ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Matt Nagy will be fired after Thanksgiving game
siberian khatru 10:36 AM 11-23-2021
So he has something in common with turkeys: They're both cooked Thursday.

A Pulitzer-prize winning Chicago reporter, @Konkolskorner, who doesn't regularly cover the Bears, reports that coach Matt Nagy has been told he'll be fired after Thursday's game at Detroit. https://t.co/47b6nzceyW

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) November 23, 2021

[Reply]
gblowfish 03:57 PM 11-23-2021
Andy Dalton throwing six yard check downs on third and nine.... sigh...
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 04:07 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by chiefforlife:
Nagy scouted Trubisky as he was in the same draft as Mahomes. He knew what he was getting when he took the job.

Trubisky was actually starting to look the part when they cut him loose. Bad decision to let him go, he signed as a back up (bad decision on his part) but that also says he would not have cost much to keep. They could still have drafted Fields and let the two battle it out but not need to put Fields out there right away.

Fields first game with Nagy was the worst Ive seen as far as putting your rookie QB in harms way the entire fucking game. Fields should have sued Nagy for assault and negligence after that game. It was the kind of game that can ruin a young QB. Seriously.

Nagy is awful as a head coach and deserves to be fired! I say that as a fan of his that was very disappointed when we lost him.

I believe Kafka is the next OC if EB moves on. In fact, I think we will lose Kafka if he isnt promoted. Gonna have to make a tough decision on Bienemy if someone doesnt hire him away.
I also think Kafka is gone if we don’t move him up this offseason. Don’t want to lose him.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 11-23-2021, 04:12 PM
This message has been deleted by Coochie liquor.
HemiEd 06:23 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
Is he really doing that bad a job?
YES Did you watch the game Sunday?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:27 PM 11-23-2021
Bring him home Andy!
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:38 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
Whoever scheduled the Bears and Lions on Thanksgiving deserves to be fired more than Nagy.
Whoever insists that the Lions and Cowboys should always play on Thanksgiving should be...

Well, maybe I won't go there and I don't actually get a chance to watch the Thanksgiving games very close anyway so go ahead and schedule crappy/annoying teams.

And if the Lions are going to play, schedule an opponent that might make for a competitive game. Bears seem reasonable.
[Reply]
Hoover 06:43 PM 11-23-2021
Never trust a bald man who wears a visor.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:50 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Bring him home Andy!
The Josh McDaniels treatment!
[Reply]
Frazod 07:39 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Spott:
Whoever scheduled the Bears and Lions on Thanksgiving deserves to be fired more than Nagy.
God, that's no shit. The only thing compelling about that game is whether or not the Bears are bad enough to hand Detroit their first win of the season, and sadly, they probably are. I was sick of the Dallas/Detroit Thanksgiving stranglehold when I was a kid, and I'm exponentially more sick of it now.

Nagy being fired is a foregone conclusion; it's just a matter of time. Pace broke him and the fans hate him. Bad luck, injuries and way too many high drafts picks thrown away on three guys who won't even see the field this week unless Josh Allen gets hurt. A lot of it isn't his fault, but it just doesn't matter at this point. His is the head that will be served up.
[Reply]
HemiEd 08:06 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
God, that's no shit. The only thing compelling about that game is whether or not the Bears are bad enough to hand Detroit their first win of the season, and sadly, they probably are. I was sick of the Dallas/Detroit Thanksgiving stranglehold when I was a kid, and I'm exponentially more sick of it now.

Nagy being fired is a foregone conclusion; it's just a matter of time. Pace broke him and the fans hate him. Bad luck, injuries and way too many high drafts picks thrown away on three guys who won't even see the field this week unless Josh Allen gets hurt. A lot of it isn't his fault, but it just doesn't matter at this point. His is the head that will be served up.
Gotta love the big market
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:42 PM 11-23-2021
Why would a team do that? That's like people who wait to fire an employee at the end of the day/shift. If you're bad enough that I'm going to let you go this afternoon, you're bad enough to get the fuck out now.
[Reply]
Bump 08:49 PM 11-23-2021
whoever was responsible for picking tribisky over Mahomes should have been fired halfway through Mahomes's 2nd season. Glad they did though.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 05:39 PM 11-24-2021

Source: George McCaskey addressed the Bears players and coaches today and told them there was no truth to the report that Matt Nagy will be fired after the game Thursday.

— Dan Pompei (@danpompei) November 24, 2021

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:42 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
I wonder if that's because he has already been fired, and told that Thursday is his last game, but only because of the short week?

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:26 PM 11-24-2021
I don't get it. The Bears had a great team. Nearly beat the Eagles, really good offense, great defense and Nagy never drafted Mitch. Now they can't do anything.

I feel bad for Matt. He was a really good coach here. If EB moves on I wouldn't mind having him back as OC.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:29 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Why would a team do that? That's like people who wait to fire an employee at the end of the day/shift. If you're bad enough that I'm going to let you go this afternoon, you're bad enough to get the **** out now.
That way they get a full day's work out of you.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 6
< 12345 6 >
Up