ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hey Toub, fix your shit!
loochy 01:50 PM 09-25-2022
Biennemy too.

Spags, you're ight this week
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:47 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Huh? You've been sarcastically defending Toub this whole time?
No. That post in particular was meant to be sarcastic in tone.

Here's my sober take on Toub. He's got the history and the pedigree to be considered one of the best if not the best ST coach in NFL history. Now does that mean i expect his unit to be perfect on every snap? Hell, no, that's not realistic. He's not even playing, last I checked. I expect them to be well-coached.

Now everyone this season is crying about how many mistakes his unit has made so far. And it's a list for sure.

Question: how many new guys are on his squad this year? How many rookies?

2nd question: on any other unit do we actually expect new guys and rookies to be perfect immediately? I mean, I know some CPers do, but that's because they're stupid. Skip that part. The answer is obviously, no, we don't. New guys and rookies always take some time to settle in. Some more than others. It's not a uniform, perfectly predictable situation.

Think about it: when Toub had a lot of vets on his crew they were pretty good, even without being the best athletes. Like in 2019 or 2020. When Dirty Dan was among the best STers on the team. Daniel Sorensen. Think about what it took to make Dirty Dan the best Special Teams player on any team.

This year all of Toub's veteran players have moved on, except Butker, Townsend, Winchester, and a couple others. And the returners we're using are Pacheco (R), Watson (FNG), McDuffie (R), Toney (FNG), Skyy (R), and Hardman, who's only doing cameos at this point.

In my 30+ years professional experience, whether it's in sports or anywhere else where a high level of execution is required in a small time frame and under a high amount of stress, new guys and rookies are the root of 90%+ mistakes initially. You can coach them as hard as you want, but until it's burned into their cortexes, there's going to be occasional brain farts. That's what's happening right now in 2022.

It's not Toub not doing his job. He's been doing it for nearly 20 years. He knows how to do his job at the highest level possible in the NFL. Under a multitude of circumstances with a variety of teams and cultures. Questioning his abilities and/or experience is just stupid at this point.

He's working with a whole new crew, with a lot of rookies and young guys. They're going to make mistakes. Some of CP even predicted all of this before the season started. Toub is sorting these guys out. It'll be fine before the playoffs start, which is actually pretty good all things considered.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:51 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) How embarrasing. Reid felt the need to come out and publicly take Moore off punt return duty.
Kind of saw it coming in the post game, when he was asked if the punt returner change was permanent and he didn't say his usual barbecue sauce better job better job shit and say that he's going to work through it.

I mean ****in A, for a coaching staff with such experience, and absolutely rabid defenders amongst the fanbase, it sure did take a long ****ing time to figure out that Skyy Moore with a punt incoming didn't know whether to shit or wind his watch.

It was absolutely glaring, and even when he didn't fumble it away, it was still an absolute shitshow.

Go out there on ST. Don't jump offside. Don't hit the kicker. Secure the change of possession and give the ball to Mahomes.

It's basic ****ing shit. Like how many times did you need to see this kid bend over backwards and **** his own face before you say hey this kid ain't it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:13 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
No. That post in particular was meant to be sarcastic in tone.

Here's my sober take on Toub. He's got the history and the pedigree to be considered one of the best if not the best ST coach in NFL history. Now does that mean i expect his unit to be perfect on every snap? Hell, no, that's not realistic. He's not even playing, last I checked. I expect them to be well-coached.

Now everyone this season is crying about how many mistakes his unit has made so far. And it's a list for sure.

Question: how many new guys are on his squad this year? How many rookies?

2nd question: on any other unit do we actually expect new guys and rookies to be perfect immediately? I mean, I know some CPers do, but that's because they're stupid. Skip that part. The answer is obviously, no, we don't. New guys and rookies always take some time to settle in. Some more than others. It's not a uniform, perfectly predictable situation.

Think about it: when Toub had a lot of vets on his crew they were pretty good, even without being the best athletes. Like in 2019 or 2020. When Dirty Dan was among the best STers on the team. Daniel Sorensen. Think about what it took to make Dirty Dan the best Special Teams player on any team.

This year all of Toub's veteran players have moved on, except Butker, Townsend, Winchester, and a couple others. And the returners we're using are Pacheco (R), Watson (FNG), McDuffie (R), Toney (FNG), Skyy (R), and Hardman, who's only doing cameos at this point.

In my 30+ years professional experience, whether it's in sports or anywhere else where a high level of execution is required in a small time frame and under a high amount of stress, new guys and rookies are the root of 90%+ mistakes initially. You can coach them as hard as you want, but until it's burned into their cortexes, there's going to be occasional brain farts. That's what's happening right now in 2022.

It's not Toub not doing his job. He's been doing it for nearly 20 years. He knows how to do his job at the highest level possible in the NFL. Under a multitude of circumstances with a variety of teams and cultures. Questioning his abilities and/or experience is just stupid at this point.

He's working with a whole new crew, with a lot of rookies and young guys. They're going to make mistakes. Some of CP even predicted all of this before the season started. Toub is sorting these guys out. It'll be fine before the playoffs start, which is actually pretty good all things considered.
Again. EVERY SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR EVER CONSTANTLY DEALS WITH ROSTER CHURN. CONSTANTLY. To use that as an excuse for the multitude of gaffes week in and week out is just fucking weak.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:16 PM 11-28-2022
Can you blame him? General FuckKnuckle over here was tanking his confidence trotting him out for punt return duties. I bet it did feel pretty fucking good to not be a huge detriment and actually build some trust with Mahomes for once.
Probably does feel good to not be a giant piece of shit for once, but I don't like the optics. Dude's been responsible for like 5 turnovers in limited action this season.

When you've got 0 TDs and 5 turnovers to your name, I don't want to see you jumping up and down celebrating an 8 yard catch.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:20 PM 11-28-2022
I mean, the smoking gun that he's fallen off badly should be that he was content to go into the season with Skyy Moore as the PR despite the fact he'd consistently flashed the traits that made him such a dumpster fire at returner in the first place. We saw Moore catching punts inches off the grass way back in preseason.

You don't think he was doing that same shit constantly during practice? Why Toub didn't a. Pivot and find someone else on the roster for the job when it should've been glaringly obvious Moore wasn't the man for the job or b. Went and told Veach to get someone before the season actually started and rosters were pretty much set is completely on him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:23 PM 11-28-2022
Again. EVERY SPECIAL TEAMS COORDINATOR EVER CONSTANTLY DEALS WITH ROSTER CHURN. CONSTANTLY. To use that as an excuse for the multitude of gaffes week in and week out is just fucking weak.
I don't recall saying otherwise. All I said was that there were a lot of new guys and that to expect new guys to perform as well as vets is stupid.

But did you see the STs last night? Would you take either of their ST coaches over Toub? How about run down a list of current NFL ST coaches and tell us who would be head and shoulders better?

How about count the number of Chiefs ST snaps that went well vs. the ones that broke down. I'll bet you that the ratio is lopsided in favor of positive plays.

In fact, outside of Butker getting hurt and having to bring in a safety and a couple guys off the street, the number of actual 'gaffes' by our ST unit is probably less than 4 or 5 plays. I'll even let you throw in the onsides kick, in spite of the fact that it was perfectly executed, and perfect offensive execution always beats perfect defense every single time. And since that kicker was less than 2 feet from the ball when it crossed the 10 yard limit, I think we can say that play was perfectly executed.

So go ahead and show me a 'multitude' of gaffes by our ST unit.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:28 PM 11-28-2022
Soren Petro going off on Toub.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:31 PM 11-28-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I don't recall saying otherwise. All I said was that there were a lot of new guys and that to expect new guys to perform as well as vets is stupid.

But did you see the STs last night? Would you take either of their ST coaches over Toub? How about run down a list of current NFL ST coaches and tell us who would be head and shoulders better?

How about count the number of Chiefs ST snaps that went well vs. the ones that broke down. I'll bet you that the ratio is lopsided in favor of positive plays.

In fact, outside of Butker getting hurt and having to bring in a safety and a couple guys off the street, the number of actual 'gaffes' by our ST unit is probably less than 4 or 5 plays. I'll even let you throw in the onsides kick, in spite of the fact that it was perfectly executed, and perfect offensive execution always beats perfect defense every single time. And since that kicker was less than 2 feet from the ball when it crossed the 10 yard limit, I think we can say that play was perfectly executed.

So go ahead and show me a 'multitude' of gaffes by our ST unit.
:-) The fact you spent an entire paragraph defending his unit getting depantsed on one of the easiest plays in football to defend tells me all I need to know.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:46 PM 11-28-2022
I'll concede that Toub is the best special teams coach to never be promoted.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:22 PM 11-28-2022
:-) The fact you spent an entire paragraph defending his unit getting depantsed on one of the easiest plays in football to defend tells me all I need to know.
Which play? And which 'paragraph'?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:38 PM 01-01-2023
Special Teams is still an unbelievable disaster.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:40 PM 01-01-2023
Not trying to be doom and gloom but our Special Teams is starting to give me 1995 vibes here.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:46 PM 01-01-2023
Maybe someone on Twitter more experienced than Colquitt will highlight what’s going wrong
[Reply]
HC_Chief 01:50 PM 01-01-2023
Bob Sutton 2.0
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:52 PM 01-01-2023
Toub has got to go
[Reply]
Page 8 of 14
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up