ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2595 of 3903
« First < 1595209524952545258525912592259325942595 259625972598259926052645269530953595 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:03 AM 07-14-2020
Can you guys take that shit back to your hole in DC?

It'll probably turn out to be some honest mistake like not reporting negatives - which makes the overall % testing for the state look a little worse, but is not inflating the raw numbers.

But no instead let's extrapolate that absolutely NOTHING can ever be trusted again. Truth is dead. Science and math are just another form of propaganda. Etc.

ICUs are filling up. Tests are so backlogged they're taking over a week if you're lucky enough to get one. This spike is not a damn hoax.

Once this thing is thoroughly explained, next week you'll be on to a brand new conspiracy theory, with this one completely forgotten and nothing learned from it. Repeat forever.
[Reply]
Chitownchiefsfan 10:03 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
:-)
Does anyone know the reasons for the discrepancies? Are these the same numbers that go into the cdc reports? Would it make this site in accurate?

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states

I would assume these places are using raw numbers and not the percentages given in these reports.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:08 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Pfizer CEO says their vaccine may be ready by October and they're essentially going to give it away?
I've been saying that I feel like the vaccine would be available before end of the year.

Reason being, for Dr. Fauci to publicly state that there could be a vaccine by the end of the year and not deliver on it would be media suicide. You would have to assume that the end of the year statement was a conservative one to buy them time just in case they couldn't find one any sooner...
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:13 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:

It'll probably turn out to be some honest mistake like not reporting negatives - which makes the overall % testing for the state look a little worse, but is not inflating the raw numbers.

But no instead let's extrapolate that absolutely NOTHING can ever be trusted again. Truth is dead. Science and math are just another form of propaganda. Etc.

ICUs are filling up. Tests are so backlogged they're taking over a week if you're lucky enough to get one. This spike is not a damn hoax.

Once this thing is thoroughly explained, next week you'll be on to a brand new conspiracy theory, with this one completely forgotten and nothing learned from it. Repeat forever.
Look who's panties are in a twist for exactly no reason at all.
[Reply]
Donger 10:15 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Look whose panties are in a twist for exactly no reason at all.
FYP
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am sure you read about this story that just happened where 3 teachers shared the same classroom and they all got Covid and one died. You have to think about the staff as well. Having large groups of people indoors for an extended period of time I just think is pretty scary.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ng/5405651002/
Thats teachers spreading it to each other. We can mitigate that to an extent.

School is all about the kids. It's a social agreement.

If it's not, well, we've got bigger problems. Education and all that comes with it is too damn important. I'm pretty frustrated that once we shut school down in March, we weren't doing everything in our power to figure out how to get them back open in the fall.
[Reply]
O.city 10:18 AM 07-14-2020

Why would you not report negatives?

I haven't seen anyone in here say anything about this spike being a hoax.

Have you read any of the things I've posted in here recently?
[Reply]
loochy 10:20 AM 07-14-2020

That's not DC worthy. People aren't allowed to mistrust data sources that have been proven incorrect?
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 07-14-2020
The CDC director saying it's a bigger public health threat to children to keep schools closed than for them to open mean anything to anyone?
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:23 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Thats teachers spreading it to each other. We can mitigate that to an extent.

School is all about the kids. It's a social agreement.

If it's not, well, we've got bigger problems. Education and all that comes with it is too damn important. I'm pretty frustrated that once we shut school down in March, we weren't doing everything in our power to figure out how to get them back open in the fall.
I share your frustrations. We have failed so far in containing this virus. But I just saw this news which isn't going to make anyone happy.

Israel is now saying fully opening their schools was the reason for the explosions in their cases.

Originally Posted by :
The announcement followed a more cautious experiment of several weeks in which only children in the first, second, and third grades were brought back to classrooms, and taught in small, non-intersecting groups called “capsules.”

Hagai Levine, an epidemiologist at the Braun School of Public Health and Community Medicine of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, and chairman of the Israeli Association of Public Health Physicians, said: “There was no measurable increase in contagion” while the capsules for young children were being tried out.

The association even offered the government an investigation into school-based infections of COVID-19, but was turned down.

Then, Levine says, “contrary to our advice, the government decided to open the entire system all at once on May 17. What happened next was entirely predictable.”

On June 3, two weeks after schools opened, more than 244 students and staff were found to test positive for COVID-19.

According to the education ministry, 2,026 students, teachers, and staff have contracted COVID-19, and 28,147 are in quarantine due to possible contagion.

[Reply]
O.city 10:28 AM 07-14-2020
I did see that this morning. Thats the first place that has reported that whereas we have alot in Europe that are having no problems.

That many being sick that quick in is interesting. Wonder if it may have happened previously?
[Reply]
O.city 10:31 AM 07-14-2020
It doesn't effect my family, wife works from home anyway.

But what are two parent working househoulds supposed to do if there isn't any school?
[Reply]
Donger 10:32 AM 07-14-2020
FWIW, not peer-reviewed and I really hope it's wrong:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1...429v1.full.pdf
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:33 AM 07-14-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
That's not DC worthy. People aren't allowed to mistrust data sources that have been proven incorrect?
Sure, but of course the next logical step for them is always this:

Originally Posted by F150:
believe nothing we read,see or hear
Basically truth is dead. Science is all a lie (or at least any of it I don't want to believe). Every local, county and state health directors and all epidemiologists are in on some big scam (obviously never overtly said because of how ridiculous it sounds, just implied). Etc.

It's like finding out that in some cases covid patients pay more, and then immediately extrapolating that tons of hospitals across the country are massively over-counting deaths for that sweet extra $6k or w/e. The most important part is when you sneer at anyone else so naive to think it's not happening. The sneer is key.

The same way with this Florida thing. No one is making different decisions or freaking out if the Florida positivity rate is 20% or 23%. Show there's some actual impact here and not just overloaded clinics failing to report negative tests for some reason. But they don't do that - they just point to one screwup somewhere and say "trust nothing". Which is by design.
[Reply]
KS Smitty 10:34 AM 07-14-2020
The school thing is a mess with many parents wanting/needing to send their kids back and other parents concerned it's too soon. I know some that are planning homeschooling either way and it will be interesting to see what decisions get made. Here is an interesting read from an elementary teacher, who brings up some valid points/questions, although some may find them extreme but leaves her political comments 'til the end. "25 children standing three feet apart is a line over 75 feet long."

https://mrsteacherlife.wordpress.com...mfEOJp_-QRbQ2g
[Reply]
Page 2595 of 3903
« First < 1595209524952545258525912592259325942595 259625972598259926052645269530953595 > Last »
Up