ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hey Toub, fix your shit!
loochy 01:50 PM 09-25-2022
Biennemy too.

Spags, you're ight this week
[Reply]
scho63 01:41 PM 11-13-2022
Our special teams suck except Townsend
[Reply]
carcosa 01:42 PM 11-13-2022
I really don't care what the special teams analytics say. Toub's guys fuck up way too often
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:47 PM 11-13-2022
The amount of unnecessary risks we take trying to advance the ball on special teams with the best QB to ever play the game waiting on the sideline is frustrating.

A ham sandwich should be able to coach our special teams with Patrick Mahomes as our QB.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:26 PM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The amount of unnecessary risks we take trying to advance the ball on special teams with the best QB to ever play the game waiting on the sideline is frustrating.

A ham sandwich should be able to coach our special teams with Patrick Mahomes as our QB.
It’s like he’s coaching special teams with Alex Smith at QB in 2013.
[Reply]
carcosa 02:27 PM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by KCUnited:

Toub has that middle manager ego, doing unnecessary stuff to make himself feel important. A ham sandwich would be an upgrade in that respect
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:18 PM 11-13-2022
Lol, you guys are so retarded.

GO CHIEFS
[Reply]
displacedinMN 03:19 PM 11-13-2022
sometimes Toub is a genius, sometimes a stooge.

Felt stooge like today
[Reply]
-King- 03:37 PM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, you guys are so retarded.

GO CHIEFS
Do you think our special teams has been good at all this season?
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:57 PM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
Do you think our special teams has been good at all this season?
I think they've had more good/okay moments than bad. But they've had more bad moments than I'd like. Shit happens. Again, in the Mahomes era kicking FGs and XPs are just window dressing in 90%+ of games. You girls were crying about a missed XP when we were up by 17. Who cares about one point?
At what point did that single point matter? Never mind that Butker drilled the other three.

Forest for the trees, children.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:01 PM 11-13-2022
I think they've had more good/okay moments than bad. But they've had more bad moments than I'd like. Shit happens. Again, in the Mahomes era kicking FGs and XPs are just window dressing in 90%+ of games. You girls were crying about a missed XP when we were up by 17. Who cares about one point?
At what point did that single point matter? Never mind that Butker drilled the other three.

I'm more concerned about the Special Teams turnover, the failure to recover an onsides kick, the decision to return a punt from the 3 yard-line, and Skyy Moore returning a kick return to the 8 yard line (the hyperfocus on Skyy being the Special Teams guy is also worth questioning at this point).

Butker's continued problems with XP's are a problem, but this was a bad, bad game in what's been a down year for Toub.
[Reply]
-King- 04:02 PM 11-13-2022

We're talking about just the special teams here. The fact that you have to bring how good Mahomes is at bailing out the special teams mistakes should tell you a lot.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:10 PM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I'm more concerned about the Special Teams turnover, the failure to recover an onsides kick, the decision to return a punt from the 3 yard-line, and Skyy Moore returning a kick return to the 8 yard line (the hyperfocus on Skyy being the Special Teams guy is also worth questioning at this point).

Butker's continued problems with XP's are a problem, but this was a bad, bad game in what's been a down year for Toub.
When's the last time you saw any team onsides kick to start a game? Go ahead, look it up, I'll wait.

It's not a thing. I'm not going to blame Toub or any of the ST players for not being prepared for something that doesn't happen, ever.

Besides, which, they got absolutely nothing out of it.

what? are you guys seriously thinking that's going to be a common occurrence for the rest of the season? please.

And Toub already said he was going to give Skyy more chances back there. I'd rather Skyy not run down a yard-line, sure, but considering the score and how easily we were moving the ball (and scoring), I wasn't even mildly upset by it, as long as he didn't fumble and he didn't actually lose yards in the process. Just didn't advance the ball at all.

I don't know which kick you're talking about with the return a punt from the 3-yard line. have to give me a bit more details before i can speak on that.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:24 PM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
We're talking about just the special teams here. The fact that you have to bring how good Mahomes is at bailing out the special teams mistakes should tell you a lot.
Well, a rookie who as a returner was a fail. Hardman also had issues in the past. The decision as to what player to keep was not on Toub.
Butker has always had an issue kicking PATs. He is currently still recovering from an injury. Toub did not sign Butker.
The onside kick worked because it was unexpected. Every time an ST play works it does not mean that the coach is at fault.
This team is very young. If we would have kept the same ole players the same people would be complaining because they were on the team.

Does the ST need improvement? Yes
Does the OL need improvement? Yes
Does the DL need improvement? Yes

Sometimes you all just look for things to complain about without giving it all context and reasonability.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 08:36 PM 11-13-2022
Not sure why people keep bending over backwards to defend him, he's a problem.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:47 PM 11-13-2022
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson:
Not sure why people keep bending over backwards to defend him, he's a problem.
Shrug.

ST haven't been good this year, but people have been bitching about Toub and the KC ST for what seems like the entirety of the Mahomes era. I agree it's a problem that Toub isn't coaching his guys to play situationally given who we have at QB, but he's proven in the past to be brilliant when KC had arguably the best special teams from like 2013-2017ish.

He's not a bad coach. He's a coordinator who coaches a unit that tends to see the most player turnover from year to year, and he's hitting a rough spot. He tried to get creative this year with Skyy Moore and it blew up in his face. Shit happens.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up