ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Apparently this is a very good TE class
RunKC 10:11 AM 02-03-2023
Daniel Jeremiah has 6 TE’s on his top 50. I know it’s a luxury but Kelce isn’t getting any younger. Maybe if it was BPA?

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/daniel-jere...t-rankings-1-0
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:18 AM 02-03-2023
It is a surprisingly solid TE class.

With the needs this team has, and how amazing the GOAT is, the Chiefs should avoid 1st round TEs like the plague. No to Kincaid, no to Darnell Washington (unless he falls to the 2nd and the value is stupid), no to Michael Mayer on the 1st or 2nd days.

The thing I'm glad to see here is that Luke Musgrave comes in at 35. I've been sour on him but damn he's looked good at the Senior Bowl, looking more like the guy that I'm reading about from draft experts. If he fulfills his promise he's a 1st round pick, and again I just don't think we should touch that.

I do look forward to learning more about Sam LaPorta, though!

The #1 best thing that could happen is that all five of these guys get gobbled up in the 1st and 2nd rounds and keep pushing talent at other positions down the draft board.
[Reply]
O.city 10:20 AM 02-03-2023
Like the Tyreek situation, Kelce is a unicorn. Don't go chasing "the next Kelce".

If a guy you like is there, fine. But don't go out of your way.
[Reply]
JPH83 10:27 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
It is a surprisingly solid TE class.

With the needs this team has, and how amazing the GOAT is, the Chiefs should avoid 1st round TEs like the plague. No to Kincaid, no to Darnell Washington (unless he falls to the 2nd and the value is stupid), no to Michael Mayer on the 1st or 2nd days.

The thing I'm glad to see here is that Luke Musgrave comes in at 35. I've been sour on him but damn he's looked good at the Senior Bowl, looking more like the guy that I'm reading about from draft experts. If he fulfills his promise he's a 1st round pick, and again I just don't think we should touch that.

I do look forward to learning more about Sam LaPorta, though!

The #1 best thing that could happen is that all five of these guys get gobbled up in the 1st and 2nd rounds and keep pushing talent at other positions down the draft board.
I liked Musgrave as a bit of a sleeper, but if he's moving up boards maybe nah. I think he's more of a straight-line guy then others are suggesting and there's not loads of production, it's an athletic projection but the tools are intriguing. Definitely wouldn't touch him in the 1st or 2nd given our needs. Realistically I was thinking more the 4th but it sounds like that's a pipe dream now
[Reply]
Cosmos 10:41 AM 02-03-2023
With the mismatches and success Reid schemes with 2/3 tight end sets..the length of time it typically takes for rookie WR/TE’s to learn the book…and the mileage Kelce has…and that Gray I don’t see as a #1…and finally the inability of Fortson to keep off the IR.

We need to invest in a high end cost controlled TE project for the next 5 years.

I couldn’t get upset with a second day pick at the position.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 02-03-2023
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
no to Michael Mayer on the 1st or 2nd days.
What the actual fuck? I know you post some stupid shit from time to time...but come on man.

Mayer is an EASY first round pick and he's worth it.
[Reply]
Shoes 11:06 AM 02-03-2023
Very interesting tight end class- it's been concerning though for NFL teams that essentially every 1st rounder taken over the past several years hasn't been worth the draft capital. Hockenson? Great tight end but not worth a top 10 pick and was just traded. Pitts perhaps the most athletic tight end isn't being utilized. Fant, Njoku, Hurst, Engram, the list goes on and on.

Musgrave to me looks like Gesicki 2.0. LaPorta is a very interesting prospect to me because he was such a bright spot on a piss poor offense at Iowa. I really think he is just scratching the surface on what he is capable of. His run blocking is an issue right now but I think that's the most teachable. I think while Kelce is still around there is great value in trying to find the right guy to learn from Kelce. Noah Gray hasn't been bad per say but I love the idea of drafting tight ends on day 2 and see if we can develop the next great one.
[Reply]
O.city 11:24 AM 02-03-2023
Irv Smith would be a nice TE FA addition.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:42 AM 02-03-2023
There are going to be some really awesome values at TE in the 3rd to 5th this year.

Josh Whyle, Cincinnati
Payne Durham, Purdue
Ben Sims, Baylor
Luke Schoonmaker, Michigan
Cameron Latu, Alabama
Will Mallory, Miami
Davis Allen, Clemson

I think there is some value there.

Personally, I really want Whyle followed by Durham. I'd be happy with the others above. I'm probably most down on Mallory of that group because of his hands but maybe he develops there.
[Reply]
Up