ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 94
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Media Center>HBO: True Detective
keg in kc 10:17 AM 09-09-2013
Hits in January.

Starring Matthew McConaughey & Woody Harrelson. :-)

[Reply]
Simply Red 08:58 PM 02-16-2014
meh
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:48 PM 02-16-2014
I am guessing that what is in Rust's locker is all the evidence he gathered from the school.

I am wondering if him and Marty having a fight was a ruse. Rust had to go deep in as it seems that the 'King in Yellow' has connections in the PD. Obviously, due to his experience as a deep cover NARCO he knows how to fall off the grid.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:55 PM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I am guessing that what is in Rust's locker is all the evidence he gathered from the school.

I am wondering if him and Marty having a fight was a ruse. Rust had to go deep in as it seems that the 'King in Yellow' has connections in the PD. Obviously, due to his experience as a deep cover NARCO he knows how to fall off the grid.
did you enjoy tonight's episode?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:06 PM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
did you enjoy tonight's episode?
It wasn't as good as last weeks but it was all set up for the third act. So, it depends on how good the last three episodes are.
[Reply]
SPATCH 10:20 PM 02-16-2014
Reality is being blurred now. I am backtracking and trying to pinpoint important truths.

Did everything pan out the way it was implied in the retrospectives?

Or are the new detectives onto something with Rust? Could it be possible that Rust was involved?

I think it is important to note that Marty killed LeDoux and was unprovoked by Rust. And that LeDoux didn't seem to know or recognize Rust (although, he claimed to have seen him in a dream. Could mean something?).

We'll probably see that Rust began digging a little bit too deep into the LA state police department following the 2002 interrogation.

Pinning this new homicide on Rust (and the other murders, subsequently) seems to be an effort to sweep things under the rug, you would think.

The new detectives are just foot soldiers/pawns. Maybe.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:42 PM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
It wasn't as good as last weeks but it was all set up for the third act. So, it depends on how good the last three episodes are.
excellent - how I see it. I really need to rewatch the others at least one time.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:13 PM 02-16-2014
There is just no way that Cohle is the Yellow King, right? It would be way too obvious - the guy speaking on how the fourth dimension views us and how if the human race had any integrity would just stop procreating? I think Marty is a little more off center than he is letting on. He agreed with the two black detectives a little too easily when they were trying to convince him that Rust is off his rocker...
[Reply]
SPATCH 11:31 PM 02-16-2014
Originally Posted by Bowser:
There is just no way that Cohle is the Yellow King, right? It would be way too obvious - the guy speaking on how the fourth dimension views us and how if the human race had any integrity would just stop procreating? I think Marty is a little more off center than he is letting on. He agreed with the two black detectives a little too easily when they were trying to convince him that Rust is off his rocker...
But the two detectives brought up a good point. How did Rust pick the drowning death of that girl in the flood out of thin air? That investigation lead them to Ledoux, who was coincidentally connected to the biker gang that Rust belonged to previously?

It made me question it, too.
[Reply]
SPATCH 11:49 PM 02-16-2014
Whoa whoa...

I was getting ready to go to bed when something hit me.

The "flat circle" thing.

Ledoux mentioned that time was a flat circle, and later Rust mentioned it in the interview with the new detectives.

What if Rust wasn't just recycling what LeDoux said? What if Rust and Ledoux were both disciples of a man who taught them that, although not at the same time? What if that man is pulling the strings and Rust is doing his dirty work?

The guy who committed the double murder in the pharmacy. He said he knew who Rust was. What if it was because Rust had been in those circles? Why did Rust fly off of the handle so hard?

I don't know.. I just wanted to get those thoughts out there before I went to bed.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:55 PM 02-16-2014
I'm kind've confused now, esp how this episode ended. It seems too obvious if Rust was involved, doesn't it?

Doesn't help he's even creepier looking in the interviews
[Reply]
SPATCH 12:07 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
I'm kind've confused now, esp how this episode ended. It seems too obvious if Rust was involved, doesn't it?

Doesn't help he's even creepier looking in the interviews
To me, the obvious route is that Rust rattled the cage when he started looking into the state police, and that now the state police are trying to frame him.

He was looking through records, he was suspicious of the inmate's suicide, he even explicitly mentioned his suspicion to Marty just before the suicide.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 12:23 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by the_spatula:
To me, the obvious route is that Rust rattled the cage when he started looking into the state police, and that now the state police are trying to frame him.

He was looking through records, he was suspicious of the inmate's suicide, he even explicitly mentioned his suspicion to Marty just before the suicide.
Yeah I have no clue what's going to happen. It seems to be going everywhere now. I'd like to think neither detective is involved ...cant wait for the next few eps
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:22 AM 02-17-2014
It's that relative of a politician that was glad handing Cohle and Hart back in '95.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:22 AM 02-17-2014
Their line of questioning in both interviews since the first episode suggested that Cohle was their main suspect now, so that reveal wasn't any kind of a surprise. But no, I don't think he was involved. I think he made the discovery that this went far deeper than he originally thought, became obsessed with solving it, and probably dropped off the grid again to do so. Can't be too certain about anything with this show, though. It's certainly made us question Cohle's credibility time and again (and you could probably say the same for Hart too).
[Reply]
Anyong Bluth 06:05 AM 02-17-2014
Originally Posted by the_spatula:

Not to mention, why is he presently showing up to 5 crime scenes over the course of the last month? Rust isn't part of it, IMO, and the theory of going back under deep cover because they know there are PD connections and high profile persons (State officials and people related to high powered people) involved makes a lot more sense.

Clearly, he's still on someone's radar, and pointing guilt towards him is another means to keep him from digging deeper. The detectives try turn Marty's opinion, but he, I believe, knows what Rust is up to, and even mentioned that if they already talked to Rust that Rust was the one sizing them up, not the 2 new detectives working the case now.

Rust's outlook is not his natural inclination about life, but simply a result of the tragedy of his daughter and what he's seen day in and day out. If he truly held such little hope for better, he would never have agreed to being setup numerous times with Maggie's friends, and looking to find purpose or happiness again somehow.

As to what's in his storage- I'd say sensitive material because he's still working the case.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 94
« First < 51112131415 161718192565 > Last »
Up