ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 71
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tyrann Mathieu: Chiefs fanbase “might be one of the most toxic in all of sports”
Jerm 06:26 PM 10-29-2021

Not a reputation you want to have with one of the most respected and vocal players in the league. https://t.co/4cqkrnxTUI

— Arrowhead Live (@ArrowheadLive) October 29, 2021

I’ll see you all in the fallout shelter…this thing is gonna blow….
[Reply]
jd1020 12:53 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I don't see how his agent would have been involved. He didn't give a statement. He was just answering questions.
Are you fucking serious? Look at the clip of his conference. He looks like hes reading a piece of paper down by his left hand.

How naive are you to think his agent wouldn't/didn't get to him and say you need to fix this?
[Reply]
ClevelandBronco 12:55 PM 10-30-2021
The professional sports industry is brilliant. They’ve named and marketed their product in a way that ensures brand-to-consumer identity and consumer-to-brand loyalty. They tell people exactly what segment of their product line they should be attracted to: KC this, Denver that. Cleveland the other. The loyalty goes so deep that consumers start talking like owners. “WE did that. WE should do this …”

It’s brilliant, that is, until some assembly line jamoke like HB has a few too many after work and starts shooting off his mouth telling the customers that they all suck and that the product doesn’t need their bullshit attitude. (Never mind that this year’s version of the product was assembled incorrectly. The previous three years of the product line have been stellar.)

The consumers have been fiercely loyal to the product and really hope the factory can get its shit back together, but now one of the workers refuses to return the consumers’ patience and loyalty. Now the consumers get pissed and want to order the worker off the factory floor. “WE should fire him. WE should at least send him to a factory in a different region.”

Your move, ownership and management.

It’s sometimes more interesting to watch the commercial dance than it is to consume the actual product.
[Reply]
notorious 12:56 PM 10-30-2021
Agent,"Tyrann, you need to apologize for attacking the fanbase".

Tyrann,"**** you, and **** them. Ungrateful bitches".

Agent,"This will cost you millions of dol..........."

Tyrann,"Roll the cameras."
[Reply]
GoForIt 12:57 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Dude, get off SM.
[Reply]
TLO 12:58 PM 10-30-2021
Apology denied. Your fight for Detroit leaves at 4pm. Enjoy.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 12:58 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
He spent a few minutes talking about his appreciation for the fans and community. He didn't have to address anyone or could have just sent a quote. Him taking bullets from the press is good enough for me. I think he's talked his way out of an extension, but I trust in hunt and Reid to get his head straight the rest of the way. Hope this lights a fire in the guy to care again. I don't want to dislike the guy. Of course I'd like to see him turn himself around.
His appreciation of the “toxic” fans?

Words have meanings, and toxic is a VERY strong negative word. To just act like “I’m having a disappointing season” is excuse enough for such a strong “attack” on a group of people is enough with out an actual apology is not only ridiculous but, reaffirms my belief that even what he did say is not sincere. Fuck him.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:02 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
yippp.

Tyrann needs to stay off Twitter and go take his frustrations out on the opposing teams.

That said, the Chiefs fanbase IS becoming toxic.
You are always going to have a segment of any fanbase that's toxic, no matter what. He went after all Chiefs fans for daring to be upset that one of the highest paid defenses in the league is historically bad.

A leader would have admitted that a lot of the criticism is deserved and work to improve. It's not like we have a Top 10 defense and are criticizing it because it's not Top 5 here.

Regardless, I appreciate what he did for this franchise, but he needs to either step up the rest of this year or be traded, because if they continue to play as poorly as they have been, it will only get worse.
[Reply]
oldman 01:03 PM 10-30-2021
OK, that's nice of him, but it still doesn't change the fact he chose to air dirty laundry all over the internet. By and large the fans here in KC have been pretty good to him and have only been critical of his play lately. Well pal, what do you expect when you shit on an entire fanbase for the actions of a few idiots that have no life?

As for Hitchens, there's no crying when you're a MLB. Do you think Dick Butkus cried? How about Contact? Hitchens couldn't hold their game-worn jocks. The closest he'll ever get to wearing a gold jacket is if they put up one of those cardboard cutouts at the HOF.
[Reply]
notorious 01:05 PM 10-30-2021
If he wants to see TRUE toxic, read CP during the Herm and Pioli era.

THAT was well-earned, toxic content.

This is nothing compared to that.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:08 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by oldman:
OK, that's nice of him, but it still doesn't change the fact he chose to air dirty laundry all over the internet. By and large the fans here in KC have been pretty good to him and have only been critical of his play lately. Well pal, what do you expect when you shit on an entire fanbase for the actions of a few idiots that have no life?

As for Hitchens, there's no crying when you're a MLB. Do you think Dick Butkus cried? How about Contact? Hitchens couldn't hold their game-worn jocks. The closest he'll ever get to wearing a gold jacket is if they put up one of those cardboard cutouts at the HOF.
This. Of all the players talking and getting pissy, Hitchens is the last one who should be doing it. He has been the captain of two of the worst defenses in this organization's history. At least with HB, Clark, and Jones, they have actually done something for this franchise. Hitchens never has. Like a previous poster asked, "Has Hitchens ever made an impactful play for this team"?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:08 PM 10-30-2021
thing is, the part of he and Hitchen's tweets that I found disturbing was the whole, we won a SB, and went to three straight AFC championships, blah, blah, blah and I've got more money than you'll ever have, blah, blah.

That tells me that what I have felt like I've been seeing is exactly, in fact, what I've been seeing. Entitled, spoiled, rich, and loafing.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:10 PM 10-30-2021
I spilled my toothpaste and tried to put it back in the tube. Didn’t work.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:10 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
thing is, the part of he and Hitchen's tweets that I found disturbing was the whole, we won a SB, and went to three straight AFC championships, blah, blah, blah and I've got more money than you'll ever have, blah, blah.

That tells me that what I have felt like I've been seeing is exactly, in fact, what I've been seeing. Entitled, spoiled, rich, and loafing.
What's worse is Hitchens taking any credit for 2018. Mahomes and the offense willed that awful defense to the AFCCG, only to watch them line up offsides and fail to make a stop when KC needed one the most.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 01:13 PM 10-30-2021
A grown man using the word "toxic" unironically is worse than shitting over an entire fanbase.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:15 PM 10-30-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
A grown man using the word "toxic" unironically is worse than shitting over an entire fanbase.
Whats wrong with the word toxic?
[Reply]
Page 34 of 71
« First < 243031323334 3536373844 > Last »
Up