ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Injury update [everyone's up except DOD]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:55 AM 01-16-2019

Eric Berry will practice today for the #Chiefs.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) January 16, 2019

Andy Reid says only LB Dorian O'Daniel won't practice today. That means S Eric Berry will practice today in some capacity.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) January 16, 2019

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:43 PM 01-18-2019
Looks like Eric Berry is going new age/holistic...

Eric Berry said in terms avoiding rust with so much time off, he’s taken a lot of mental reps, taken an added focus and also meditation.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 18, 2019

[Reply]
SupDock 01:49 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by Simply Red:
why? seems pretty bullshit free to me. He knows it's not up to him.
He said he was unwilling to explain and that there are explanations. That's a strange answer.

Our definitions of bullshit may not be the same
[Reply]
El Jefe 01:54 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I honestly can't fathom people not wanting Berry to play.

They cut Parker and he's practiced all week. If he's 80% of the player he was, he's better than any other DB we have, including Fuller.

Let bygones be bygones, it's time to win the Lamar Hunt Trophy!
QFT, it makes no sense to me. Berry can help us win, and at the end of the day, if we win this game, who really cares how long he was out this year? We need to get a W, and he is arguably one of our best players on defense even if he isn't 100%.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:55 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
It's not a grudge thing for me. I just know that the 2 games he took any snaps we lost.
If there was any spec of evidence that one had something to do with the other you might have a point. But you don't.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:56 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Im telling you, the guy is refusing to take pain meds of any kind. I think that's why this has taken so long.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:57 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Im telling you, the guy is refusing to take pain meds of any kind. I think that's why this has taken so long.
Taking pain meds to numb the heel is probably how he tore his last achilles.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 01:58 PM 01-18-2019
Maybe docs have told Berry there is a chance of injury - if he plays - so bad that he might be unable to walk thereafter???? (the reason it's up to Reid or others...)

IDK.......but if he's on the field, we're probably a better defensive unit for it.
[Reply]
Hydrae 01:59 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

Getting his spirit in line.

God, I hated saying that but it seemed appropriate. I have hated all the "spirit" comments the last few weeks and here I go, adding to it.
[Reply]
FringeNC 02:03 PM 01-18-2019
I don't even see the point of putting Berry in front of the press at this point. He comes across as a loon. The fact that he has been a full participant in practice suggests that he will play. Better just to ignore everything he said.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:03 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Taking pain meds to numb the heel is probably how he tore his last achilles.
This doesn't make sense
[Reply]
SupDock 02:05 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by DJJasonp:
Maybe docs have told Berry there is a chance of injury - if he plays - so bad that he might be unable to walk thereafter???? (the reason it's up to Reid or others...)

IDK.......but if he's on the field, we're probably a better defensive unit for it.
If that's true, how could it be anyone's decision but his own. Unless he wants to go and Reid doesn't want him to? If that's the case why is he practicing?
[Reply]
Lzen 02:14 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes. I’m a little concerned bc he struggled in the last game though.

Think we need to erase Edelman completely.
That was offensive PI all the way. Fuller actually had pretty good coverage.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 02:20 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by SupDock:
If that's true, how could it be anyone's decision but his own. Unless he wants to go and Reid doesn't want him to? If that's the case why is he practicing?
Not sure - maybe that opens the team up for negligence???? Either way - let's just hope he's out there, and makes a difference.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:30 PM 01-18-2019
I'll admit that this whole deal with Berry all year has kind of soured me on him. But if he can play the whole game this week and helps the Chiefs win, I'll be happy. Having him in there is definitely better than not having him in there. But not if he can't go a full game. I would guess that since he's been a full participant in practice all week that he will play the whole game this week.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 02:34 PM 01-18-2019
Originally Posted by Lzen:
That was offensive PI all the way. Fuller actually had pretty good coverage.
not in todays nfl, offensive guys in the endzone can run into a defender and shove them off and turn around and catch a pass
[Reply]
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Up