ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 130 of 171
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140 > Last »
Media Center>Must Watch Series
Buehler445 08:54 AM 04-26-2012
All this talk about series, how network TV Sucks, and how hard it is to find quality shows, and some excellent shows that fly under the radar, I need a comprehensive review of all the series I need to see.

For good entertainment, I would be willing to buy DVD sets. But I've recently picked up HBOGO by kiping it from my parents, and recently got Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Here is a listing of shows that I currently own or have seen all the episodes of. If it isn't on the list, just assume I haven't seen it.

Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows that I'm currently watching
Spoiler!

Here is a listing of shows on my list to watch (mostly due to this thread)
Spoiler!

I work a fuckton, so it is hard for me catch a series while it is on to get it on the DVR, but I recognize the entertainment value and am willing to go after the Must See shows. Accordingly, I'm not necessarily looking for anything that is still running. I'm up for watching stuff that has run its course.

So what say you, Planet? Which shows should I see?

UPDATED for the shows I've seen recently.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 04:07 AM 12-07-2022
I watched the Devil’s Hour just because the reviews were so universally positive.

Supernatural stuff isn’t my cup of tea and during the series there were definitely parts where I wanted to shut it off.

But it absolutely paid off. Really well done and unique.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:13 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by unlurking:
The English. Totally not what I was expecting from a Western.

Ready to have your mind blown?

In the intro of the finale

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:27 PM 12-07-2022
I think I’m going to give George and Tammy a shot. I really like Michael Shannon.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:53 PM 12-07-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
I think I’m going to give George and Tammy a shot. I really like Michael Shannon.

First Ep free for those without Showtime

[Reply]
Fish 12-08-2022, 02:32 AM
This message has been deleted by Fish.
unlurking 08:23 AM 12-08-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Spoiler!
Never even heard of him. I am definitely not one of the 6 Americans who bought his album. Will have to find that documentary!
[Reply]
Nickhead 07:25 PM 12-09-2022
Colin from Accounts, an Australian comedy:

this comedy is flat out fair dinkum :-)

the humour is fresh and subtle.

first three episodes in and i give it a 9/10
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:17 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I watched the Devil’s Hour just because the reviews were so universally positive.

Supernatural stuff isn’t my cup of tea and during the series there were definitely parts where I wanted to shut it off.

Yep, the ending was just amazing the way it tied it all together.
[Reply]
srvy 09:55 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon:
Just binged watched the entire season of the peripheral, holy crap. Hell of a show.
Yes I enjoyed that one also.
[Reply]
stumppy 10:31 PM 12-09-2022
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

Spoiler!
:-)
Love me some Rodriguez
[Reply]
stumppy 06:39 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Wednesday is surprisingly good. I was never a fan of the Addams Family. I was more Dark Shadows and Munsters fan. So I really didn't get some of the sub plots at first.

Seems Jenna Ortega nails the role. The Thing steals a lot of the show.

It is a little campy type kids school genre similar to Hogwarts themes.

The cinematography great, down to the makeup. It is directed by Tim Burton, which illustrates some of the tenor and the humor sublime.

Worth a watch...
I haven't watched it yet, but it appears to have reached about everywhere.:-)

⚡️A new Internet trend with the dance of the main character of the popular TV series "Wednesday", which broke the Netflix record in a week, has reached the Ukrainian military.#Hungary #Ukraine 🇭🇺❤️🇺🇦👇🏻https://t.co/JqKzRoFUVK pic.twitter.com/ZU6Afw0zfs

— Dénes Törteli 🇪🇺🇭🇺🇺🇦 (@DenesTorteli) December 10, 2022

[Reply]
BigRichard 11:10 AM 12-12-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

The only thing I didn't like is
Spoiler!

[Reply]
HemiEd 09:01 PM 12-12-2022
Not finding anything posted in this forum about the series "Billions" that I have been watching on Prime.

I highly recommend it, well done. I am half way through on season 3 of 6.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:41 PM 12-12-2022
I watched the first few seasons. It's pretty decent. The bondage/kink stuff was weird. But it was good enough to keep me engaged. I should probably go finish it up.
[Reply]
HemiEd 05:38 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I watched the first few seasons. It's pretty decent. The bondage/kink stuff was weird. But it was good enough to keep me engaged. I should probably go finish it up.
Yeah, that part is weird and the "Non Binary" Taylor had me scratching my head, but it is hard not to be intrigued by "it's character."
A million dollars is chump change to these people.

[Reply]
Buehler445 06:36 AM 12-13-2022
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
Yeah, that part is weird and the "Non Binary" Taylor had me scratching my head, but it is hard not to be intrigued by "it's character."
A million dollars is chump change to these people.

Yeah, when I quit, it had just started it's own fund and was still pretty compelling.

Given how many seasons it went after that it's hard for me to believe it didn't get pretty derivative given how far they went with each character in the first few seasons, but it's earned the right for me to get back to it.
[Reply]
Page 130 of 171
« First < 3080120126127128129130 131132133134140 > Last »
Up