ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 44
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL Rumors: Mahomes, Watson atop KC's QB wish list
pugsnotdrugs19 11:15 PM 03-09-2017
From SportingNews.com:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...j17r8odsobcbca

Originally Posted by :
— The Chiefs, who have been linked to most quarterbacks during the 2017 NFL Draft process so far, are in no rush to find a quarterback savior. With Alex Smith slated to be the starter in 2017 but ideally not in 2018, the Chiefs are looking for a passer with the highest upside without needing him to play as a rookie — a dream scenario for a quarterback prospect.

— I believe Patrick Mahomes is the Chiefs' QB1 from what I’ve heard, but Deshaun Watson makes sense as well. They’ll need to trade up for both. If they stay at 27, the one quarterback whom they could shockingly have interest in is Davis Webb of California. They’ve also shown interest in Nathan Peterman and Brad Kaaya, but likely don’t value either as top-two rounders.
Now, the writer of this got all of his info in the article from speaking to FO people and scouts at the combine. You can question the validity, but the Chiefs did meet with all of the players mentioned at the combine.

If this report is accurate, the Chiefs could indeed be on the path to Patrick Mahomes or Deshaun Watson holding up their jersey in 7 weeks in Philadelphia.
[Reply]
Bowser 08:55 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Sandy Cheeks:
there will be a draft in 2018. there will be QBs available in that draft..

do I need to go on?
You mean QB's will be available in '18 to draft like they are in every other year?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:55 AM 04-05-2017
Tell him the rest. THEN, a top QB from 2018.
Nail in the coffin to my statement :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:56 AM 04-05-2017
there will be a draft in 2018. there will be QBs available in that draft..

do I need to go on?
And how are we drafting a Top 10 QB?
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:56 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Who's stressing? I just find opposing fans posing as Chief fans over an average QB to be really creepy.
oh quit trying to redirect the subject with silly shit..

your own words... stand behind them and just shut your admittedly ignorant mouth about other opinions... all of which you label ignorant, your own included.

Yeah... you're not stressing. :-) ... ****ing liar.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:57 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Trading away a 3rd round comp to get WR Corey Smith is a safer way to save money going into 2018. Corey is the ideal freak athlete for a Reid WCO. Dump Maclin if he's still in a funk. Trade him if he has a good year.
Let's get another good WR that Alex won't use bc he's scared. Great plan to double down on wasting a 3rd and 1st rd pick.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 08:58 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
And how are we drafting a Top 10 QB?
turn a pick into a future pick? trade up? Stay put in 2018 and select a QB in the 20's that would have been #1 overall in comparison to this 2017 slop?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:58 AM 04-05-2017
You morons say that stuff about ALL the QBs though. It's ALWAYS... NEXT YEAR BOYS!!!!! Except for those "HEY so and so in the 6th out of Buttfuck State may wet our whistle!"
Cheeks, you just pined for BOTH these things just MINUTES after I posted this :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:01 AM 04-05-2017
turn a pick into a future pick? trade up? Stay put in 2018 and select a QB in the 20's that would have been #1 overall in comparison to this 2017 slop?
So you want us to take Peterman.....in what....the 2nd round this year? And then he'll sit for a year....and magically we'll take another QB in the 1st next year.

Trade up for a QB? So our entire draft....great. And this Top 10 QB is going to be passed on by one of those high teams for what reason?

And if he falls? Then apparently he's better than any of the QBs this year....because it's next year?

Fuck off with your stupid bullshit. Keep waiting for that perfect scenario to happen.
[Reply]
jd1020 09:04 AM 04-05-2017
Wait til next year so the Chiefs can draft Dan Marino again. Oh wait.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:12 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Wait til next year so the Chiefs can draft Dan Marino again. Oh wait.
The Chiefs haven't drafted a 1st round QB ONCE since I've been a fan.

Since 1989 not one 1st round draft pick.

If they swing and miss this year I'll forgive them...
[Reply]
jd1020 09:16 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:

Missing the point. I'm simply saying fuck this next year is a better class bullshit.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:19 AM 04-05-2017

We got Blackledge in the "best QB class of all time"
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:25 AM 04-05-2017
BOTH of my posts are true. The board (NFL FANS IN GENERAL) knows zip about evaluating QBs and you 49ers butt nuggets just can't stomach Smith's replacement being drafted this year. You can't improve if you don't try.
If and when Smith's replacement IS drafted, I will hope with all my heart he is the next . . . whatever it is we need.

That's different than the hoi polloi screaming for someone, anyone.

And the thing is, Alex is deep enough in the DNA of the franchise that, if he must go at all costs, . . . we might as well start ALL THE WAY over. Dorsey, Reid, staff, high priced veterans.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:29 AM 04-05-2017
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Missing the point. I'm simply saying **** this next year is a better class bullshit.
Every year has at least one franchise QB.

I don't want excuses.

I want a front office that finds that guy...
[Reply]
Shag 09:29 AM 04-05-2017

1983, FYI.
[Reply]
Page 32 of 44
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up