Page 15 of 21
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Vikings told Dalvin Cook they are releasing him
Mecca 12:12 PM 05-18-2023
Interested?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 02:05 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
I agree, another RB would be a nice to have but we don't need one unless someone goes down I don't think.

I'd like to see us pick up another LE that can get to the passer.
Hmm noticing that NFL coaches do not feel the same way per a recent poll done by ESPN. Apparently, Pacheco didn't crack the top 10 RBs, and didn't get a single honorable mention for 10-20th either:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...s-best-rushers
[Reply]
wazu 02:15 PM 07-17-2023
Hmm noticing that NFL coaches do not feel the same way per a recent poll done by ESPN. Apparently, Pacheco didn't crack the top 10 RBs, and didn't get a single honorable mention for 10-20th either:

There are a lot of bad coaches out there. I'll settle for 4.9 yards per carry. (5.3 in the playoffs)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:31 PM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
It’s a cold world for RBs.

It’s crazy how far they’ve fallen from just the early 2000s.

Eh, I’ll give them some grace there. Pacheco was a non-factor until halfway through the season, at which point he was still splitting duties with Jerick McKinnon.

The article says they were identifying who was the best player today so there was no consideration on age, contract, etc. and Pacheco wasn’t unequivocally better than other rookies like Kenneth Walker, Dameon Pierce, or Tyler Allgeier who themselves are behind proven guys like Henry, CMC, Chubb, Barkley, Cook, Aaron Jones, Jonathon Taylor, and Ekeler.

Then you include guys like Josh Jacobs and Alvin Kamara.

Then you’ve got other potential studs in Miles Sanders, Raheem Mostert, Etienne, etc.

Tony Pollard is fucking amazing.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:22 PM 07-17-2023

Of course YOU’D put stock in a pick a name I know contest.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:24 PM 07-17-2023
Yeah, McKinnon stole a lot of thunder, deservedly so. 500 yards and 9 TDs receiving is pretty damn good.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:10 AM 07-18-2023
Watching Dalvin Cook on the Quarterback show, he's always the first one over to talk to cousins after a shit play, and blocking his ass off. I'd kick the tires.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:13 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Watching Dalvin Cook on the Quarterback show, he's always the first one over to talk to cousins after a shit play, and blocking his ass off. I'd kick the tires.
Just telling him he sucks I'm guessing
[Reply]
Simply Red 06:13 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Yeah, McKinnon stole a lot of thunder, deservedly so. 500 yards and 9 TDs receiving is pretty damn good.
we got that deal done, right? Pretty sure I remember seeing that.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:32 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
Of course YOU’D put stock in a pick a name I know contest.
Ok. Would you like to add some exposition here to help the rest of us catch up to your meaning?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 06:38 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Just telling him he sucks I'm guessing
That would be hilarious "Next time throw it to our guy big dog."
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:13 AM 07-18-2023
Last considered elite RB to get a ring was Lynch in 14. Never spend a 1 on one and never pay one big money. These clowns want like 12-15 per year. They don't lead to titles of any kind in today's game and their life span in the league is short. Blocking is more important than the RB by far. That's a proven fact in the last 8 years.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:28 AM 07-18-2023
Ok. Would you like to add some exposition here to help the rest of us catch up to your meaning?
You like past production (e.g., Hopkins) like fat kids like cake.
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:34 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Last considered elite RB to get a ring was Lynch in 14. Never spend a 1 on one and never pay one big money. These clowns want like 12-15 per year. They don't lead to titles of any kind in today's game and their life span in the league is short. Blocking is more important than the RB by far. That's a proven fact in the last 8 years.
“Since 2013, no Super Bowl–winning team has paid its leading rusher more than $2.5 million, and the average salary of the leading rusher on the past 14 Super Bowl teams is just $1.4 million.”

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2023/7...-franchise-tag
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:51 AM 07-18-2023
Churn and burn. You guys should realize this by now. Fuck "names "

Pollard is "amazing" whoopty doo let him walk too contract time
[Reply]
RockChalk 08:30 AM 07-18-2023
It's really kind of funny, yet sad at the same time. They are all tweeting in solidarity, but also must know that Owners/GMs/Coaches have come to realize that there are only a few big money RBs that make a difference. Gurley's contract and what happened after was the beginning of the end for huge contracts for most RBs.

That said, I think NYG are making a big mistake with Saquon. That dude was a huge reason they made the playoffs last year. Jones isn't repeating that season without him.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 21
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up