ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix Daredevil
Deberg_1990 06:42 PM 02-04-2015

[Reply]
listopencil 07:29 PM 03-20-2016
Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet:
Just finished watching. What a great cast. What a great story. Kick ass weapons and fight scenes. I'll watch as many of these Netflix Marvel shows as they can crank out. I've always loved the street level heroes more than the demi-god blockbuster stars, and I like the format of the television series to tell a deeper story.

Netflix nailed it again.
I enjoyed the whole season. I wasn't really looking forward to a Punisher show at all until Jon Bernthal did his thing. If they don't it end up making a series out of the character I hope they at least weave him into the ones they are doing.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:36 PM 03-20-2016
Hoping for next season:

and

Also, they need to stop ruining what should be classic scenes:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Jamie 10:47 PM 03-20-2016
Spoiler!

[Reply]
listopencil 12:00 AM 03-21-2016
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Halfcan 09:58 AM 03-21-2016
Originally Posted by Barret:
If you are on the wall about seeing this, here is another long fight scene that is well choreographed.

This was the best fight scene of the whole season IMO.

Hopefully next season will have less of the whiny ass Foggy and the blonde chick that never sleeps or takes showers.

Looks like the Punisher is set up with the stuff from the shed to kick some ass.
[Reply]
cookster50 03:11 PM 03-21-2016
Foggy is awesome. Great one-liners.
[Reply]
frankotank 10:29 AM 03-22-2016
done.

great season.

one thing i could never stand about heroes is the idea that nobody recognized Clark Kent is Superman because he is wearing glasses.
Just like she didn't happen to notice....when she was up close and personal....he put his hand on her face and tenderly asks if she's OK.....and she somehow doesn't realize that it's Matt.

but man oh man. just a great season.

does anybody know if Daredevil...in the comics....does he ever stop this "I won't kill anyone" bullshit??
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:58 PM 03-22-2016
I have a sneaking idea that:
Spoiler!

and no DD never kills anybody but he has no problem crippling people.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:38 AM 03-23-2016
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rausch 04:41 AM 03-23-2016
WANT MOAR PUNISHER!
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:30 AM 03-23-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
WANT MOAR PUNISHER!
I'm only through Episode 5, but yeah. Bernthal did really well. During the first fight, I thought he needed to be a little more physically imposing. But man, scene at the cemetary where he talked about his daughter, that's insane. He just ate up that scene, chewed through it like a fucking piranha. I don't know how many actors are capable of what he did, but the number has to be small. That was some damned compelling television.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:49 PM 03-26-2016
Damn that was a good season.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:58 PM 03-26-2016
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm only through Episode 5, but yeah. Bernthal did really well. During the first fight, I thought he needed to be a little more physically imposing. But man, scene at the cemetary where he talked about his daughter, that's insane. He just ate up that scene, chewed through it like a ****ing piranha. I don't know how many actors are capable of what he did, but the number has to be small. That was some damned compelling television.
That scene actually choked me up a little bit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:27 PM 03-26-2016
Just finished the last episode. Man. Marvel is God.

The punisher character was awesome. I was talking to my buddy about it and he asked if the punisher was the villain. My answer was, "uhhhh ish". The series does a great job of not dancing around the vigilante thing. I mean sure Kingpin was bad. The hand was bad. But Daredevil, Electra Stick and Punisher aren't necessarily villains but it's tough to look at them as heroes with all the collateral damage.

The Punisher character was damn compelling. Kingpins development was interesting. Karen and foggy were kind of weak compared to the first season but there isn't a lot they can do with them. The police seargent was really good and they crammed a lot of plot points and emotional noted through his tiny character. That was really well done.

The blacksmith shit was kind of confusing. I presume it was the colonel, right? I will say all that shit was convoluted, but the episode where they killed Reyes was really damn impactful.

The hand was of weird. I still don't know wtf was going on with them. I'm not a comic book guy. I still don't know wtf a black sky is. Other than a weapon. I don't know htf Nobu is still alive or how those goofy ninja fuckers got brought back to life. I know it's a slow burn payoff but come on.

The only real problems is that a couple things were kind of sloppy. There were a few things that were bad film making. Like after the trial Matt and foggy go to the bathroom Matt locks the door. Foggy throws a fit and storms out without unlocking it. Also they made it a point to surround the building in the last episode with snipers. But the punisher got up there and smoked fools.

It's also kind of weird that he got his ass beat by Russians on the regular but he can take on trained ninjas like 10 times during the show and doesn't have any impact on his health even though he can't hear them. That's not all the armor.

Overall though good shit. Can't wait for another season.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:20 PM 03-26-2016
Resurrecting people is kind of the Hand's schtick. They are complete mooks though with only a few people that can go one on one with a hero.

Daredevil, Bullseye, Elektra, etc. should be able to go through a lot of them.

I think there were a lot of rewrites this season since they didn't get their Bullseye.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 20
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up