Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
PHOG 07:13 PM 01-14-2023
Hmm, pretty quiet in here....:-)
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:52 PM 01-14-2023
Wow the thread is quiet....in the offseason?????? Riveting observation!
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 08:00 PM 01-14-2023

Why Not The ZOU��Committed���� @KD1ERA pic.twitter.com/MRKcvUXV3b

— Sidney Williams (@Sidney2020DB) January 15, 2023

Bringin da party home��‼️ #MIZ @CoachDrinkwitz @MizzouFootball pic.twitter.com/RIB46gOHUs

— Joe Moore III (@joem58re) January 14, 2023

Committed to The Zou !!! #MIZ #NWO���� ⁦@NastyWideOuts⁩ ⁦@CoachDrinkwitzpic.twitter.com/0Tr0vle73w

— DANNIS JACKSON (@DannisjJackson) January 14, 2023

Better?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:02 PM 01-14-2023
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Hmm, pretty quiet in here....:-)
Thanks for your concern (and continued obsession).
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:06 AM 01-20-2023
Mizzou got a former top 25 QB with 3 seasons of eligibility left. Transfer from Miami Jake Garcia.

Let's hope Horn or Garcia can be studs at QB this year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:40 AM 01-20-2023
Kid had offers from 'Bama, UGA, LSU, Ohio State - I mean just about everyone.

He's essentially the same caliber prospect as Horn, just a year more advanced.

Obviously that's pretty good news though it does make me wonder what the staff thinks about Horn at this point.

In either event, ONE of those 2 is surely going to be able to displace Brady Cook. Man that's a nice get.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:43 AM 01-20-2023
At least we're not Florida :-)
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 11:50 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Obviously that's pretty good news though it does make me wonder what the staff thinks about Horn at this point.

In either event, ONE of those 2 is surely going to be able to displace Brady Cook. Man that's a nice get.
That’s assuming that Drink will put in the best player which I don’t trust him to do, we’ll see. Hopefully he does the right thing and gets over his obsession with Cook.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:59 AM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
That’s assuming that Drink will put in the best player which I don’t trust him to do, we’ll see. Hopefully he does the right thing and gets over his obsession with Cook.

Which at this point is a silly expectation.

He’s not obsessed with Cook. If he was obsessed with Cook the guy would have played in 21 instead of Bazelak.

He played Bazelak in 20 and 21 because it was his best option. He played Cook last year because it was his best option.

He wouldn’t bring in a guy like this - who surely got a nice NIL deal - if the plan was to stick with Cook.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 12:01 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Which at this point is a silly expectation.

He’s not obsessed with Cook. If he was obsessed with Cook the guy would have played in 21 instead of Bazelak.

He played Bazelak in 20 and 21 because it was his best option. He played Cook last year because it was his best option.

He wouldn’t bring in a guy like this - who surely got a nice NIL deal - if the plan was to stick with Cook.
I respect you Duncan, I hope you’re right.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:06 PM 01-20-2023
That's a good get. Stop being so damn cunty.
[Reply]
raybec 4 02:10 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I was convinced at the start of '22 that Horn would take over before mid season. Boy was I wrong. Cook doesn't do anything that stands out, he's just there. Makes me wonder if Horn is prone to shitty decisions or if Drink just didn't trust him.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:21 PM 01-20-2023
Re Horn, I don’t think him not playing in 22 says anything yet.

He’s a two-sport athlete in HS who didn’t make it for spring football.

Not even Patrick Levon Mahomes Ii won the job as a true freshman in a similar scenario.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:57 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Re Horn, I don’t think him not playing in 22 says anything yet.

He’s a two-sport athlete in HS who didn’t make it for spring football.

Not even Patrick Levon Mahomes Ii won the job as a true freshman in a similar scenario.
Patrick Mahomes had 14 TDs and 2 INTs in his 3 starts his Freshmen year lol. It's not that Horn wasn't starting. He got to throw the ball 2 times and played in 1 single game. I just really can't fathom why he couldn't get some playing time in these games

Louisiana Tech 52-24 win
K-State 40-12 loss
Abilene Christian 34-17 win and was 34-10 with a minute left
Tennessee 66-24 loss
N. New Mexico St 45-14 win

Eli couldn't find a few drives at the end of these games to get the kid some playing time? We threw the ball 344 times and Brady Cook had 334 of those throws. The guy couldn't risk Sam Horn looking like a competent QB and making him look like an idiot for trotting Brady out there.

It's just egregiously bad coaching by Eli that he didn't get Horn some playing time to push his development further along.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:48 PM 01-20-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Patrick Mahomes had 14 TDs and 2 INTs in his 3 starts his Freshmen year lol. It's not that Horn wasn't starting. He got to throw the ball 2 times and played in 1 single game. I just really can't fathom why he couldn't get some playing time in these games

Louisiana Tech 52-24 win
K-State 40-12 loss
Abilene Christian 34-17 win and was 34-10 with a minute left
Tennessee 66-24 loss
N. New Mexico St 45-14 win

Eli couldn't find a few drives at the end of these games to get the kid some playing time? We threw the ball 344 times and Brady Cook had 334 of those throws. The guy couldn't risk Sam Horn looking like a competent QB and making him look like an idiot for trotting Brady out there.

It's just egregiously bad coaching by Eli that he didn't get Horn some playing time to push his development further along.
All editorializing/projecting.

Everything I've heard indicates that Horn/his parents really wanted to make sure he wasn't thrown to the wolves too early, and Drinkwitz was on board with that.

The guy is more raw than most players with this type of national ranking. He's got a lot of upside. But it's way more likely that he just wasn't ready to handle the starting gig than it is his coach didn't play him even if he was a better option for feelings-related reasons.
[Reply]
Page 106 of 109
« First < 65696102103104105106 107108109 >
Up