Page 292 of 934
« First < 192242282288289290291292 293294295296302342392792 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
johnny961 12:17 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Long Darden cuz Ma and Pop shops are probably screwed.

Yep. I've already staked my bets. Darden along with Texas Roadhouse, Bloomin Brands, and a handful of other well established casual dine in/carry out chains in the sector. I, like you am seeing a scenario where a considerable number of smaller offerings could go bankrupt. But my thinking is that a good number of the larger non pizza or fast food chains that are getting pounded right now are going to survive. I'm expecting a fair share of volatility and some short term losses until the market as a whole starts to see some light at the end of the tunnel. Like I mentioned , I've been wrong before. But that's the way I am seeing it.
[Reply]
scho63 01:41 PM 04-01-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
TD Ameritrade.
When will the integration to Schwab be completed?

I hated when TD bought Scottrade. I hope they create another Scottrade. It was the best and most concise online brokerage. TD Ameritrade was so fucked up with too many bells and whistles and overkill.

I wanted to create my own simple layout and it was just a fucking eyesore on what they made you have on your home page.

I have Wells Fargo now and it sucks, so far behind the times.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:22 PM 04-01-2020
Now is not the time to get foolish. Let's talk about long term investing in sound companies. Here's my current list of positions I'm looking to add during this downturn for long term growth.

Johnson and Johnson
Visa
McDonald's
Apple
Catepillar (I question having this included)
Nike
Honeywell

Companies you'd add?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:28 PM 04-01-2020
Why are you questioning Cat?

Are their financials bad?
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:35 PM 04-01-2020
I'd throw in:
Ardent Mills - Fuckasses are hoarding flour. Wheat price took a shit today. Things are looking up in the short term.

Probably Tyson and Con Agri. Packer margins are at record highs. After the fuckery lets loose they should figure it out.
[Reply]
Neuromancer 07:39 AM 04-02-2020
Amazon, Google, Microsoft, Apple
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:23 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by :
The Mortgage Bankers Association in a dire letter to regulators Sunday warned that the U.S. housing market is “in danger of large-scale disruption,” due to efforts by the Federal Reserve that were intended to help rescue the mortgage market.

At issue are the Fed’s unprecedented $183 billion of purchases last week of mortgage-backed securities. The purchases were meant to drive down rates, and they did.

But together with the storm that gripped financial markets from the coronavirus, they also effectively blew up a widespread hedge that mortgage bankers use to protect themselves against rate increases. The hedge pays them if the prevailing rate in the market is higher than the mortgage rate they locked in with the customer.

Source

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Buehler445 09:23 AM 04-02-2020
Aww hell. Nobody thought of that huh?

Speaking of hedges, I got out of my wheat spread and my hedges are all making money now. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:30 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Aww hell. Nobody thought of that huh?

Speaking of hedges, I got out of my wheat spread and my hedges are all making money now. :-) :-)
I've had my trading account flagged as a PDT and I'm needing to meet margin requirement in order to do any additional trades.

So today has been fun.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:34 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Now is not the time to get foolish. Let's talk about long term investing in sound companies. Here's my current list of positions I'm looking to add during this downturn for long term growth.

Johnson and Johnson
Visa
McDonald's
Apple
Catepillar (I question having this included)
Nike
Honeywell

Companies you'd add?
3M is nicely priced and pays good dividends. Great long term hold.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:42 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
3M is nicely priced and pays good dividends. Great long term hold.
And they're a major mask maker. They got a contract a couple of weeks ago to make 35 million masks, and you figure more orders are coming.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:11 AM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
I've had my trading account flagged as a PDT and I'm needing to meet margin requirement in order to do any additional trades.

So today has been fun.
Pattern Day Trader? Is that what you mean by PDT?

Last year I had enough margin calls. I got whipsawed on a bunch of hedge positions, because I thought I knew what I was doing. Ended up fine because I still had the physical, but motherfucker, approving those ACHs are ass. I've had enough (As I sit here with a bunch of hedges through contracts on LOL).

Side story that probably only I think is funny, but I talked to an old guy I bought this sprayer from. Got a call from my broker. On call. Whatever, approve the ACH. He told me he had cattle hedged in the 80s, whatever year the market was limit down for something retarded like 12 days in a row or something fucking horrific. Anyway he told me the secretary for the broker would always call at the same time and had some cringey voice that was like nails on a chalkboard, "STAN, you're on call again today." I'll probably never forget the face he made. I laughed for days about that.

But yeah, that cattle market in the 80s. Those guys were tough sons of bitches. Paying ridiculous interest and daily limit margin calls. :-)
[Reply]
MahiMike 12:56 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by MahiMike:
Speaking of great dividends I just bought KOL. 17% dividends. Wow.

Also bought USO. Oil won't get much cheaper than this.

Both longterm plays.
USO up 17% today. Doubled down today w/HAL.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:27 PM 04-02-2020
Anyone venturing into the Airlines? or am I the only idiot?
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 03:30 PM 04-02-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
And they're a major mask maker. They got a contract a couple of weeks ago to make 35 million masks, and you figure more orders are coming.
Exactly this!
[Reply]
Page 292 of 934
« First < 192242282288289290291292 293294295296302342392792 > Last »
Up