ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 45
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****OFFICIAL 2022 Border War Hoops and HATE Thread
Chiefspants 06:13 PM 12-07-2022
Alright y’all! We got a game this Saturday. The reigning National Champion Jayhawks are as self-righteous as ever and coming to Columbia, where the Tigers look like they could have their best coached team since the Obama administration. Self is still figuring out his rotations (to a painful degree), and in Columbia anything can happen.

This thread can also be used to talk football and how this rivalry is oh so dead, which is why a bowl game that is not happening has arguments spilling over into Mizzou threads, KU threads, college football threads, and twitter and facebook wars all over my feed.

Join me and let’s all talk about how this game doesn’t matter anymore and all angrily ask why I’m missing asterisks in the thread title.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:25 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Beaker football :-) most of you never even watched it for a decade
Buddy I worked KU catering and was assigned to cater the press box from 2015-2016. You don’t even know my struggle.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:32 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Well, KU did almost beat TCU despite numerous mistakes and a backup QB playing the entire second half. Do you think Missouri would do that?

I didn't say anything about wins/losses. But you haven't exactly set the bar high in that dept. Your current coach has a losing record at Missouri and you have two seasons above .500 (barely) in the last 8 years. We're not talking about surpassing Alabama here. :-)
That’s great, but do you really believe that TCU (the same program that just lost the Big 12 Title game to K-State) is on the same level as Georgia, the #1 team in college football and the defending National champions?

That’s the great thing about comparing Kansas football to Mizzou football. We don’t HAVE to set the bar very high. Your absolute suckitude over the last decade has taken care of that. Mizzou has been in the SEC 10 years now and has finished .500 or better six times. Know how many times Kansas has finished .500 or better over the last 10 years? (Hint: it rhymes with Nero). In fact, Kansas has won 3 games or less 9 of the last 11 seasons. Wanna know how many times that happened at Mizzou over the same time period with our underachieving coaches? (Hint: it also rhymes with Nero)

If I was Kansas, I wouldn’t worry about Alabama or even lowly Missouri at this point. Just try and be a better Power 5 program than say New Mexico State or Texas State. That’s more of the target you’re shooting for here.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:33 PM 12-10-2022
I did a marketing campaign for KU football in 2000 it's been nothing but pain other than 08 and this year

You do realize that Missouri was annihilated by Tennessee right?

Soon KU will be superior to Missouri in both sports. I wonder what Missouri fans will pivot to then.

in your heart, you just know it's wrestling.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:50 PM 12-10-2022
You do realize that Missouri was annihilated by Tennessee right?

Soon KU will be superior to Missouri in both sports. I wonder what Missouri fans will pivot to then.
Are they getting a new stadium? I heard they were.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:04 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
By the time KU gets good in football hell will have frozen over.
FYP
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:11 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Beaker football :-) most of you never even watched it for a decade
It was pretty brutal, but being better than that isn’t something to brag about.

KU basketball is the only program between the two that’s accomplished anything worth bragging about. Hell, KU’s the only school between the two that’s won a major bowl in our lifetimes. And football is your pride? :-)
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 01:34 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
That’s great, but do you really believe that TCU (the same program that just lost the Big 12 Title game to K-State) is on the same level as Georgia, the #1 team in college football and the defending National champions?

That’s the great thing about comparing Kansas football to Mizzou football. We don’t HAVE to set the bar very high. Your absolute suckitude over the last decade has taken care of that. Mizzou has been in the SEC 10 years now and has finished .500 or better six times. Know how many times Kansas has finished .500 or better over the last 10 years? (Hint: it rhymes with Nero). In fact, Kansas has won 3 games or less 9 of the last 11 seasons. Wanna know how many times that happened at Mizzou over the same time period with our underachieving coaches? (Hint: it also rhymes with Nero)

If I was Kansas, I wouldn’t worry about Alabama or even lowly Missouri at this point. Just try and be a better Power 5 program than say New Mexico State or Texas State. That’s more of the target you’re shooting for here.
Did you really just say that it feels great to have sucked less than KU football the last decade? I rest my case. :-)

If we’re ever in a position in which we’re saying “at least we’re better than Missouri in basketball,” those will be dark days.

KU b-ball is the only program between the two that is worth a damn. But at least KU football has generated some excitement and is clearly on the way up. How excited are Missouri fans these days?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:45 PM 12-10-2022
It was pretty brutal, but being better than that isn’t something to brag about.

KU basketball is the only program between the two that’s accomplished anything worth bragging about. Hell, KU’s the only school between the two that’s won a major bowl in our lifetimes. And football is your pride? :-)
What Mizzou fan is ‘bragging’ about Mizzou football? You and some of your fellow idiot beakers are the ones asserting you were equal to Mizzou (or were on the verge of surpassing Mizzou) because you had a .500 season for the first time in a decade. Let’s just ignore the previous 10 years of rock bottom suck. Or the fact that your monumental .500 season ended with you losing 6 of 7, mostly in blowout fashion.

Agreed on the KU basketball part. It’s why I’m genuinely shocked you all are only a 3.5 point favorite today. You would think the defending National Champs with your history and tradition would get more love from Vegas. Guess Vegas doesn’t like you guys for some reason.

And as far as your bought and paid for Orange Bowl, this has been discussed ad naseum on here. Mizzou was the better team on the field that year (as proven in the head to head matchup) and finished higher in the final rankings than Kansas despite your ‘best win ever’. It’s not Mizzou’s fault your slimy AD (Lew Perkins) arranged a back door deal to get you into that bowl over Mizzou. It is what it is.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:53 PM 12-10-2022
Did you really just say that it feels great to have sucked less than KU football the last decade? I rest my case. :-)

If we’re ever in a position in which we’re saying “at least we’re better than Missouri in basketball,” those will be dark days.

KU b-ball is the only program between the two that is worth a damn. But at least KU football has generated some excitement and is clearly on the way up. How excited are Missouri fans these days?
You’re the one who submitted KU as ‘the bar’. I was merely going off your post. I agree. If we ever get to the point where we’re using Kansas football as a basis for defining success in our football program, those will be dark days indeed.

And, BTW, your football program is NOT trending up. Maybe you were a little halfway into the season, but then you all remembered you were KU and promptly dropped 6 of your last 7, mostly in blowout fashion. By the end of the year, you looked like the same KU football program we’ve all come to know and love. The worst Power 5 program in America. But congrats on the bowl.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:59 PM 12-10-2022
mu is definitely a Wrasslin/Softball school. That's their bread and butter, that's their heritage.

They even host wrasslin matches at the goddamn softball field, :-) :-) :-)

Originally Posted by :
Missouri wrestling’s first dual of the 2022-23 season will be Sunday, Nov. 6, at Mizzou Softball Stadium, coach Brian Smith announced on Twitter earlier this week. The Tigers will host Lindenwood.

MU last wrestled at Mizzou Softball Stadium on Nov. 4, 2017, when it beat Illinois 20-17 in the season opener.

[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 02:20 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
What Mizzou fan is ‘bragging’ about Mizzou football? You and some of your fellow idiot beakers are the ones asserting you were equal to Mizzou (or were on the verge of surpassing Mizzou) because you had a .500 season for the first time in a decade. Let’s just ignore the previous 10 years of rock bottom suck. Or the fact that your monumental .500 season ended with you losing 6 of 7, mostly in blowout fashion.

Agreed on the KU basketball part. It’s why I’m genuinely shocked you all are only a 3.5 point favorite today. You would think the defending National Champs with your history and tradition would get more love from Vegas. Guess Vegas doesn’t like you guys for some reason.

And as far as your bought and paid for Orange Bowl, this has been discussed ad naseum on here. Mizzou was the better team on the field that year (as proven in the head to head matchup) and finished higher in the final rankings than Kansas despite your ‘best win ever’. It’s not Mizzou’s fault your slimy AD (Lew Perkins) arranged a back door deal to get you into that bowl over Mizzou. It is what it is.
Meh….Perkins just made up for his blunder of allowing the home game to be played at Arrowhead, making it essentially a Missouri home game. If that game were played in Lawrence, it’s a W. Regardless, that doesn’t explain why Missouri’s failed to win a major bowl in every other season.

I never said or implied that KU has “arrived,” so I’m not sure what you’re going on about. I predicted that they’ll be better than Missouri is currently. Again…not a high bar. You’re a program that will be perennially picked near the bottom of the conference. KU has a better coach, an uptick in recruiting, and facility upgrades coming.

And who cares about Vegas lines in an early season CBB game. They’re as clueless about Missouri’s true ability as anyone. They’ve played nobody but they’re undefeated, plus they’ll be energized and playing at home in front of a hostile crowd. So Vegas gave them some respect but not too much respect. It’s not like this is a vintage KU team anyway. At least not yet. But a lot of people are saying it’s easy money. We’ll see.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:21 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by Pablo:
mu is definitely a Wrasslin/Softball school. That's their bread and butter, that's their heritage.

They even host wrasslin matches at the goddamn softball field, :-) :-) :-)
Are you going to spatchcock a chicken for the game?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:39 PM 12-10-2022
Meh….Perkins just made up for his blunder of allowing the home game to be played at Arrowhead, making it essentially a Missouri home game. If that game were played in Lawrence, it’s a W. Regardless, that doesn’t explain why Missouri’s failed to win a major bowl in every other season.

I never said or implied that KU has “arrived,” so I’m not sure what you’re going on about. I predicted that they’ll be better than Missouri is currently. Again…not a high bar. You’re a program that will be perennially picked near the bottom of the conference. KU has a better coach, an uptick in recruiting, and facility upgrades coming.

And who cares about Vegas lines in an early season CBB game. They’re as clueless about Missouri’s true ability as anyone. They’ve played nobody but they’re undefeated, plus they’ll be energized and playing at home in front of a hostile crowd. So Vegas gave them some respect but not too much respect. It’s not like this is a vintage KU team anyway. At least not yet. But a lot of people are saying it’s easy money. We’ll see.
Lol. A Missouri home game? Just because it was in the state of Missouri? Were you at that game? I was. At best, it was a 50-50 split, but more likely 60-40 in favor of KU. Are you under the impression that the majority of KC supports Mizzou over KU? If so, interesting take. And, for the record, Mizzou has won major bowls in other seasons, just not in the modern era.

As far as the current state of your program, one .500 season for the first time in a decade (of which you lost 6 of the last 7) does not mean you will be better than MIssouri. In fact, I’ll go on record and say you won’t see a .500 season again for the next 3 years. Your 5 losses in a row to finish your season showed us what direction your program is trending. Better coach? Remains to be seen. An uptick in recruiting? Well, you couldn’t have been much worse so I guess I’ll concede that argument.

And it is easy money. Bet your life savings on it. You won’t be disappointed. Easiest cover ever.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:43 PM 12-10-2022
3.5 line. KU gonna win 100 to 80
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:53 PM 12-10-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
3.5 line. KU gonna win 100 to 80
I'd be pretty surprised if KU won myself. They haven't been great this year, weren't great in their true road games even last year and this event will be unlike anything any of them have ever dealt with (especially the young guys like Dick).
[Reply]
Page 12 of 45
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up