ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Nzoner's Game Room>** 2023 Sporting Kansas City Thread **
|Zach| 08:38 PM 12-22-2022
Schedule has been released. The St. Louis team is now in the league and we play them 3 times. Lots of attacking power on this team with Agada, Russell, Salloi, and hopefully a healthy Pulido and Kinda.

Players In

M - Nemanja Radoja (10/26/22 - free transfer)
D - Graham Zusi (12/2/22 - free agent)
D - Andreu Fontas (12/2/22 - free agent)
M - Roger Espinoza (12/2/22 - free agent)
F - Stephen Afrifa (12/21/22 - draft)
D - Chris Rindov (12/21/22 - draft)

Players out

D - Nicolas Isimat-Mirin (11/15/22 - option declined)
D - Kaveh Rad (11/15/22 - option declined)

[Reply]
Hark Clunt 11:52 PM 10-29-2023
"STL is America's FIRST soccer capital"

[Reply]
|Zach| 02:49 AM 10-30-2023

THAT TRAITOR pic.twitter.com/EGFnyJCTcc

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) October 30, 2023

[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 06:28 AM 10-30-2023

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:55 AM 10-30-2023

More than happy to eat crow and say I’m fully back in Vermes army. I bend the knee and ask forgiveness. *knocks on wood* this is possibly the best form and the most healthy (if last nights roster was for rest and not a JFR lingering injury) we have been at this stage in a really long time. Last night was the most fun I’ve had watching a Sporting match and that includes being at the cold MLS final against SLC. Something about just shutting that crowd the **** up was so pleasing to me. Especially after listening to them act like they were suddenly the king of soccer in their inaugural season. Let’s finish it on Sunday. How great that the Chiefs game worked out to be the morning game. Gonna be a great sports day in the city hopefully!
:-)
[Reply]
jettio 10:19 AM 10-30-2023
After Chiefs loss, I actually thought about SKC game in St. Louis being a mood booster if it went well and they competed hard. That was awesome performance. It was like every player was finding the right pass. I was surprised the possession time was so much in favor of STL because SKC passed so well when they had the ball.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:52 PM 11-02-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
After Chiefs loss, I actually thought about SKC game in St. Louis being a mood booster if it went well and they competed hard. That was awesome performance. It was like every player was finding the right pass. I was surprised the possession time was so much in favor of STL because SKC passed so well when they had the ball.
It was interesting they really did let them have the ball but in completely non dangerous areas.

As soon as STL tried to make an advance or get to a place of danger they would stifle it or force them to retreat back.

The possession numbers were surprising but when I looked back it was just a matter of the quality of their possession being such dog shit.

Beautiful.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:55 PM 11-02-2023

[Reply]
|Zach| 10:04 PM 11-10-2023
Massive win against our new rivals...an 8 seed beating a 1 seed.

Fuck those guys.

Moving on to play the winner of Salt Lake\Houston

[Reply]
|Zach| 12:36 AM 11-12-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
Do you get emotional talking about Vermes failures or do you just refuse to talk about them? Are you as upset about the timing of the extension as the rest of us Sporting fans? I feel like the cauldron really should be voicing their displeasure more to let ownership know we’re not happy. We need a Save Sporting movement like we had a Save our Chiefs movement and continuing to just bang the drum and sing the same old chants won’t let ownership know we’re tired of the failures. The fans need to start speaking up or we’re about to get stuck in years of mediocrity.
Between this and Mizzou maybe you should just relax and enjoy the sports and stop having opinions.
[Reply]
jettio 08:20 AM 11-12-2023
So looks like Houston Dynamo in conference semifinals. Winner meets winner of Seattle and LAFC.

If SKC wins two more they will have definitely earned trip to final.
[Reply]
|Zach| 05:56 PM 11-12-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
So looks like Houston Dynamo in conference semifinals. Winner meets winner of Seattle and LAFC.

If SKC wins two more they will have definitely earned trip to final.
Houston have been really impressive and dynamic on offense this season having said that they did not look that great in the series against RSL.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:30 PM 11-12-2023
Some really good matches all around. Interested to see how Philly and Cincy shake out.

[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:00 AM 11-13-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Between this and Mizzou maybe you should just relax and enjoy the sports and stop having opinions.
Everything I said about Vermes is still 100% accurate, but how the season played out definitely saved his ass. Sounds like the board was going to Seattle to fire him earlier in the season and that performance saved him. We’ll see if he tries to play Kyrie Shelton at LB now that Logan is injured. When we’re fully healthy and can play his system he’s a great coach. When he has to adjust from his only system he knows he’s probably the worst coach in the league. He constantly tries to fit square pegs in tiny holes. I’m happy we beat our rival, but let’s not act like Vermes is the best coach around again either. He has some huge weaknesses.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 08:44 AM 11-13-2023
The MLS really ****ed up this playoff scheduling too. Hopefully we can get some new leadership at the top to try and get this league back on track so we don’t waste these Messi years. Having 3 weeks between playoff matches is ridiculous. It also makes no sense to have your early round be some new best of 3 and everything else being a single match elimination. We got lucky that we matched up with our rival so it was great, but from the whole playoff perspective it just doesn’t make sense at all. Having playoff matches only available on a pay-for-streaming app is also going to severely cripple the growth of this league. It’s very unfortunate timing because the league is starting to become so fun to watch, but it’s not going to get new fans watching when they charge more than Peacock or Paramount subscriptions. Those come with streaming shows on top of the Champions League and Premier League games. Make it make sense Garber, you ****ing moron.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:10 AM 11-13-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
The MLS really ****ed up this playoff scheduling too. Hopefully we can get some new leadership at the top to try and get this league back on track so we don’t waste these Messi years. Having 3 weeks between playoff matches is ridiculous. It also makes no sense to have your early round be some new best of 3 and everything else being a single match elimination. We got lucky that we matched up with our rival so it was great, but from the whole playoff perspective it just doesn’t make sense at all. Having playoff matches only available on a pay-for-streaming app is also going to severely cripple the growth of this league. It’s very unfortunate timing because the league is starting to become so fun to watch, but it’s not going to get new fans watching when they charge more than Peacock or Paramount subscriptions. Those come with streaming shows on top of the Champions League and Premier League games. Make it make sense Garber, you ****ing moron.
Yes i am a very novice fan and its been more difficult this year to know what is going on
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up