ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 94
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:27 PM 02-18-2014
This is turning into lost, in terms of having to take a microscope to every frame.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:32 PM 02-18-2014
I think the three way daughter is going to be in the crazy group
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:47 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by Bambi:
stolen from reedit

I suspect Hart's older daughter is probably going to become a victim at some point in the next 3 episodes, but it would still surprise me if he was involved based on what we've seen so far. Still, how do you explain that being there?
[Reply]
rocknrolla 01:48 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
He told Marty that he was wrapped up in a ditch.
Thanks, I gotta watch all of these again, and pay more attention.
[Reply]
SPATCH 02:03 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I suspect Hart's older daughter is probably going to become a victim at some point in the next 3 episodes, but it would still surprise me if he was involved based on what we've seen so far. Still, how do you explain that being there?
I saw some people saying that the older daughter has displayed classic behaviors associated with being sexually abused as a child (the explicit drawings, the toy sex scene, the sexual exploits as a teen).

One theory that I liked was that the grandfather may have been the one that abused her.

Maybe the grandfather has been involved in the ritualistic sex rites depicted by the girls' dolls? Maybe the little girl witnessed it, or worse, was somehow involved?
[Reply]
KcMizzou 09:33 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
I watched the first two episodes again tonight. And yeah, you do pick up on a lot more. (It's almost like a different show.)

I've read a lot of articles about it. (several that were linked here)

I wonder how different the experience will end up between those who have dug into it... and people who just casually watched the show.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 09:53 PM 02-18-2014
Why did Marty shoot the guy? A cop at his level has to understand how important an interview with him could be, emotional or not he is better than that.
[Reply]
KevB 10:15 PM 02-18-2014
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Why did Marty shoot the guy? A cop at his level has to understand how important an interview with him could be, emotional or not he is better than that.
It's a pattern of behavior with Marty
[Reply]
mcaj22 02:23 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
If you believe in the 5 men/yellow king theory then it's because they knew each other and it was to keep Rust in the dark
[Reply]
BigMeatballDave 07:04 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by ragedogg69:
Yep. My wife pointed that out. The only interesting character left on the Walking Dead.
Interesting?

You meant annoying, right.

Michonne is still the most interesting character.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:04 AM 02-19-2014
I didn't know there'd be all of this hidden fun. This is great.
[Reply]
Bambi 11:52 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
This is turning into lost, in terms of having to take a microscope to every frame.
LOST was a failure because it never was a story. It never had an ending. It was an interesting premise that got uber popular so the writers just kept patching crap together for 6 years until it just .....ended.

This is different. There is a beginning, a middle and an end. There are 8 episodes, no more...no less.

I think it's going to turn out great.
[Reply]
Bambi 11:54 AM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by rocknrolla:
I started over last night from episode 1. It's amazing how different you look at it. And it's awesome.

For example I never noticed that in the first frames you see the killer dragging the body to the tree before starting the fire. It's a close up shot. Part of me feels you could screen cap it, put it into photoshop and figure out who the killer is.

It's tempting to try, it's a very close shot.
[Reply]
SAUTO 12:48 PM 02-19-2014
what if marty is in on it and his "in" with the women is like when he gave the prostitute the money and told her to find something else to do
[Reply]
aturnis 04:15 PM 02-19-2014
Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth:
Not to mention, why is he presently showing up to 5 crime scenes over the course of the last month? Rust isn't part of it, IMO, and the theory of going back under deep cover because they know there are PD connections and high profile persons (State officials and people related to high powered people) involved makes a lot more sense.

Clearly, he's still on someone's radar, and pointing guilt towards him is another means to keep him from digging deeper. The detectives try turn Marty's opinion, but he, I believe, knows what Rust is up to, and even mentioned that if they already talked to Rust that Rust was the one sizing them up, not the 2 new detectives working the case now.

Rust's outlook is not his natural inclination about life, but simply a result of the tragedy of his daughter and what he's seen day in and day out. If he truly held such little hope for better, he would never have agreed to being setup numerous times with Maggie's friends, and looking to find purpose or happiness again somehow.

As to what's in his storage- I'd say sensitive material because he's still working the case.
All of this.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 94
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up