ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3755 of 3903
« First < 2755325536553705374537513752375337543755 3756375737583759376538053855 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:42 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Not doubting you, but do you have a link? I'd like to learn more.
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Here ya go TLO,

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...he-official-co
And another from Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/world/india/...hs-2021-07-20/

I couldn't find the original article I read that detailed how they came up with the numbers.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:55 PM 09-30-2021
The science before The Science.

Well this can't be true.https://t.co/9DeKvFMqca

— Stinson Norwood �������� (@snorman1776) September 30, 2021

[Reply]
TLO 01:00 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
The science before The Science.

I'm not sure on this, but I'm thinking the natural immunity with something like measles is far different than natural immunity vs a coronavirus.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:02 PM 09-30-2021
[insert 3 hours of dissecting everything wrong with Twitter "research" and how two things that may seem counterintuitive at a glance to prop up an agenda can actually make sense if you force yourself to think about it for 3 seconds]

Glad that's over.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 01:07 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Dude , I know .
It doesn't seem like you do.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:12 PM 09-30-2021
I'm not sure on this, but I'm thinking the natural immunity with something like measles is far different than natural immunity vs a coronavirus.
The major point is that we always recognized natural immunity and now they claim this one virus is different than all the other ones in human history where we don't have have it.

The science didn't change.

We can get into the unknowns of how long it lasts (my guess is against severe disease more than a decade but maybe shorter for protection against infection. Which would still be pretty good since the vaccines have people getting infected a month after getting jabbed).

The original Sars tcells were still recognizing it 17 years later.
[Reply]
penguinz 01:15 PM 09-30-2021
You are 100% correct. MM is and idiot.
[Reply]
TLO 01:17 PM 09-30-2021
The major point is that we always recognized natural immunity and now they claim this one virus is different than all the other ones in human history where we don't have have it.

The science didn't change.

We can get into the unknowns of how long it lasts (my guess is against severe disease more than a decade but maybe shorter for protection against infection. Which would still be pretty good since the vaccines have people getting infected a month after getting jabbed).

The original Sars tcells were still recognizing it 17 years later.
I don't think you'll find most reasonable people arguing that natural immunity has no benefit.

I think the degree of benefit it actually provides is still up in the air.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:20 PM 09-30-2021
Been real hesitant to say anything about it, but screw it. Lumpy's current husband has been in the hospital for nearly a month now and is fighting for his life. And if that's not bad enough, last night he suffered a heart attack. I don't see how he survives this. And no, not vaxxed.

Just get the fucking vax....
[Reply]
Monticore 01:20 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Ninerfan11:
It doesn't seem like you do.
It says it in the article.
[Reply]
TLO 01:23 PM 09-30-2021
Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Been real hesitant to say anything about it, but screw it. Lumpy's current husband has been in the hospital for nearly a month now and is fighting for his life. And if that's not bad enough, last night he suffered a heart attack. I don't see how he survives this. And no, not vaxxed.

Just get the ****ing vax....
That is very sad to hear. :-)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:24 PM 09-30-2021
I don't think you'll find most reasonable people arguing that natural immunity has no benefit.

I think the degree of benefit it actually provides is still up in the air.
Well, the history of vaccines against viruses has NEVER produced a vaccine that was superior to natural immunity.

The point of the vaccination is to stimulate your body's immune system to protect you against a virus without making you sick.

We already have studies coming in that natural immunity is not only stronger against infection but better against variants and has more durability (the vaccines don't seem to produce working memory which is why people are calling for boosters so quickly).

Can I tell you EXACTLY how much protection I have (I had Covid in August)? No, but I know I am more protected than people getting the jab.
[Reply]
Bugeater 01:25 PM 09-30-2021
That is very sad to hear. :-)
They have a young daughter together. It's fucking heartbreaking...and this on the heels of Gonzo's passing.
[Reply]
TLO 01:29 PM 09-30-2021
Well, the history of vaccines against viruses has NEVER produced a vaccine that was superior to natural immunity.

The point of the vaccination is to stimulate your body's immune system to protect you against a virus without making you sick.

We already have studies coming in that natural immunity is not only stronger against infection but better against variants and has more durability (the vaccines don't seem to produce working memory which is why people are calling for boosters so quickly).

Can I tell you EXACTLY how much protection I have (I had Covid in August)? No, but I know I am more protected than people getting the jab.
I disagree with almost every point you made, but I don't see the point in explaining why when it's not going to make a single bit of difference anyway.

We'll just agree to disagree.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:31 PM 09-30-2021
I disagree with almost every point you made, but I don't see the point in explaining why when it's not going to make a single bit of difference anyway.

We'll just agree to disagree.
If you can provide an example where a vaccine against a virus was superior to natural immunity I will definitely check it out.

My thoughts are just what I learned watching lectures and Q and A's from top immunology, virology types in Spring 2020.
[Reply]
Page 3755 of 3903
« First < 2755325536553705374537513752375337543755 3756375737583759376538053855 > Last »
Up