ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What 2 teams should the B12 add...?
Air Force 9 9.09%
BYU 32 32.32%
Boise State 24 24.24%
Cincinnati 32 32.32%
Colorado State University 18 18.18%
EbolAIDS 15 15.15%
Houston 23 23.23%
Marshall 5 5.05%
Memphis 16 16.16%
New Mexico 3 3.03%
SMU 7 7.07%
University of Central Florida 18 18.18%
University of Connecticut 6 6.06%
University of South Florida 8 8.08%
Other (List) 8 8.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll
Page 20 of 37
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Conference Realignment Spin-off: Who should the B12 add...?
Mr_Tomahawk 02:04 PM 12-07-2014
The BigXII shot itself in the foot yesterday with the round-robin setup. 4 of the 5 P5 conferences have a championship game. The higher seed in each of those games got into the playoffs...whether those are the 4 top teams or not. I don't think FSU or OSU are a top 4 team...but that's for another thread.

The Big12 is going to be relying on the lower seed to win one of these championship games from her on out if they choose not to have a B12 CCG. IMO, that isn't a good way to get your conference represented in the playoffs...
The round-robin is cute...but until they expand to 8 teams. The B12 could find themselves in this situation more often than Not.

The Baylor vs KSU was the championship argument is flawed as is the B12 could have had 2 teams in the playoffs...

So....to get the B12 back to....12 teams, what two teams would you add?

Poll to come...
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:33 PM 07-04-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Lol that can’t be real.

A major player not being talked about right now in CFB realignment is...the Big East. YES the Big East has had discussions with Kansas regarding a UConn style arrangement that would send KU hoops to the BE w/FB remaining ind. Gonzaga is watching from the corner to see if KU jumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:39 PM 07-04-2022
Big East fans are excited about the possibility of the addition of KU.

How awesome would it be if some schools were like F-it, we’re going all in on basketball. Reform the old Big East + KU, Baylor, Gonzaga, or something like that.

Man, that Big East basketball tournament was must watch TV. That would be an awesome season to follow.

[Reply]
kcclone 02:46 PM 07-04-2022
Zero chance KU would leave the B12 for the Big East.

ACC I could understand, but not the Big East.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:51 PM 07-04-2022
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Lol that can’t be real.
It’s not, which is why he didn’t want to post any link.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:54 PM 07-04-2022
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
That's actually a very, very good landing spot.

The best landing spot for KU is on the trophy presentation stage next to Jim Nantz.

The best landing spot for you is sitting on your couch, watching him fork it over.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 03:10 PM 07-04-2022
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
The best landing spot for KU is on the trophy presentation stage next to Jim Nantz.

The best landing spot for you is sitting on your couch, watching him fork it over.
It was great. All my KU friends were happy.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:18 PM 07-04-2022
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Zero chance KU would leave the B12 for the Big East.

ACC I could understand, but not the Big East.
I would also prefer ACC. But it sounds like they are locked into a longer worse TV contract.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:41 PM 07-04-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
A major player not being talked about right now in CFB realignment is...the Big East. YES the Big East has had discussions with Kansas regarding a UConn style arrangement that would send KU hoops to the BE w/FB remaining ind. Gonzaga is watching from the corner to see if KU jumps.

seems like a good fit.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 03:53 PM 07-04-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
For bball its fine. But for the overall longevity for KU its horrible. It essentially turns us into a mid major.

Id rather join the Pac 12 than try to poach the Pac 12. After OU and Texas are gone hoe valuable really is the Big 12 compared to even the remaining Pac 12.

You have to think Wash, Oregon, and Stanford will end up in the Big 10 eventually once they can get ND. Leaves everyone else a Pac 12/Big 12/Mtn West merger.
In a sane world the shit would flown down stream from the remaining PAC to the B12 but the networks may have already indicated that some more PACs are leaving.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:08 PM 07-04-2022
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:

I don't get it. If anything wouldn't we want to be independent in basketball? Football needs a conference to get televised and for people to care about it. This would be a death sentence to the KU Athletic Dept as we know it. And it would mean we would never be a player again for any Power 5 (or as we know it) spot.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:08 PM 07-04-2022
KU bringing $70+ million to the table?

https://www.johncanzano.com/p/canzan...nch-comes-with

Big Ten math led to USC and UCLA defection

The Big Ten will expand to 16 teams when the addition of USC and UCLA becomes official in 2024. The conference’s $1 billion-a year television deal will presumably be shared equally among the members.

Thompson said the Big Ten’s decision to add two Los Angeles-based universities was rooted in a simple math equation. The 14 existing conference members know they’ll receive approximately $71.4 million per university under the new Fox deal. Adding two more partners only made sense if they could generate a minimum of $143 million in additional distributable revenue.

“To get there you could assume that the bulk of the 5.2 million pay TV homes in LA, San Diego, Palm Springs and Santa Barbara become inner-market Big Ten Network subscribers,” he said. “That will add significant affiliate revenue for the network.”

Adding Southern California to the portfolio increases the Big Ten’s core TV households by 25 percent. The result is additional advertising revenue for the Big Ten Network, Fox Broadcast Network and FS1 as well.

Said Thompson: “That should all be enough to convince Fox that the additional rights fees are worthwhile.”

[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:25 PM 07-04-2022
PAC 12 vs BIG 12

Phil Knight’s support would help stabilize the Pac-12.

https://youtu.be/36RSuongaZw

https://youtu.be/klJIWHLX6TA

https://youtu.be/PtLKjDnlrxE

https://youtu.be/Ac7716t3jgI

Instead of merging with the Big 12, the conference would now be a threat to dismantle it. In that, the Pac-12 flips from defense to offense, potentially poaching a handful of attractive Big 12 universities in the process. With Knight’s influence and clout, ESPN might also come to the table as a partner in a more meaningful manner.

Notre Dame will presumably make a decision in the coming days and either join the Big Ten or remain independent. Meanwhile, the programs at Arizona, Arizona State, Utah and Colorado are a threat to be poached by the Big 12. That conference would like nothing more than to see the Pac-12 disintegrate, and then, pick through the wreckage.

The SEC and Big Ten have cemented themselves as the two “super conferences.” There’s a public battle looming between the Pac-12 and Big 12 to see which ends up as the No. 3 league.

“One of us will have to be destroyed to get there,” said the AD I spoke with.

Oregon and Washington have to be hurt that they weren’t included in the original discussions with the Big Ten. FOX slapped them — and the rest of the Pac-12 — in the face. Knight’s global relationships become one of the most valuable assets the Pac-12 can capture. But only if he’s motivated enough to put his name, clout, and potentially money, behind the Pac-12.

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 05:13 PM 07-04-2022
Trivia: name the only current SEC that’s never played for a title in FB, basketball or baseball since 1940?

(Mizzou won the 54 CWS)
[Reply]
Bowser 05:15 PM 07-04-2022
Trivia: name the only current SEC that’s never played for a title in FB, basketball or baseball since 1940?

(Mizzou won the 54 CWS)
Off the top of my head, Mississippi State?
[Reply]
Rams Fan 05:24 PM 07-04-2022

(Mizzou won the 54 CWS)
Mississippi State won a baseball title last season, so it’s not them.

The answer, off the top of my head, is Texas A&M.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 37
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up