ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3756 of 3903
« First < 2756325636563706374637523753375437553756 3757375837593760376638063856 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 01:40 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Well, the history of vaccines against viruses has NEVER produced a vaccine that was superior to natural immunity.

The point of the vaccination is to stimulate your body's immune system to protect you against a virus without making you sick.

We already have studies coming in that natural immunity is not only stronger against infection but better against variants and has more durability (the vaccines don't seem to produce working memory which is why people are calling for boosters so quickly).

Can I tell you EXACTLY how much protection I have (I had Covid in August)? No, but I know I am more protected than people getting the jab.
Building natural immunity against the Black Plague was a real hassle for people in Europe.

I guess the question is whether the disease is mild enough that you're glad risking it to prevent a second case. I don't see any argument for rolling a roulette death wheel even if the odds are low. I'll take a roll on the non-death wheel instead.
[Reply]
O.city 01:51 PM 09-30-2021

Oklahoma posted reinfection v breakthrough rates ��

Currently reinfection to breakthrough 2:1 ratio pic.twitter.com/TkceCHtK3q

— Juli798686 (@juli_bg_bs) September 30, 2021

[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 01:51 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Building natural immunity against the Black Plague was a real hassle for people in Europe.

I guess the question is whether the disease is mild enough that you're glad risking it to prevent a second case. I don't see any argument for rolling a roulette death wheel even if the odds are low. I'll take a roll on the non-death wheel instead.
I'd like the non-death wheel too please.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:13 PM 09-30-2021

Luckily for us Covid is nothing like the Black Plague which wiped out 1/3 of Europe. Instead, US population grew from last year during Covid.

But none of this, while an interesting side-tour, has anything to do with my original point which is that the current thought leadership in the US is pretending natural immunity doesn't exist.

That nurse on the front line working without a vaccine didn't have a choice to get Covid or not. That person bringing you food while you Doordashed and took pictures of yourself didn't get a choice. The person working the packing plants and stocking the shelves didn't get a choice.

They all got Covid while they were catering to the professional and managerial classes and now we are going to pretend they don't have immunity to the virus.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:33 PM 09-30-2021
If you can provide an example where a vaccine against a virus was superior to natural immunity I will definitely check it out.

My thoughts are just what I learned watching lectures and Q and A's from top immunology, virology types in Spring 2020.

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 03:05 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Additional risk, no benefit.

The point of the vaccine was to simulate encountering the virus without getting sick.

I don't need a simulation, my body just dealt with the real thing.

The only benefit would be to show politicians I am personally compliant and obedient. To me that is not really a benefit.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 05:06 PM 09-30-2021

If Covid is being compared to the black plague.

What is heart disease? The Apocalypse?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 06:21 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
If Covid is being compared to the black plague.

What is heart disease? The Apocalypse?
I really hate the term I'm about to.use because it has been co opted by a bunch of morons, but this is a false equivalence. Car fatalities would have made a little more sense at least since many of the deaths were caused by another party.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:15 PM 09-30-2021
Additional risk, no benefit.

The point of the vaccine was to simulate encountering the virus without getting sick.

I don't need a simulation, my body just dealt with the real thing.

The only benefit would be to show politicians I am personally compliant and obedient. To me that is not really a benefit.
Where are you getting that?

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...DC_921-DM63289
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:35 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Where are you getting that?

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...DC_921-DM63289
It's telling that they would cherry pick one state and two months to turn that garbage out.

Makary of Johns Hopkins called it garbage.

Desperate people do shoddy work like this.

They know they are lying.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 04:12 AM 10-01-2021
It's telling that they would cherry pick one state and two months to turn that garbage out.

Makary of Johns Hopkins called it garbage.

Desperate people do shoddy work like this.

They know they are lying.
Yeah, I'm sure all the disparate studies showing that vaccination after recovery from infection are bunk.

:-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:20 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Yeah, I'm sure all the disparate studies showing that vaccination after recovery from infection are bunk.

:-)
If they are like the Kentucky "study", then that's pure garbage.

Can you explain why people that had measles or small pox were not asked to get a vaccine before?

Hard for me to understand this new Pharma $cience...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 06:30 AM 10-01-2021
If they are like the Kentucky "study", then that's pure garbage.

Can you explain why people that had measles or small pox were not asked to get a vaccine before?

Hard for me to understand this new Pharma $cience...
How about all the international ones, like from the UK or Israel?

You seem to love both when they give a morsel that supports your thoughts, like when they say infection acquired immunity is very good protection.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 06:40 AM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
How about all the international ones, like from the UK or Israel?

You seem to love both when they give a morsel that supports your thoughts, like when they say infection acquired immunity is very good protection.
You didn't answer the question.

Why this new turn in immunology?

We have never vaccinated the recovered for any other disease before.
[Reply]
dirk digler 07:01 AM 10-01-2021
You didn't answer the question.

Why this new turn in immunology?

We have never vaccinated the recovered for any other disease before.
Yes they vaccinate for HPV which I am sure you know all about :-)

Oh and they say the HPV vaccine is much better than getting HPV.
[Reply]
Page 3756 of 3903
« First < 2756325636563706374637523753375437553756 3757375837593760376638063856 > Last »
Up