bit light but he forces the issue. Really solid with his hands. I'd probably have him with a 2nd round grade but he was used too much at DE and the results weren't always as good as when he is inside. I think he'll need a bit of coaching and full-time work on the interior but a defender that can play on the other side of the line with an outstanding motor is usually going to be a solid player. I likes.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:13 PM 01-25-2023
DE Andre Carter II, Army

Ladies and gentleman, allow me to introduce you to the Chiefs first round pick. I've looked over about 20 players I think could be in the conversation for the Chiefs' pick at the bottom of the 1st round, but this is the guy in the pole position. He fits scheme, he fits team need, he fits the drafting history of the Chiefs front office. Andre Carter, right now, is likely to be the Chiefs' first round pick. (Of course, that will change as 100 things happen between now and draft day.)

Here's why: he is a Spags DE at 6'7" and 260 lbs. He possesses top notch length, and unlike Karlaftis, possesses an athletic profile that offers huge upside, making him a natural fit at the bendy RDE position. This is a guy who comes out of West Point, and as a result you can expect him to be maximally coachable for a genius like Joe Cullen. And with this team likely losing Frank Clark and (maybe) Carlos Dunlap, they're going to have a desperate need at DE (although I'd bring back Dunlap as a veteran leader). He possesses the motor of Karlaftis, and together they will form the highest motor, biggest angry-white-boy edge rush combo the league's seen since Howie Long and Bill Pickel. I have no idea if that's true, I was just looking up white passrusher combos, haha.

It probably goes without saying that a guy who played football at West Point is going to need a near-redshirt season as he learns how to play football. This isn't a readymade player like Karlaftis. But with Cullen's tutelage, I really like the guy's upside. I just don't know if I would spend a first on him, but I sure know the Chiefs would.
[Reply]
raybec 4 06:32 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
DE Andre Carter II, Army

Ladies and gentleman, allow me to introduce you to the Chiefs first round pick. I've looked over about 20 players I think could be in the conversation for the Chiefs' pick at the bottom of the 1st round, but this is the guy in the pole position. He fits scheme, he fits team need, he fits the drafting history of the Chiefs front office. Andre Carter, right now, is likely to be the Chiefs' first round pick. (Of course, that will change as 100 things happen between now and draft day.)

Here's why: he is a Spags DE at 6'7" and 260 lbs. He possesses top notch length, and unlike Karlaftis, possesses an athletic profile that offers huge upside, making him a natural fit at the bendy RDE position. This is a guy who comes out of West Point, and as a result you can expect him to be maximally coachable for a genius like Joe Cullen. And with this team likely losing Frank Clark and (maybe) Carlos Dunlap, they're going to have a desperate need at DE (although I'd bring back Dunlap as a veteran leader). He possesses the motor of Karlaftis, and together they will form the highest motor, biggest angry-white-boy edge rush combo the league's seen since Howie Long and Bill Pickel. I have no idea if that's true, I was just looking up white passrusher combos, haha.

It probably goes without saying that a guy who played football at West Point is going to need a near-redshirt season as he learns how to play football. This isn't a readymade player like Karlaftis. But with Cullen's tutelage, I really like the guy's upside. I just don't know if I would spend a first on him, but I sure know the Chiefs would.

So much for your all white guy fantasy.....racist.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:39 PM 01-25-2023
WR Jalin Hyatt, Tennessee

The Chiefs do draft for need, like every other team, and in particular they will draft to try to mitigate future needs. This is true especially in the 2nd round: the Chiefs drafted Skyy Moore and Jared Cook to prepare for the exits of JuJu Smith Schuster and Juan Thornhill. They drafted Nick Bolton to prepare for the exit of Anthony Hitchens (and Creed Humphrey). They drafted Willie Gay for Damien Wilson, and so on. It's not perfect but it is a pretty consistent pattern.

One of the team's departures in 2024 is likely to be Marques Valdez-Scantling, a long-speed deep threat. Hyatt offers the same skillset with true starter upside, rather than MVS's de facto starter upside. Hyatt is a spread WR, so again will need a Skyy Moore-style redshirt year, but he is a true deep threat with good deep route-running and enough wiggle to double back and work towards Mahomes on scramble drills. I don't think this is a one-dimensional guy that you put in manufactured situations, and he doesn't have Moore's or Toney's ability to create short-area separation.

But MVS showed that without Tyreek Hill, his long separation and great speed is enough for a minimum of 700 yards. Hyatt is a more dynamic downfield threat that can force safeties to respect him without silly drops or boneheaded plays. By year three, you could have a 1000 yard receiver here. The Chiefs have made 2nd round investments for that before.
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:39 PM 01-25-2023
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
So much for your all white guy fantasy.....racist.
owned
[Reply]
Direckshun 06:56 PM 01-25-2023
S Ji'Ayir Brown, Penn State

The Chiefs have had all kinds of alignments at safety over the course of the Spags years. With Tyrann Mathieu running things, the team seemed to have settled on a three safety rotation that features a true deep safety, a box safety, and a slot safety to plays some joker. Right now, however, Spags seems to be playing the safeties more interchangeably. Justin Reid is pretty good at everything, Juan Thornhill is solid in the slot, average deep and not very useful in the box. It's not clear to me where Jared Cook excels yet.

With Thornhill and Deon Bush departing in free agency, the team needs to body up at safety and it needs players who can excel in multiple roles. Ji'ayir Brown's best fit in Kansas City is the fact that he can be a jack of all trades. He is solid in every role, but not particularly great at anything. His work deep is good, his coverage is solid, his work in the box needs development. He's not particularly big, but is plenty athletic with outstanding ball skills. His rookie year, you can probably survive with him on the field, making him an attractive late round pick to plug in at that valuable 4th safety role. I don't know if he can grow beyond that.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:05 PM 01-25-2023
C Luke Wypler, Ohio State

As of right now, the Chiefs have zero depth -- zero -- at interior line under contract for 2023. It's not super hard to find cheap veteran players at those positions, but perhaps the Chiefs see the need to start home-growing some of their own interior line depth after the success they've shown with late rounders and UDFAs like Laurent Duvarney-Tardif, Zach Fulton, Austin Reiter, Andrew Wylie, Tre Smith and Nick Allegretti. Why not find another sturdy blocker with few amazing traits who can come in at a moment's notice and give you tough snaps when you're in a bind.

Wypler's built for that. He can give you a Wylie or an Allegretti season, where he comes in Week 2 and keeps the ship afloat at guard or center for a season and the playoffs. He makes smart line calls, he's athletic at the second level and a great fit for zone blocking. He is a deft pass protector, and competes really, really hard against even the best opponents he faces.

He's also just simply not a world beater. He's going to struggle to move gigantic defensive tackles, his arm length may push him to the very end of the draft, he's not special when he pulls. But he does everything you need him to well enough to keep the ship afloat. Nick Allegretti has showed the value of this for a football team, and I think Wypler will as well.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:12 PM 01-26-2023
Added RB Evan Hull, Northwestern to my list. The kid was like Christian McCaffrey Lite the past 2 seasons. I think he has a bright future in the NFL with his ability to catch the football.

Edit: Also added CB Darrell Luter, Jr., South Alabama. A name to watch at the Senior Bowl.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 09:08 PM 01-26-2023
How about a 14 year old high school freshman?

"Our baby boy won first place in his weight class tonight in Liberty Eylau!!! He squatted 450lbs., bench pressed 315lbs. and deadlifted 510lbs on his way to claiming gold with a 1275lb. total as a 14 year old Freshman!"

I know this kid's dad, and the boy has been bulldozing defenders all season in Texas. He is going to be an NFL lineman.

6’4 268 as a fucking 14 year old, and his dad is working him. 2026 5 Star recruit.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:05 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:

2) I really, really like Luke Haggard from Indiana. He's getting zero buzz even as a day 2 guy but I think he should be. I don't know how he projects to RT but I'd like him even more on that side. That said, he looked really solid at LT. He's much like Matt Bergeron to me. Not as athletic as a guy like Harrison but doesn't make a huge number of mistakes. He's not off balance often and he gets out to his guy most often. He rarely played with any help in Indiana's offense. Haggard improved steadily throughout his career too, so I like that he might get even better. According to NFL Draft Buzz, he gave up 10 QB hurries, 8 QB hits, and 3 sacks. I think that's pretty solid living on an island against a talented Big 10 slate. If he can play RT, I think I'd take him in the 2nd round.
I've seen Luke in a couple of drafts and started reading about him today. Projections seem pretty low on him though, where do you think he end up going in the draft?
[Reply]
kccrow 11:10 PM 01-28-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I've seen Luke in a couple of drafts and started reading about him today. Projections seem pretty low on him though, where do you think he end up going in the draft?
Hard to say. Any starting LT in the Big 10 or SEC is going to get a solid look from NFL scouts. Depends on how they view him. I think with his skills, I'm leaning more towards 4th round being his floor but you never know. I've seen alot projecting him in the 6th. Could be I'm a little too overzealous.

Edit: By the way.... if he is just that, a 6th round guy, then I see no harm in taking a guy that's constantly improved year-over-year and has alot of athleticism and fits a zone team well. Develop him and maybe you end up with something worthwhile. If you don't, well, it was a 6th rounder.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:03 AM 01-30-2023
What’s the scoop on Marvin Mims? He was a very good WR at OU. Just barely under 6 ft but runs a reported 4.37.

Could be intriguing for us
[Reply]
Page 8 of 16
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up