ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 44 of 48
« First < 344041424344 45464748 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs AFC Championship Game Tailgate Thread
007 04:02 PM 01-13-2019
Post your tailgate here.

We will be at the F24 crosswalk as usual. Would love to see some drop ins.

There is going to be pulled pork, chicken, burnt ends, three slabs of ribs, and most likely burgers and brats. Not to mention any sides people bring. Sides are probably the only real need left at this point.

We are good on donations at this point. It will help with the food and some extra beer. There can never be enough of that right? :-)

I have to say, this place is full of so many great people. I can't wait to meet the new faces and see some old friends.

[Reply]
Coogs 08:59 PM 01-21-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Damn, sorry I missed you.
Likewise! :-)
[Reply]
007 04:05 AM 01-22-2019
Reposting the video as an embed

[Reply]
Monty 09:14 AM 01-22-2019
The tailgate was epic IMO! Thanks for all the positive comments and we're looking to do this thing again next year. It was great to meet so many of you for the first time, and just as important, hanging out with the CPers drinking that hot apple pie and enjoying some great BBQ. Stevieray did a great job as the guest DJ, so need to make that a thing going forward.

It was great to see the folks from Topeka, Springfield, Iola, etc. all work together to make this happen. Sure we lost, but it wasn't due to our efforts. :-)

Oh, and I can't freakin' believe this, but I found a Thermos in the bed of my truck. :-) My wife saw it and said there's no way in hell that we're mailing that back to Clay!!
[Reply]
Monty 09:15 AM 01-22-2019
Oh, forget to mention the BBQ beans that Mr. and Mrs. Dartgod brought. Soooo good!!!
[Reply]
Monty 09:16 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Many thanks to 007, Monty and the rest of the crew who set this thing up. I haven't seen so many Planeteers at a tailgate party since the B5 days. It was great seeing all the new faces along with all the old familiar ones. The only thing missing was a celebration toast for earning a SB berth.
No, thank you! The celebration toast will just have to wait until the NFL decides that we are worthy of a SB berth. :-)
[Reply]
Monty 09:17 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Thanks Monty, luv, 007, and everyone who set up the tailgating... had a great time and loved seeing everyone again.

Despite the outcome, it was totally worth the trip!
It was great to see you again. "thumb"
[Reply]
Monty 09:24 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Monty is a good dude.
Check is in the mail my friend. :-)
[Reply]
loochy 09:36 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Cool as hell meeting htismaqe. I sat with him during the game. We had a frickin' blast. He's as nuts as you think.

He also revealed the ancient mystery behind his crpytic username.

I am sworn to secrecy though.

He also revealed he was the first prick mod to ever ban me here.
Heh, you guys were two seats in front of me. I yelled at thismasque during the game and he just looked at me like I was an idiot..because I was a yelling drunk idiot.
[Reply]
Monty 09:39 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:
Heh, you guys were two seats in front of me. I yelled at thismasque during the game and he just looked at me like I was an idiot..because I was a yelling drunk idiot.
:-)
[Reply]
loochy 09:47 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by Monty:
I didn't get to see you, Monty. Thanks for putting that together. Several times I asked "Who's Monty? Where is he? I want to say thanks for this." The common response was "I don't know, he's over there somewhere" as they vaguely pointed in the direction of the tent.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:05 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by loochy:

You're cool as hell man. I was just messing with you.
[Reply]
O.city 10:07 AM 01-22-2019
I'm glad some of you got to meet me. You'll always remember that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 01-22-2019
Monty and 007 did a great job. The "tent city" was phenomenal. I can't remember everybody I met but Dartgod, Superturtle, Frazod, loochy, OTWP, it was off the hook.

I sat with Hammock Parties during the game and it changed my life. I don't think I'll ever be able to be negative about the Chiefs again, despite the loss. Hugging that dude, watching the tears, it was life-changing.

Special thanks to TwistedChief for making it all possible.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:09 AM 01-22-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm glad some of you got to meet me. You'll always remember that.
I hear I missed you by mere minutes. I was wanting to have you look at this tooth that's been bothering me...
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 01-22-2019
I would also be remiss if I didn't mention that I was so stoked to see the return of First Down Elvis. Seeing that guy at games is always a sensation. Love ya, Stevie.
[Reply]
Page 44 of 48
« First < 344041424344 45464748 >
Up