ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hey Toub, fix your shit!
loochy 01:50 PM 09-25-2022
Biennemy too.

Spags, you're ight this week
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:36 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
The Jaguars had 154 return yards today, we had 23. It was bad. I don't care about our return yards, but we can't give up 154.
Oh it still wasn’t good, but it wasn’t the complete trash heap dumpster fire that we had become accustomed to from our Special Teams this year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:38 PM 01-21-2023
Agnew is a top-5 returner. And it was obviously kind of slippery out there. 154 yards is too many, but not going to cry about it; kicking game was for the most part excellent.

Hope Butker's ankle is okay after today. Slippery fields are tough on ankles.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:40 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by You See Us:
Doesn’t toub ask Reid what he wants to do as far as kicking in or out of bounds?
Lol, Toub has 20+ years experience, so probably not. If Andy wants something specific in a situation, he probably goes over and tells him what he wants, otherwise, his asst. coaches appear to have a fair amount of leeway to make their own decisions. Think CEO>bunch of VPs.
[Reply]
mkp785 07:55 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Oh it still wasn’t good, but it wasn’t the complete trash heap dumpster fire that we had become a accustomed to from our Special Teams this year.
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, Toub has 20+ years experience, so probably not. If Andy wants something specific in a situation, he probably goes over and tells him what he wants, otherwise, his asst. coaches appear to have a fair amount of leeway to make their own decisions. Think CEO>bunch of VPs.
20 years? Maybe he's getting senile.

Toub has been terrible all year and today was God awful. I don't know what you guys think you saw. Just cause we won doesn't mean that special teams weren't an abject disaster today.....a disaster.

We're all happy that Butker finally decided to hit his XPs. Does nothing to change all the return yards we allowed and the decision by Toub to kick it in the 1st place. As has been pointed out, we almost gave up a bigger gain on that last kick.

Should've booted the ball out of bounds.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:59 PM 01-21-2023
The Chiefs need to replace Toub.

In this era of roster management around Mahomes’ contract, special teams is going to be full of rookies and inexperienced players every year.

If Toub can’t coach up an adequate special teams unit with those current roster dynamics… replace him.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:03 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
20 years? Maybe he's getting senile.

Toub has been terrible all year and today was God awful. I don't know what you guys think you saw. Just cause we won doesn't mean that special teams weren't an abject disaster today.....a disaster.

We're all happy that Butker finally decided to hit his XPs. Does nothing to change all the return yards we allowed and the decision by Toub to kick it in the 1st place. As has been pointed out, we almost gave up a bigger gain on that last kick.

Should've booted the ball out of bounds.
Hey, check how many times STs was actually on the field, and how many times they gave up a 'big gainer.' Divide for percentage. Then do it for the season, not just this game.

What do you see?

STs was fine overall. They could've done better, but let's also remember how many rooks are on our STs right now, and that this was their first NFL playoff game.

Besides, the really important bit is that Butker/Townsend have fixed their FG issues.

Wbf. Get a grip.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:06 PM 01-21-2023
I'm sure it has been said already but the Jags burned us in returns the last time we played them. WTF would you keep doing the same shit? Especially the last time we kicked to them. I hope for Toub's sake that Butker just didn't get enough leg on the kick but I have a strong hunch he was told to kick it short.
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:06 PM 01-21-2023
I don’t know what you can blame on Toub today. No special teams turnovers, no missed kicks. It’s not his fault we had a random line drive kickoff set up a big return, and then a second big return. One big return could really happen to any team in any game and we’re not overly prone to them.
[Reply]
treeguy27 08:06 PM 01-21-2023
Hey, check how many times STs was actually on the field, and how many times they gave up a 'big gainer.' Divide for percentage. Then do it for the season, not just this game.

What do you see?

STs was fine overall. They could've done better, but let's also remember how many rooks are on our STs right now, and that this was their first NFL playoff game.

Besides, the really important bit is that Butker/Townsend have fixed their FG issues.

Wbf. Get a grip.
When you know your squad is full of rookies with limited experience the coaches job is to put them in the best position to succeed. Asking them to cover a punt when they'd struggled to cover kicks all day is poor coaching. Punt the ball out of bounds.
[Reply]
petegz28 08:07 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Oh it still wasn’t good, but it wasn’t the complete trash heap dumpster fire that we had become a accustomed to from our Special Teams this year.
Mahomes says you can take that ankle talk and go have a wine cooler with the girls
[Reply]
petegz28 08:08 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I don’t know what you can blame on Toub today. No special teams turnovers, no missed kicks. It’s not his fault we had a random line drive kickoff set up a big return, and then a second big return. One big return could really happen to any team in any game and we’re not overly prone to them.
Intentionally kicking short multiple times to a guy who has burned and keeps burning you is stupid
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 08:10 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I'm sure it has been said already but the Jags burned us in returns the last time we played them. WTF would you keep doing the same shit? Especially the last time we kicked to them. I hope for Toub's sake that Butker just didn't get enough leg on the kick but I have a strong hunch he was told to kick it short.
Because Toub is arrogant. Like when he was asked about Moore's muffs, telling reporters that they weren't going to stop putting Moore back to field punt, only for him to muff another one.

And Toub still wanted to put Moore back there, and criticized Watson because all he can do is "catch" a punt.

It's time for him to move on.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
[Reply]
mkp785 08:11 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:

What do you see?

Wbf. Get a grip.
Raz, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is sarcasm.

It's literally his main job to make sure his guys cover the returns and we don't give up big returns. That's like his 1st responsibility. Like he can't control his kicker getting the yipes, but he can make sure his players are in their lanes and that the right decision is made where to kick the ball and when to kick it.
[Reply]
mkp785 08:15 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
The Chiefs need to replace Toub.

In this era of roster management around Mahomes’ contract, special teams is going to be full of rookies and inexperienced players every year.

If Toub can’t coach up an adequate special teams unit with those current roster dynamics… replace him.
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Because Toub is arrogant. Like when he was asked about Moore's muffs, telling reporters that they weren't going to stop putting Moore back to field punt, only for him to muff another one.

And Toub still wanted to put Moore back there, and criticized Watson because all he can do is "catch" a punt.

It's time for him to move on.

Sent from my moto g stylus 5G using Tapatalk
Andy won't do it. He's too loyal.

I'm sure we all remember the guy before Spags. Andy didn't fire him and kept him around until that epic collapse against Indy and then the heat was too much and he was forced to make the move.

Toub will be here next year-unfortunately. Maybe we'll get lucky and some college team will hire him as a head coach or EB finally gets a job and he takes Toub with him...
[Reply]
Eleazar 08:20 PM 01-21-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Raz, I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is sarcasm.

It's literally his main job to make sure his guys cover the returns and we don't give up big returns. That's like his 1st responsibility. Like he can't control his kicker getting the yipes, but he can make sure his players are in their lanes and that the right decision is made where to kick the ball and when to kick it.
First one, the kicker put them in a poor position. Of course the second one is a coverage failure by his unit, but those happen to every team sometimes, and we’re not overly prone to giving up huge returns. And like has been said, he’s one of the better return men out there.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up