Page 2 of 21
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Vikings told Dalvin Cook they are releasing him
Mecca 12:12 PM 05-18-2023
Interested?
[Reply]
chiefs1111 12:33 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Uh even most bad teams have a good RB...

About the only team I can see being a realistic fit for him that isn't us is Buffalo and that's because his brother is there and they are kinda eh at RB.
I was actually just about to post this. Buffalo seems the most likely landing spot
[Reply]
O.city 12:33 PM 05-18-2023
I mean, sure I'd take him here in a heartbeat for cheap. But I doubt that happens.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:33 PM 05-18-2023
I'd consider a little bit of an over pay here. He very much fits a role that we only have a really old Mckinnon in. And didnt he and Mkinnon play together?

He's only 27 going on 28 to start the season.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:39 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Wasn't Miami discussing trading for him for a while?
That was before they brought Mostert and Wilson back and followed that by using a draft pick on Achane.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:40 PM 05-18-2023
I mean, sure I'd take him here in a heartbeat for cheap. But I doubt that happens.
Buffalo has no money either...I doubt he's getting paid much.

He'd probably look resurgent here, he'd be able to split time in the backfield and keep his legs fresh.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 12:42 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Uh even most bad teams have a good RB...

About the only team I can see being a realistic fit for him that isn't us is Buffalo and that's because his brother is there and they are kinda eh at RB.
My point was some bad team will sign him for more than he's worth... If he wants what he is really worth to chase a ring, great. Dalvin Cook is still a name that will sell if someone has cap space. Won't be surprised if the Bears are a taker and over pay. D'onta Foreman and the Texas rookie aren't the same as a Cook name wise, especially after losing Montgomery.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:46 PM 05-18-2023
DJ was never really able to utilize him in Sandlot
[Reply]
Womble 12:47 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by In58men:
He’s an upgrade over CEH
The shite on the bottom of my boot is also an upgrade on CEH.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:57 PM 05-18-2023
As others have already predicted, I think he'll be too expensive.

He does kind of fit the mold of RBs Veach seems to like going after though.

However, he's not washed by any means, posting nearly 1,200 yards rushing, a 4.4yd/avg, 8 rushing TDs, along with 2 more receiving and another 300 yds last season. And for anyone thinking he's lost a step, his longest run in 2022 was 81 yards, a career best.

Unfortunately for cash-strapped teams, that probably means he's going to get more than a vet min deal, or some prove it type of contract.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:11 PM 05-18-2023
I doubt he'll be expensive at all. Throw him into the pile. That Vet RB market is pretty thick.

Ezekiel Elliot
Kareem Hunt
Leo Fournette
Mark Ingram
Kenyan Drake

And now Dalvin Cook.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:13 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
As others have already predicted, I think he'll be too expensive.

He does kind of fit the mold of RBs Veach seems to like going after though.

However, he's not washed by any means, posting nearly 1,200 yards rushing, a 4.4yd/avg, 8 rushing TDs, along with 2 more receiving and another 300 yds last season. And for anyone thinking he's lost a step, his longest run in 2022 was 81 yards, a career best.

Unfortunately for cash-strapped teams, that probably means he's going to get more than a vet min deal, or some prove it type of contract.
Sooo...the same YPC as CEH.

Just goes to show people are being really fucking stupid about CEH.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:19 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

Cook can at least pass protect so hey and manage to not miss half the season every year.
[Reply]
redfan 01:21 PM 05-18-2023
He'll take the Patrick Price (a discount) for a chance at a ring. Dooo eeeet Brut!!
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:21 PM 05-18-2023
Wasn't Miami discussing trading for him for a while?
Yes, and he's from the area.

He'll be a Dolphin by the weekend.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:22 PM 05-18-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:

I mean, I guess that's one way to look at it. In fact, that YPC is Cook's lowest of his career. But it was also his second-highest season total rushing, and his third-highest TD total. I don't know how others would score t, but I think 2022 was his second or third-best season of his career.

He's definitely not on the decline, he's not old at 27, and he isn't coming off an injury-hampered season, so in those ways he's not a likely Veach candidate.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 21
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up