Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:49 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
You do not realize how much this conference hates Mizzou. You should read Mosbonians post, it’s accurate as f***.
I read his/her post. It’s full of conjecture and reactionary mad bullshit.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:49 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Cook was bad for sure. Maybe it’s just me, but I wouldn’t be in an opposing teams thread beating a dead horse. You do you though bro.
I've got 90 minutes before I meet with friends later and am watching UT-UGA. Got my work out in already.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:50 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I've lived in Kentucky and live in Alabama and grew up in Missouri.

No one cares here in Alabama and Kentucky's been either too irrelevant in football or too dominant in basketball to have a rival.
You completely missed what I was trying to tell you...I said nothing about being a rival. What I said was that the local sports talking heads act like Mizzou is Cousin Eddie from the vacation movies. It happened in Lexington, it happened in Columbia SC and you can hear it here in Jacksonville.

And I bet it is that way in Athens, Knoxville and Tuscaloosa when Mizzou is brought up in football conversations.

If you Don't think there is an Old Guard SEC clique you are a bit jaded.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:51 PM 11-05-2022
This makes no logical or financial sense. The SEC only benefits from every team being competitive. You all are some weak minded fucks.
If every team in conference is 8-4 they are harmed substantially. They are hoping for one of Georgia or Tennessee to go unbeaten with the loser winning out and the winner losing to a one-loss Alabama in the conference championship game so that they can make an argument for having three teams in the playoff.

Each team in the playoff is an extra $6 million for the SEC.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 02:52 PM 11-05-2022
Oh...for clarification sake....the biggest problem Mizzou had today was a QB that wore Black and Gold and couldn't beat a HS football team.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:53 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I've got 90 minutes before I meet with friends later and am watching UT-UGA. Got my work out in already.
Lol! Fair enough. Enjoy your time with your friends. Congrats on the win. You’ve got our number. I guess this it how Columbia East and Arkansas feels about Mizzou.
[Reply]
Ron Swanson 02:53 PM 11-05-2022
The ref that spotted that 1st down that was clearly at least a yard short should be investigated. He walked at a 45 degree angle to spot it and emphatically waved for a 1st down. That was just blatant cheating.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:54 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
You completely missed what I was trying to tell you...I said nothing about being a rival. What I said was that the local sports talking heads act like Mizzou is Cousin Eddie from the vacation movies. It happened in Lexington, it happened in Columbia SC and you can hear it here in Jacksonville.

And I bet it is that way in Athens, Knoxville and Tuscaloosa when Mizzou is brought up in football conversations.

If you Don't think there is an Old Guard SEC clique you are a bit jaded.
There is an Old Guard SEC, especially in football.

But I'm saying Mizzou is too irrelevant for a majority of the states to care one way or another, partially due to success and partially due to location. The same meat heads say the same dumb shit over and over. I get it. Kentucky gets bashed too (deservedly so) because of their historic success or lack thereof. Win big consistently and it goes away.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 02:55 PM 11-05-2022
Agreed completely. But Kentucky-Mizzou has nothing to do with that. There wasn’t some SEC conspiracy. It was simply really bad officiating and terrible QB play.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 02:55 PM 11-05-2022
Lol! Fair enough. Enjoy your time with your friends. Congrats on the win. You’ve got our number. I guess this it how Columbia East and Arkansas feels about Mizzou.
Already had my text conversation with my friend who is a Mizzou alum and talked some trash with my Dad who is a Kansas undergrad alum and Mizzou MBA alum.

And probably so.

Enjoy your weekend and please win in Knoxville next week.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 02:55 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Oh...for clarification sake....the biggest problem Mizzou had today was a QB that wore Black and Gold and couldn't beat a HS football team.
To add to this, no one is saying that Brady Cook isn't a massive fucking problem, it's that aside from Brady Cook being a QB that probably shouldn't start for Missouri State, Missouri still had that game won before yet another egregious screwjob from the officials.

It's gotten to the point where you expect the officiating to be as level as pro wrestling.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 03:01 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
If every team in conference is 8-4 they are harmed substantially. They are hoping for one of Georgia or Tennessee to go unbeaten with the loser winning out and the winner losing to a one-loss Alabama in the conference championship game so that they can make an argument for having three teams in the playoff.

Each team in the playoff is an extra $6 million for the SEC.
Agreed completely. But Kentucky-Mizzou has nothing to do with that. There wasn’t some SEC conspiracy. It was simply really bad officiating and terrible QB play.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 03:02 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
To add to this, no one is saying that Brady Cook isn't a massive ****ing problem, it's that aside from Brady Cook being a QB that probably shouldn't start for Missouri State, Missouri still had that game won before yet another egregious screwjob from the officials.

It's gotten to the point where you expect the officiating to be as level as pro wrestling.
Are you going to mention how Mizzou had less penalties called against them than Kentucky or does that not fit your slant?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:06 PM 11-05-2022
Mizzou has always stepped on their own dick. Happened in the Big 8. Happened in the Big 12. Happened in the SEC.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 03:12 PM 11-05-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Mizzou has always stepped on their own dick. Happened in the Big 8. Happened in the Big 12. Happened in the SEC.
It’s by design though, nobody’s luck is this bad. You have to try to make your luck this bad and there’s a lot of different forces contributing to making it happen.
[Reply]
Page 59 of 109
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369 > Last »
Up