Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:39 PM 12-24-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I actually think there is something to that.
Someone on Twitter said that Big Money St Louis Boosters are the reason that Drink is sticking with Cook. Don’t know if it’s true. I’m hearing some rumors that it’s not Drinks call.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:00 PM 12-24-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Someone on Twitter said that Big Money St Louis Boosters are the reason that Drink is sticking with Cook. Don’t know if it’s true. I’m hearing some rumors that it’s not Drinks call.
Lol don't start that shit with me. You're a shit stirrer that is full of shit.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12-24-2022, 06:05 PM
This message has been deleted by Pepe Silvia. Reason: It’s all in the hips.
duncan_idaho 05:11 PM 12-28-2022
Not being actively trolled in the thread right now I see. Weird.

Re: Cook and next year, I don’t believe he’ll stick around. And if he does and still plays instead of Horn or Johnson, that means he’s the best guy they have.

People were clamoring for Cook over Bazelak last year. We see how that has turned out.

Drink is trying to win. His job depends on it next year. He’s going to play the best guy.

If, after a year and a half in the system that is NOT Sam Horn, it’s a good sign he’s not what his ranking suggested he could be.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:16 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

Re: Cook and next year, I don’t believe he’ll stick around. And if he does and still plays instead of Horn or Johnson, that means he’s the best guy they have.

People were clamoring for Cook over Bazelak last year. We see how that has turned out.

Drink is trying to win. His job depends on it next year. He’s going to play the best guy.

If, after a year and a half in the system that is NOT Sam Horn, it’s a good sign he’s not what his ranking suggested he could be.
Then fire Drinkwitz for being an absolute failure at scouting and developing a QB. There is absolutely no situation imaginable where Cook starting for this team next season is acceptable, barring injury replacement. Heads need to roll, immediately, if that's the case.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:20 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Then fire Drinkwitz for being an absolute failure at scouting and developing a QB. There is absolutely no situation imaginable where Cook starting for this team next season is acceptable. Heads need to roll, immediately, if that's the case.

If Cook is the best QB they have next year, they’re going to struggle to get to 6-6, even, and things will take care of themselves.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:22 PM 12-28-2022

Yeah - I just have an awfully hard time believing that a guy who's watched these two guys take more snaps in a week than we will in our lifetimes has decided "eh, fuck my job - Cook just makes a mean martini so he's my quarterback..."

How often have fans ever gotten that one right? Closest I can figure is the Brad Smith/Chase Daniel debate in 2005 and frankly Smith was just a better player for that team at that time.

Maybe that Franklin/Mauk season? But Mauk's near immediate implosion when he became the named starter kinda says what needed to be said about why that decision was made. That was a situation where Franklin just never got the respect he deserved.

I will say that I have no idea what the coaching staff saw in Kelly Bryant and I think they'd have been more successful that year had they made the switch to Bazelak sooner - Bryant just would not throw the goddamn football. He was such a struggle to watch. Hard to know what the thought process there was apart from not burying a kid who transferred here for his senior season (with a hell of a resume) out of fear of not winning many of those battles in the future?

But I'd take Cook 100% of the time over Bryant. Man I couldn't stand watching him play.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:37 PM 12-28-2022
{sees Arkansas score}

Must...not...troll...beaker thread...
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 05:38 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{sees Arkansas score}

Oh, I think we should troll them a bit.

They earned it.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 05:40 PM 12-28-2022
Now is the time, boys.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 05:40 PM 12-28-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
{sees Arkansas score}

Bring it! :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 05:41 PM 12-28-2022
Oh, I think we should troll them a bit.

They earned it.
We (KU or MU) deserve it whenever the other is doing terrible.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:43 PM 12-28-2022
The fuck do we even have to troll them about? Our dipshit pussy of a coach ran his dicklicker about not ducking them even though it was blatantly obvious we did and we got anally devastated by Wake fucking Forest.
[Reply]
Pablo 05:47 PM 12-28-2022
The fuck do we even have to troll them about? Our dipshit pussy of a coach ran his dicklicker about not ducking them even though it was blatantly obvious we did and we got anally devastated by Wake fucking Forest.
Well there's no disputing this.

Unless Bryan Busby comes in with his "we wanted a bowl game before Christmas!!!" line.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:47 PM 12-28-2022
Then fire Drinkwitz for being an absolute failure at scouting and developing a QB. There is absolutely no situation imaginable where Cook starting for this team next season is acceptable, barring injury replacement. Heads need to roll, immediately, if that's the case.
Drink needs to be fired because he (presumptively) missed on one guy? A guy who was universally considered a top 5 QB recruit?

Cade Klubnik was kinda the jewel of the QB class, no? We gonna pretend it's been all wine and roses for him? And he was a better recruit that Horn was. Walker Howard was a higher rated recruit at LSU - didn't throw a pass this year. If Garrett Nussmeier beats him out for the job next season, do you fire Brian Kelley?

These are teenagers. Sometimes you misfire on them. But when you have a guy who has you in a position to be taking top 10 ranked out of state kids away from Florida and Tennessee, you don't piss on that if it doesn't work.

His 'bad' class has 5 kids who are 4-star recruits, including ANOTHER premium QB recruit - his 3rd in as many years. How easy do you think it is for coaches to get those guys in the door?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:52 PM 12-28-2022
:-) 4 years of failing to get even decent QB play at that point, and presumably another season of .500 mediocrity. I couldn't give a single flying fuck how good his bagmen are if he can't develop the players he does manage to bring in.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 109
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103 > Last »
Up