ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 30
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Media Center>The Curse of Oak Island
mr. tegu 01:31 PM 01-13-2014
Has anyone else started watching this show? I am a sucker for this kind of thing and so far it has been very interesting. You can watch the first two episodes in the link below. Since this was filmed over the summer, if any of you have figured out what happens please use spoilers for anything that hasn't aired yet.

http://www.history.com/shows/the-curse-of-oak-island

For those who aren't familiar, very briefly, it is about an island on the eastern shore of Canada that is rumored to have buried treasure from possibly the Knights Templar dating back to the 1300s. In 1795 an apparent secret hiding space was discovered in which levels of wooden planks were buried every 10 feet. Digging down around a hundred feet, they found some gold link chain and a few other things. Eventually they dug to a point that causes the hold to be flooded by sea water as if it was some sort of boobie trap, which is believed to come from some type of tube that is out in the ocean.

Another person in the 1970s dug alongside the original hole but also got his hole flooded by sea water. These guys now who are on the show purchased most of the island and are trying to solve the mystery with help from the guys who dug their own hole in the 1970s. The hole curse aspect is just kind of meh and I don't really pay attention to it, but I am sure the producers just like the added element it presents. The mystery and adventure is really interesting. It is nice to see a show like this that is actually producing some results so far.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:07 PM 02-09-2014
Pretty cool. Usually on these things nothing is ever found.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:53 PM 02-09-2014
A legit Spanish piece of eight, that would definitely be enough to keep me going were I either of those two.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:03 PM 02-09-2014
On their Facebook site it said they didn't know yet if they would have a second season. They better!
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:09 PM 02-09-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
On their Facebook site it said they didn't know yet if they would have a second season. They better!
What a waste of everyones time that watched it this year if they keep working but don't let History make another season.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:27 PM 02-09-2014
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It'll probably depend on history channel and what kind of numbers it pulls
[Reply]
Fish 08:43 AM 02-10-2014
Explanation for those who didn't watch?
[Reply]
hometeam 08:44 AM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
KCUnited 09:08 AM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
They found Pieces of 8 in the Styx.
[Reply]
BourbonMan 09:22 AM 02-10-2014
I hate the way they're dragging this out. They start investigating something and then they go and find something else. Oh, lets look at 10X...Wait, there is coconut fiber in the lagoon..Wait, there is a mysterious rock standing str8 up..Wait lets drain the swamp...The whole time abandoning what they had previously started...:-)
[Reply]
aturnis 10:30 AM 02-10-2014
Right now they are just looking for definitive proof that there is anything there at all. Partly b/c they need reasons to get permits, otherwise you're just letting any buffoon dog any hole for any reason. The proof also serves to justify expensive action. They could waste a lot of money on nothing but faith, they want to find a solid reason to justify the investment.
[Reply]
Fish 10:31 AM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by hometeam:
Spoiler!
Hmm. That's what I figured, and why I didn't bother watching.

Thanks.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:34 AM 02-10-2014
That's why these show are always interesting but never worth the time. They wrap you up in the mystery but never do anything more.

"Finding Bigfoot".. Right.
[Reply]
Fish 11:04 AM 02-10-2014
More like "Looking for Bigfoot".
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:05 PM 02-10-2014
That's Fish for ya, never met a mystery he couldn't easily dismiss.
[Reply]
Fish 12:21 PM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by scott free:
That's Fish for ya, never met a mystery he couldn't easily dismiss.
Yeah, things would be so much easier for me if I'd simply believe every bullshit claim people make without any evidence. I envy you. My stupid insistence of proof and validity is such a downer sometimes.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 30
« First < 289101112 1314151622 > Last »
Up