[Reply]
Prison Bitch 09:57 PM 04-20-2021
14 runs allowed

Nice pitching

Keller needs an ass reaming
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:02 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
What in the actual fuck are you doing Benintendi?

I thought all you guys said that was a great trade?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:03 PM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Benny needs to ride the bench

Great trade huh?
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:35 PM 04-20-2021
The AB trade really kinda pissed me off. I really liked Khalil Lee and to trade him away for 2 years of AB seemed stupid as fuck.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:37 PM 04-20-2021
When the fuck is Mondesi supposed to be back?
[Reply]
sweendog48 04:05 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The AB trade really kinda pissed me off. I really liked Khalil Lee and to trade him away for 2 years of AB seemed stupid as ****.
I was rather surprised when they made the trade with Lee involved because he is a left handed hitter with a similar skill set to Benintendi, but a stronger arm and more power and 21 years old and had a high walk rate, so did they just sour on him or was there another factor, and again let me say, I have no idea, this is just a theory or a wild speculative guess, but I remember last year when they said that Metheny gives people books to read and they will give him one back to read and lee gave him a book called, Race Matters. Is it possible that knowing how the Royals value Character and team chemistry and family that they might have thought he could be an issue in there club house and even with the fan base if he is some big social justice warrior type, I mean they see how divisive it is in society, just food for thought.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:16 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by sweendog48:
I was rather surprised when they made the trade with Lee involved because he is a left handed hitter with a similar skill set to Benintendi, but a stronger arm and more power and 21 years old and had a high walk rate, so did they just sour on him or was there another factor, and again let me say, I have no idea, this is just a theory or a wild speculative guess, but I remember last year when they said that Metheny gives people books to read and they will give him one back to read and lee gave him a book called, Race Matters. Is it possible that knowing how the Royals value Character and team chemistry and family that they might have thought he could be an issue in there club house and even with the fan base if he is some big social justice warrior type, I mean they see how divisive it is in society, just food for thought.
I always liked Lee too. I haven't seen how he is doing with the Mets but it wouldn't surprise me if he was doing well.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:56 AM 04-21-2021
They got a close look at Lee last year against more advanced arms. You’d like to believe that if they were comfortable moving him, they saw something (or failed to see something) in that up-close look that changed their mind on him. And that they saw something with Benintendi that made them think he’d get back to the player he was in 18.

But if that book swap story is true, I could see that potentially being a reason they decided to move on. Wouldn’t be happy about it from a talent management or social perspective.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:58 AM 04-21-2021
Pitching was not good last night, but defense was atrocious and set up the pitching to fail.

If Royals play solid defense, you can probably take at least 7 runs off the board, they don't go as deep into their bullpen, don't burn so many bullpen arms earlier in the game, etc.

Just a bad all around performance by pitching and defense, but defense set the table last night. Merrifield looks awful at 2B right now, not sure WTF is going on with him.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but we could really use Mondi right now. Too bad he's a brokedick and probably gonna miss like another month. :-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 08:03 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
I always liked Lee too. I haven't seen how he is doing with the Mets but it wouldn't surprise me if he was doing well.
Not sure how he's doing in the minors, but in spring training this year with the Mets he was hitless in 18 AB's.

So there's that . . . . . . .
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:32 AM 04-21-2021
That book swap story is the EXACT type of talk radio drama that the Bible study one was for the Cards :-). Are there any articles about the book swap or is it just chatter?
[Reply]
tk13 08:50 AM 04-21-2021
I'm not too worried about Benintendi yet. It's been a weird season so far, we've faced about 27 left handed starters in a row. Not really ideal for a guy who hits righties better than lefties.

I'm more worried about the defense, he's definitely made a couple sloppy plays out there. Made his 2nd error last night. We've been spoiled, Alex Gordon didn't have more than 2 errors in something like his last 8-9 seasons. Errors aren't everything for an OF but sloppy outfield defense at the K isn't what you want to see.

That all said, I liked Khalil Lee but he went 0-16 in Spring Training this year with 1 walk and 9 strikeouts, so I wouldn't exactly go crowning him either.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:04 AM 04-21-2021
Aren't there still two PTBNLs in the deal?
[Reply]
RockChalk 09:06 AM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
That all said, I liked Khalil Lee but he went 0-16 in Spring Training this year with 1 walk and 9 strikeouts, so I wouldn't exactly go crowning him either.
Most fans prefer the piece of shit they don't have rather than the piece of shit they do have
[Reply]
Page 91 of 440
« First < 41818788899091 92939495101141191 > Last »
Up