ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Media Center>Anthem
keg in kc 02:50 PM 06-09-2018
BioWare's entry into the Destiny/Division market. Haven't seen anything since the short scripted demo video at last year's e3, until, finally, a long promo/q&a segment ending today's ea play event, and now the release date is official: 2/22/19

Should be a lot more info this week, it's clearly their focus this year. Will post more as I find it.

[Reply]
Skyy God 12:39 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Aspengc8:
The problem is the end game + loot. The rolls are god awful on masterwork and legendary gear. There was a quality post by one of the Diablo 3 devs, and pretty much offered a ton of great feedback on what to do with the loot issue and end game content. I really hope Bioware listens to him.
BioWare: Launcces buggy, repetitive loot shooter, forgets about the loot part.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:45 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
BioWare: Launcces buggy, repetitive loot shooter, forgets about the loot part.
Biggest complaint thus far is that it's not Mass Effect, Yes that's true and it's way less than buggy than even Destiny was for me. Destiny still crashes on me if i play it longer than a couple of hours. The beautiful open world and flying/combat mechanics are second to none. I'm happy it's not a new Mass Effect because I played those games and was pretty much finished within a week with maybe a 2nd playthrough at a later date. Still excited to see what they put out for content and hey compared to Destiny/Division it's free for at least the first year.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:43 PM 02-27-2019
It sure hasn't been buggy for me. At all.

'course I never found any bugs in Fallout 76 either, so maybe I just have a weird machine that always works no matter what.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 04:57 PM 02-27-2019
Haven't really paid that much attention, but I'm guessing that if this game had just come out of nowhere without any pre-amble, it would be fairly well received. But it didn't. They've been hyping this shit up and over-promising for quite some time.

Even as little as I have paid attention to this, I can tell that what people got is less than what was teased. Just watch some of the "gameplay trailers" and there is shit in those that isn't in the game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:17 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Haven't really paid that much attention, but I'm guessing that if this game had just come out of nowhere without any pre-amble, it would be fairly well received. But it didn't. They've been hyping this shit up and over-promising for quite some time.

Even as little as I have paid attention to this, I can tell that what people got is less than what was teased. Just watch some of the "gameplay trailers" and there is shit in those that isn't in the game.
Somewhat fair yes, I just don't think people understand what a loot shooter is. The most important part is the gameplay/fun factor. They hit a homerun in that area and with added content it's going to be something I look forward to playing a long time. Division 2 also looks great but the loot boxes won't go over well.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 05:20 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
It sure hasn't been buggy for me. At all.

'course I never found any bugs in Fallout 76 either, so maybe I just have a weird machine that always works no matter what.
Fallout 76 was pretty good at launch and after the nerfs hit and lack of any sort of grinding endgame it was kinda meh. I did like what I played from the start but making the high end items so hard to get coupled with nerfing the shit out of the explosive mechanics kind of ruined it. Of course they also banned me and all my friends for really stupid reason. I got banned for having too much ammo and making too many stimpacks. They should have just made it non closed servers and let people mod the shit out of it and enjoy their own servers. After getting banned for basically nothing me and my friends won't be buying another Bethesda game.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 07:35 PM 02-27-2019

[Reply]
keg in kc 07:39 PM 02-27-2019
I can't think of anything that Anthem 'teased' before launch that isn't in the game. It's exactly what they've said it was going to be from the day it was announced. What's going to be interesting to see is what they add in the next three months.

I'm finally done with the critical path after 6 days of doing nothing but playing Anthem. Still have side quests and contracts to finish, and only level 23 at this point.

I've played enough of these games to know - and importantly, for me, Anthem has enough story content - that there's no point in rushing to max level. I've enjoyed the ride, and aside from freeplay and the occasional stronghold, I've repeated exactly nothing so far.

Other people have other priorities so their experience has been different, and that's fine, but so far it's been great for me. Already in a week I feel more connected to this universe than I did in 4 years of Destiny.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 08:03 PM 02-27-2019
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I can't think of anything that Anthem 'teased' before launch that isn't in the game. It's exactly what they've said it was going to be from the day it was announced. What's going to be interesting to see is what they add in the next three months.

I'm finally done with the critical path after 6 days of doing nothing but playing Anthem. Still have side quests and contracts to finish, and only level 23 at this point.

I've played enough of these games to know - and importantly, for me, Anthem has enough story content - that there's no point in rushing to max level. I've enjoyed the ride, and aside from freeplay and the occasional stronghold, I've repeated exactly nothing so far.

Other people have other priorities so their experience has been different, and that's fine, but so far it's been great for me. Already in a week I feel more connected to this universe than I did in 4 years of Destiny.
Yup, I take these games slowly and enjoy all of it along the way also ditto with Destiny I just never felt great playing that game but Man Anthem is still keeping me coming back. Very excited to see what else these guys add to the game and why I really like games as a service.

[Reply]
Aspengc8 08:02 AM 02-28-2019
Loot fixes inbound. Should start rolling out today into tomrrow.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:46 PM 02-28-2019
Anthem's Loot System Is Receiving A Major Overhaul

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/02...Q6e5yrZZ6dk2Rs
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:35 PM 02-28-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Anthem's Loot System Is Receiving A Major Overhaul

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/02...Q6e5yrZZ6dk2Rs
It's already out they announced it then a few hours later the patch came out, Bioware doesn't screw around. :-)

[Reply]
keg in kc 06:59 PM 02-28-2019
I've played a lot of online games over the years. I've never seen a team communicate with their customers quite as much as this one does, in a genuine 'we're actually talking with you not just selling you shit' sense. And I've never seen patching like this. They did say recently that Frostbite paired with the way they built the game makes changing things easy, and it can often be done on the fly, without taking servers down. Guess that was true.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:09 PM 03-01-2019
I do like the fact the devs communicate by the hour with their consumers.

They REALLY need to fix quickplay it literally ONLY pulls up bugged missions and people keep leaving/rejoining the same games making it impossible to find a working quickplay mission.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:19 PM 03-01-2019
Yeah I'm not looking forward to that part of the Valor challenge.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 25
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up