ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>LT situation
O.city 03:11 PM 12-06-2022
Would you trade a 1 and a 2nd to the Browns for Wills and sign him to an extension to fix the LT spot?
[Reply]
mkp785 09:23 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Guys....I think we need to move on from the LT talk. They'll at the very least tag OBJ.

Go to the draft and if a guy they like falls or something, take him. Worst case scenario you take a guy like Duncan in the first and play him at RT for a year.

But OBJ is here next year. I personally figure he ends up signing a long term deal here this offseason anyway, but the tag makes some sense.
Solid point that has nothing to do with the emotion of winning this week, I'm sure.

Since you can see the future, how much does he sign for and are we keeping Jones as well? I ask because the combination of the 2 will be significant even if we dump JJSS.
[Reply]
O.city 10:06 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Solid point that has nothing to do with the emotion of winning this week, I'm sure.

Since you can see the future, how much does he sign for and are we keeping Jones as well? I ask because the combination of the 2 will be significant even if we dump JJSS.
I've said they'd sign him to a LTD all season. This week really didn't change much for me.

They'll sign Jones too.

They'll save money by signing both to open space this year.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:26 AM 02-01-2023
OT Anton Harrison starting to feel like the most likely pick IMO
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM 02-01-2023
If one of the T's is there, even if you've signed OBJ I think you take him. Let them play RT.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:27 AM 02-01-2023
If one of the T's is there, even if you've signed OBJ I think you take him. Let them play RT.
Has to be someone who can handle RT if that's the route you go. Anton Harrison probably is not that.

Bergeron? Duncan? Broderick Jones? Those are the names you're thinking about in the 1st now. Maybe the BYU kid.
[Reply]
O.city 11:29 AM 02-01-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Has to be someone who can handle RT if that's the route you go. Anton Harrison probably is not that.

Bergeron? Duncan? Broderick Jones? Those are the names you're thinking about in the 1st now. Maybe the BYU kid.
Handle from a size perspective?

I'm more of the thought process now of give me a great pass blocker and a so so run blocker and I'll deal with it.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:55 AM 02-01-2023
Handle from a size perspective?

I'm more of the thought process now of give me a great pass blocker and a so so run blocker and I'll deal with it.
From a physicality perspective.

LE is not as "Pure" a power rusher position as it once was, but you're typically getting a team's more bull-rushy guy at that spot, still.

Those are not going to be the best matchups for Harrison, especially early.
[Reply]
Palangi 11:36 PM 02-03-2023
Interesting photo. Last week practice picture number 10 is the second team offensive line. Niang is at LT and Kinnard at RT.

Would be interesting to see that combo possibly next year

https://www.chiefs.com/photos/photos...5-1bd6ec7fd4ba
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:22 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
OT Anton Harrison starting to feel like the most likely pick IMO
I'd be happy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:24 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

I've seen a lot of those guys in the 2nd and 3rd. Which, if true, would be fantastic, as we could go DE in the first, and RT in the 2nd.
[Reply]
spanky 52 08:59 AM 02-04-2023
I may be way off base here but I think they go DL in the first and pick a developmental tackle or two starting in the 4th round. I'm thinking of players like Haggard of IN and Steen of AL. If they take a tackle in the first it will be a reach.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:07 AM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by spanky 52:
I may be way off base here but I think they go DL in the first and pick a developmental tackle or two starting in the 4th round. I'm thinking of players like Haggard of IN and Steen of AL. If they take a tackle in the first it will be a reach.
Nah, there are a couple that wouldn't be a reach. You could argue it's not wise and that's a reasonable argument.

But you might be right.
[Reply]
JPH83 02:16 PM 02-04-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I've seen a lot of those guys in the 2nd and 3rd. Which, if true, would be fantastic, as we could go DE in the first, and RT in the 2nd.
I agree, that's probably ideal. If we can then swing for WR R3 I'd be happy. WRs look weak for standouts but some depth of players with potential imo.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up