ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 110 of 146
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Monticore 04:14 PM 02-09-2023
Hurts was sacked almost twice as much as Pat with the protection of the run game passing way less , playing mostly with the lead against cupcake opponents all year why is their O line considered the best again when ours had the number one pass win rate.
[Reply]
Womble 04:14 PM 02-09-2023
I'm sure this has already been said in this thread but I can't be fucked to read it: the Eagles defense are basically untested versus an elite offense. They've faced Trevor Lawrence and Aaron Rodgers for half a game. Let's give them a baptism of fire. Our defense has faced far scarier offenses than theirs and have kept us in the game. Let's see if theirs can do the same. My money is on the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:19 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
I'm sure this has already been said in this thread but I can't be ****ed to read it: the Eagles defense are basically untested versus an elite offense. They've faced Trevor Lawrence and Aaron Rodgers for half a game. Let's give them a baptism of fire. Our defense has faced far scarier offenses than theirs and have kept us in the game. Let's see if theirs can do the same. My money is on the Chiefs.
They have given up more 30 point games that us vs much weaker Os 40 to Dak , 35 to Goff 32 to heineke 30+ to bad GB team we gave up 31 to TB in garbage time
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:30 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Monticore:
They have given up more 30 point games that us vs much weaker Os 40 to Dak , 35 to Goff 32 to heineke 30+ to bad GB team we gave up 31 to TB in garbage time
It should be noted that we played Tampa in week 4, without Trent McDuffie and with a bunch of rookies in the secondary.

Since McDuffie came back, the Chiefs have given up more than 24 points just 3 times in 12 games. They've given up 20 or less 7 times and have given up an average of 19.75 points per game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:31 PM 02-09-2023
They haven't given up more than 28 points in any game since McDuffie came back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:38 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They haven't given up more than 28 points in any game since McDuffie came back.
It's a very difficult defense to deal with when McDuffie and Sneed are on the field.

Mostly because Spags is a tinkerer and when he has 2 guys he can put in man coverage out there and one of them is a guy like Sneed that he can put essentially anywhere on the field, it allows him to switch up coverages on a play to play basis and keep QBs guessing.

McDuffie was just such a perfect pick and he's an ideal complement to Sneed. They unlock a TON of what Spags wants to do on the back end. The more I watched that Bengals game, the more I realized how varied Spags was being in his coverage and how much that impacted what Poverty Cleveland was able to do with their passing attack.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:39 PM 02-09-2023
Then you look at the gravity that Jones creates and the complementary nature of Bolton/Gay and Thornhill/Reid - fellas, this defense is REALLY capable. I'm not going to predict a sub 20 point game from Philly....but I won't dismiss the possibility.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:40 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's a very difficult defense to deal with when McDuffie and Sneed are on the field.

Mostly because Spags is a tinkerer and when he has 2 guys he can put in man coverage out there and one of them is a guy like Sneed that he can put essentially anywhere on the field, it allows him to switch up coverages on a play to play basis and keep QBs guessing.

McDuffie was just such a perfect pick and he's an ideal complement to Sneed. They unlock a TON of what Spags wants to do on the back end. The more I watched that Bengals game, the more I realized how varied Spags was being in his coverage and how much that impacted what Poverty Cleveland was able to do with their passing attack.
I truly think McDuffie is going to be as big of a chess piece as Sneed. They can both play outside, they can both play the slot, they can both defend the run well.

You're exactly right. Spags loves to tinker and now he's got TWO guys that can pretty much do everything.
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:40 PM 02-09-2023
538 has us 57/43 in their model.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:40 PM 02-09-2023
Then you look at the gravity that Jones creates and the complementary nature of Bolton/Gay and Thornhill/Reid - fellas, this defense is REALLY capable. I'm not going to predict a sub 20 point game from Philly....but I won't dismiss the possibility.
I would be willing to bet right now that Philly won't score more than 24. I think this defense is going to surprise some people on Sunday.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:42 PM 02-09-2023
I would be willing to bet right now that Philly won't score more than 24. I think this defense is going to surprise some people on Sunday.
I won't be surprised, it's all setup. The Chiefs offense comes out scoring and gets Philly off script which I think will lead to Hurts pressing and turning it over.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:45 PM 02-09-2023
Nate Taylor said on the Times Ours pod that this team was very relaxed. I think they know their enemy and are very confident in their plan.

I mean damn. I would be too. Jalen Hurts is a good player but where would he rank on the AFC playoff side?

Mahomes>Hurts
Burrow>Hurts
Allen>Hurts
Lawrence>Hurts
Herbert>Hurts

I’d say Hurts is better than Tua but I’m not convinced Hurts is better than a healthy Lamar Jackson.

He’s very system dependent just like Jimmy G
[Reply]
Mecca 04:47 PM 02-09-2023
So Florio and Chris Simms both picked the Chiefs, that caught me off guard.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:47 PM 02-09-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
So Florio and Chris Simms both picked the Chiefs, that caught me off guard.
Fuck Florio.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:49 PM 02-09-2023
I truly think McDuffie is going to be as big of a chess piece as Sneed. They can both play outside, they can both play the slot, they can both defend the run well.

You're exactly right. Spags loves to tinker and now he's got TWO guys that can pretty much do everything.
Not yet.

In time, probably. But McDuffie looked real uncomfortable with those slot responsibilities in the Bengals game. He rallied and kept punching and by the end of the game was adequate, but he's not there yet.
[Reply]
Page 110 of 146
« First < 1060100106107108109110 111112113114120 > Last »
Up