ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 38 of 44
« First < 283435363738 39404142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
-King- 06:43 PM 04-06-2017
McNabb averaged 2988 yards, 19 touchdowns on 59% completion per year when he was in Philly.

Yikes. I think I take back my agreement with bosschief that the Chiefs would have won the whole thing with McNabb.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:12 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by -King-:
So you're saying he will? So McNabb didn't run the same offense Smith does? They both average the same Y/A. Reid is a west coast coach all the way and nothing will change that.

The next QB will throw deep more than Smith (it would be virtually impossible not to) but the overall offense will stay the same. A lot of screens and passes designed for YAC.
Posted via Mobile Device
You're looking at a stat line to draw that kind of a conclusion? lol

Reid has changed his Offense up to suit the QB that he's starting. He did it when it was Kolb time and changed it again, when he had the time, to fit Vick. He changed it once again when he got to KC.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:22 PM 04-06-2017
McNabb averaged 2988 yards, 19 touchdowns on 59% completion per year when he was in Philly.

Yikes. I think I take back my agreement with bosschief that the Chiefs would have won the whole thing with McNabb.
Posted via Mobile Device
DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER THIS POINT AGAIN!?

Originally Posted by :
ANDY REID PASSING ATTACKS YEAR BY YEAR, THE LAST 14 FUCKING SEASONS.

B.A.S (before alex sucks)

Originally Posted by :
20th, 7th, 8th, 3rd, 10th, 6th, 10th, 9th, 9th, 13th.
A.A.S. (after alex sucks)

Originally Posted by :
23rd, 21st, 28th, 21st

[Reply]
Al Bundy 07:45 PM 04-06-2017
Smith is not as good as McNabb, end of story.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:32 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by splatbass:
Some of these guys live to be sniveling bitches all year long, to make sure we are all as miserable as they are.
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
Yup, it's really ridiculous to some of these dudes rooting for a losing season just to get a change at the QB. Those pussies don't even like the team, they just like being contrary bitches about everything and will be miserable cunts until they die.
If the Chiefs would simply cease 30-plus years of idiocy, we wouldn't even be having this endless debate.

The solution is THAT simple.

Stop.

Being.

Idiots.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 08:46 PM 04-06-2017
Mahomes reminds me a little of Aaron Rodgers who fell to #24 and took awhile to get his mechanics in order. Rodgers' ability to "flip" passes while off-balance has turned into a real strength, maybe it could for Mahomes too.

:-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04-06-2017, 09:12 PM
This message has been deleted by pugsnotdrugs19.
pugsnotdrugs19 09:12 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:
Mahomes reminds me a little of Aaron Rodgers who fell to #24 and took awhile to get his mechanics in order. Rodgers' ability to "flip" passes while off-balance has turned into a real strength, maybe it could for Mahomes too.

He has the highest ceiling of these QBs, without a doubt IMO.
[Reply]
Mr. Laz 09:26 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
He has the highest ceiling of these QBs, without a doubt IMO.
Chances are he'll go tits up but if he doesn't then he could be a real stud.

What i like about him best is his ability to throw the ball from multiple angles without needing a ton of power from his legs also his willingness to keep his eyes up and down the field.

Abilities that elite QB's can really use in the NFL.

But that can't be the norm, he also needs the ability to be consistent with the basics. Mahomes doesn't have that ability yet.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:50 PM 04-06-2017
And plus, tanking doesn't really exist in the NFL.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've said that for years. Front office guys and coaches aren't risking their jobs for the new regime that will inevitably take their place.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:52 PM 04-06-2017
Originally Posted by Mr. Laz:

Yes, yes he does. Want.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:03 AM 04-07-2017
Mahomes will be long gone guys. He has the most private visits of any QB. He's red hot.

Sucks but it is what it is. Kizer is our best shot
[Reply]
nychief 07:50 AM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Mahomes will be long gone guys. He has the most private visits of any QB. He's red hot.

Sucks but it is what it is. Kizer is our best shot

I don't think you can judge from pre draft visits... there is a lot of smoke and mirrors and due diligence going on. That being said, I'm sure we have someone we like of the bunch and we have the capital to trade up if we feel the need.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:12 AM 04-07-2017

Like Chiefs fans, some execs think Chiefs will draft Patrick Mahomes https://t.co/equ6gUvh3Q

— Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride) April 7, 2017

Out of 6 NFL executives polled this week on where they thought Mahomes would be picked, 4 said KC, 2 said Houston.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 08:30 AM 04-07-2017
Can't wait to see which organization is stupid enough to trade up or burn a first on Mahomes.
[Reply]
Coogs 08:44 AM 04-07-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Can't wait to see which organization is stupid enough to trade up or burn a first on Mahomes.
I'd be okay with it. I'd be okay with trading up a few spots and getting the guy we want, rather than settling for who is left. Weather that be Mahomes, Watson, Trubisky, or Kizer. Get the guy we want.
[Reply]
Page 38 of 44
« First < 283435363738 39404142 > Last »
Up