Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:06 AM 05-30-2023
So who will be MUs new coach after this year?

https://twitter.com/RossDellenger/st...hHf-XxbMA&s=19
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:16 AM 05-30-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:

Depends on how well they do. ED is a huge proponent of NIL.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 01:59 AM 05-31-2023
Drink is safe as long as he wins 7 this year.

Mizzou is rightfully playing the long game with this man. Has his wins matched it yet? No.

But he’s led the Missouri legislature into one of the leading NIL deals in the country. He’s won games against the best. He is a rock star in the SEC. The results on the field haven’t been there yet, but most of you dumb fucks wanted Pinkel gone every year since 2004. Most of you don’t know shit.

The national media is applauding him for his influence to put Missouri as a leader in NIL.

He needs 3 more years minimum, especially with all the high ranking QBs he has coming in.
[Reply]
Jerm 06:54 AM 05-31-2023
I love the reasoning for keeping a coach is a because he’s a “rock star”….who gives a flying fuck lol. That’s not even true anyways haha.

He’s won games against the best? That’s news to me…that’s complete bullshit. His biggest “win” was a 4 point loss to the #1 team last season.

He is what he is, a .500 football coach. Hell he’s not even that.

He has ZERO excuses this season…needs to win at least 8 with that schedule.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 06:58 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
Drink is safe as long as he wins 7 this year.

Mizzou is rightfully playing the long game with this man. Has his wins matched it yet? No.

But he’s led the Missouri legislature into one of the leading NIL deals in the country. He’s won games against the best. He is a rock star in the SEC. The results on the field haven’t been there yet, but most of you dumb ****s wanted Pinkel gone every year since 2004. Most of you don’t know shit.

The national media is applauding him for his influence to put Missouri as a leader in NIL.

He needs 3 more years minimum, especially with all the high ranking QBs he has coming in.
Who gives a shit how many high ranking QBs are coming in when it’s a constant revolving door of shitty play at the position. Also, Drink will most likely just stick with an inferior player like Cook even if there are better players waiting in the wings.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:37 AM 05-31-2023
:-) Won games against the best? Wut? Has 2 wins over teams in the top 25 in 3 seasons, and they were ranked 17 and 25.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:54 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Won games against the best? Wut? Has 2 wins over teams in the top 25 in 3 seasons, and they were ranked 17 and 25.
Yeah…

Realistically, he overachieved in 2020, underachieved in 2021, and met expectations in 2022.

I don’t think he’ll be fired barring Mizzou winning like 4 games or less this year. 2024 I think is make or break, though.

At some point you have to actually start winning to show signs of progress instead of plateauing for 4 or 5 years while improving recruiting.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:05 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Yeah…

Realistically, he overachieved in 2020, underachieved in 2021, and met expectations in 2022.

I don’t think he’ll be fired barring Mizzou winning like 4 games or less this year. 2024 I think is make or break, though.

At some point you have to actually start winning to show signs of progress instead of plateauing for 4 or 5 years while improving recruiting.
It’s clearly very early, but recruiting isn’t looking great at the moment for the 2024 class.
[Reply]
jettio 08:15 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:

Twitter is so full of shit.

Always have some asshole post some misleading story and all the assholes on Twitter swallow it up and propagate the horseshit.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:48 AM 05-31-2023
Yeah…

Hard disagree.

I think Eli has to show some noticeable improvement in 2023 or he's gone. This AD isn't fucking around and has turned over a lot of pieces that aren't working and she did not hire him.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:59 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
Twitter is so full of shit.

Always have some asshole post some misleading story and all the assholes on Twitter swallow it up and propagate the horseshit.
I read the whole thing and it still is dumb. The guy sounds like a dumbass
[Reply]
Rams Fan 11:30 AM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Hard disagree.

I think Eli has to show some noticeable improvement in 2023 or he's gone. This AD isn't ****ing around and has turned over a lot of pieces that aren't working and she did not hire him.
This isn't a similar case to Bieser or Cuonzo, though.

Bieser had been HC since 2017 and never made the tournament. He also never showed that he could take Mizzou to the next level. Part of his failure, though, is also being at a severe disadvantage with regard to facilities.

Cuonzo was shit-canned because he had served his purpose at Mizzou and couldn't elevate the program beyond that. He brought stability to the program without making a complete laughingstock to the point that Kim Anderson did. Aside from his first-year recruiting, his classes were mid as hell and he only finished 1 game over .500. Even then, he was given 5 years.

I don't think the situation Drink inherited was as bad as Cuonzo, but it still wasn't great.

I think if Drink goes 6-6 or 7-5 he's probably safe. Defense showed dramatic improvement last season, finished with the #15 class in 2022, and #33 this year. Additionally, he finally gave up play-calling and hired an OC.

2024 will be the third season of development the 2022 class will have of strength, conditioning, and practice. If he can't deliver then, he needs to go.

Odom was shit-canned because he couldn't recruit for shit, was .500 throughout his tenure, and diminished fan support. I don't think the fans/boosters as a whole have turned on Drink yet.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:50 AM 05-31-2023
Go 6-6 this year with this schedule and the flaming pitchforks will be out in Columbia and rightfully so….hell even 7-5 might do it.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:59 PM 05-31-2023
This isn't a similar case to Bieser or Cuonzo, though.

Bieser had been HC since 2017 and never made the tournament. He also never showed that he could take Mizzou to the next level. Part of his failure, though, is also being at a severe disadvantage with regard to facilities.

Cuonzo was shit-canned because he had served his purpose at Mizzou and couldn't elevate the program beyond that. He brought stability to the program without making a complete laughingstock to the point that Kim Anderson did. Aside from his first-year recruiting, his classes were mid as hell and he only finished 1 game over .500. Even then, he was given 5 years.

I don't think the situation Drink inherited was as bad as Cuonzo, but it still wasn't great.

I think if Drink goes 6-6 or 7-5 he's probably safe. Defense showed dramatic improvement last season, finished with the #15 class in 2022, and #33 this year. Additionally, he finally gave up play-calling and hired an OC.

2024 will be the third season of development the 2022 class will have of strength, conditioning, and practice. If he can't deliver then, he needs to go.

Odom was shit-canned because he couldn't recruit for shit, was .500 throughout his tenure, and diminished fan support. I don't think the fans/boosters as a whole have turned on Drink yet.
Recruiting doesn't mean much without the results. 6-6 again with another limpdick bowl appearance and he's done.

Building a pipeline doesn't mean piss if they all portal out because being in the queef taco bowl isn't enough.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:48 PM 05-31-2023
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Who gives a shit how many high ranking QBs are coming in when it’s a constant revolving door of shitty play at the position. Also, Drink will most likely just stick with an inferior player like Cook even if there are better players waiting in the wings.
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You fellas are STILL fucking this chicken, eh?

Okay - have fun with that.
[Reply]
Page 108 of 109
« First < 85898104105106107108 109 >
Up