ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 112 of 173
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162 > Last »
In Memoriam>Good news [Lonewolf Ed]
Lonewolf Ed 04:51 PM 01-24-2015
I thought I'd start a new thread for updates on my cancer treatments and whatever else is going on, since the bad news thread title is misleading now.

My last treatment went better than the previous two and my chest wound is still closed up, which is a good thing. My arm is getting slightly stronger and I hope to resume lifting dumbbells next week. I need to build up my strength again, because I am going back to Denmark in May and I am extremely pumped about that! I'd like to be able to schlepp my own checked bag and not have someone else lifting it for me.

It's going to be a fabulous trip, 6 weeks and a couple of days for me. My brother is going along as well as my friends Chipp and Rod. Chipp is staying close to 3 weeks and has not gone with me over there since 2006 so he is also very pumped to be going. It will be Rod's first trip and he will be there for 2 weeks. I will get to be a tour guide. Also, I am throwing a party in my favorite pub of all, the wonderful, ever-magnificent Irish House in Aalborg on May 7th. The owner and I are friends and he will give me a little discount. We'll have Irish stew and brews in the cellar and I hope to have around 25 family and friends there. I might bill it as the "Fu** Cancer Party." A few months back, I was not sure I'd ever be able to go over to Denmark again or if I'd even be alive, but the cancer hasn't gotten me yet. I'm doing a number on it, instead.

Some other cool things I plan to do when I am back in my ancestral lands include a wine tasting in a castle, touring another castle and the northernmost manor home in the country, and visiting Skagen, the top of Denmark, where you can stand on a little patch of beach and have one foot in one sea and one in another. They also have a brewpub up there I am wanting to check out. I will start and end my trip in Aalborg and spend 5 weeks in an apartment I rent that is very close to the beach. I can hardly wait for May 4th to roll around!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:49 PM 09-08-2016
Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed:
Thanks. The treatment hit me harder than usual, but in some different ways. Usually, my hands tingle and hurt so that I have to wave my arms around to get bloodflow going again. I had little tingling this time, but felt much weaker and tired. Nausea was a bit below normal. I slept ok until I wrapped myself up in the plastic tubing to my pump. So I had to turn on a flashlight and see which way to get unraveled. My appetite is good this morning and I have to take four pills. I feel a bit stronger, too. No cold juice, though. Back to the room temperature sodas, water, and juice.
I;m glad to hear it all. Mostly I'm glad that you're fighting like hell and kicking its ass. We love ya man, keep kicking all...
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:59 PM 09-08-2016
Thanks. The treatment hit me harder than usual, but in some different ways. Usually, my hands tingle and hurt so that I have to wave my arms around to get bloodflow going again. I had little tingling this time, but felt much weaker and tired. Nausea was a bit below normal. I slept ok until I wrapped myself up in the plastic tubing to my pump. So I had to turn on a flashlight and see which way to get unraveled. My appetite is good this morning and I have to take four pills. I feel a bit stronger, too. No cold juice, though. Back to the room temperature sodas, water, and juice.
All in all things are sounding positive, just keep doing what ya gotta do... this too shall pass
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:49 PM 09-08-2016
Sounds like a step up over the last outing, man. Just keep swinging!
[Reply]
patteeu 06:58 PM 09-08-2016
Keep truckin, Lonewolf Ed.
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 08:56 AM 09-10-2016
I got my chemo pump unhooked yesterday at noon, went to my first of two 30th class reunion events last night where we easily had over 70 show up and had a fabulous time. I am looking forward to the main event tonight, too. I was able to last until midnight and saw lots of damage around the house this morning, namely my big red bud tree got knocked over flat, driveway washed out, and lots of little limbs all over. I am pumped for tonight and tomorrow at noon, there is something... what is it... oh, yeah... CHIEFS game!!! I can't have a customary beer at kickoff to wish the team a great season, but I will next weekend instead. I will deal with storm damage in due time and at my own pace, but for now, it is down on my list of worries.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:58 AM 09-10-2016
I got my chemo pump unhooked yesterday at noon, went to my first of two 30th class reunion events last night where we easily had over 70 show up and had a fabulous time. I am looking forward to the main event tonight, too. I was able to last until midnight and saw lots of damage around the house this morning, namely my big red bud tree got knocked over flat, driveway washed out, and lots of little limbs all over. I am pumped for tonight and tomorrow at noon, there is something... what is it... oh, yeah... CHIEFS game!!! I can't have a customary beer at kickoff to wish the team a great season, but I will next weekend instead. I will deal with storm damage in due time and at my own pace, but for now, it is down on my list of worries.
You can always have an n/a beer and "simulate" the experience. :-)
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 09:02 AM 09-10-2016
Bleh! I have yet to find one that was any good.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:11 AM 09-10-2016
Bleh! I have yet to find one that was any good.
Busch is the only drinkable n/a.

Everything else is piss...
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:28 AM 09-10-2016
Awesome, man! w00t!
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 10:23 AM 09-10-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Busch is the only drinkable n/a.

Everything else is piss...
FYP
[Reply]
Rausch 10:26 AM 09-10-2016
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
FYP
At no point would I, of all people, ever recommend that someone shouldn't imbibe.

However, if they can't, due to medical reasons (and only upon that reasoning,) that piss is the best piss of the piss offered...
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 04:44 AM 09-21-2016
I did have a Samuel Adams Octoberfest at kickoff vs. Houston. The beer was great, the game, not so much.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 04:59 AM 09-21-2016
I did have a Samuel Adams Octoberfest at kickoff vs. Houston. The beer was great, the game, not so much.
I'm glad you were able to have a beer, Ed. I hope things are looking up are for you.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 05:00 AM 09-21-2016
What's on tap for this Sunday?
[Reply]
Lonewolf Ed 06:35 AM 09-21-2016
Since I won't have chemo until Monday, another Sam Adams!
[Reply]
Page 112 of 173
« First < 1262102108109110111112 113114115116122162 > Last »
Up