ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign a rugby player
RunKC 05:46 PM 03-27-2024
Interesting

Rugby star Louis Rees-Zammit will be signing with the #Chiefs on Friday, per sources.

After working out and impressing Kansas City’s staff earlier this week, they have agreed on terms. I’m told Rees-Zammit will be playing RB/WR. pic.twitter.com/o6ftzwhC6F

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 27, 2024

[Reply]
Nickhead 04:05 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Shag:
This is our chance to own the Haka in the NFL. Would be an incredible addition to the 3peat run, instill fear into our enemies.
too many knobs on this board, he's not from new zealand either.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 04:11 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by jdubya:
My only point being, this isnt the first time a rugby to football conversion has been attempted. I live here in NorCal and remember the hype.

Just saying every year there are hundreds of phenomenal athletes in the US that have played football their entire lives and cant transition to the NFL. Its a long shot for a guy who has never played to have success here.

Having said that, with the new KO rules might enter new strategies and Andy is second to none in placing people in places to have success so Im not counting anybody out lol.
I just think that as the NFL gains more international attention, it’s only a matter of time that more players start taking an interest in the game at a young age and we’ll start seeing a small trickle of guys making NFL rosters.
[Reply]
lewdog 04:24 PM 03-30-2024
I ordered his jersey already.
[Reply]
Megatron96 06:50 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
So essentially a shittier version of Deanthony Thomas, and he will be ritualistically slaughtered every time he sees the field, because the only time he's on the field it will be a play for him specifically.

"shittier"? I don't know. Maybe. I guess we'll see sooner or later. But as someone already said, every year there are dozens of guys drafted because they're fast, and those guys usually played football in HS and college, and most of them can't play at the NFL level, so I'm not exactly holding my breath with this guy.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:40 PM 03-30-2024
Yep. I'm going to go full on homer douche on this one.

Give him the Skyy Moore stupid easy-open schemed wide the fuck open looks and let him go.

I'm not sure how I feel about him at RB. He's going to have to learn pass pro, which might be a steep hill for him. But give him cleared out lanes or comebacks and let's go.

Skyy got a totally insane amount of easy looks. And it turns out he's straight trash let's give an athlete those looks.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:20 PM 03-30-2024
Ree's Summit, KR!
[Reply]
kevrunner 10:44 PM 03-30-2024
Christian Wade gave it a go with the Bills a few years ago, he was 27 years old, has a faster recorded time than Rees-Zammit, but couldn’t make it in the NFL. He said it was so much harder than he thought, everyone is competing for a job and most of the guys have been playing since they were 5 years old. He thinks Rees-Zammit has a better chance than him since he is only 23. He did look good on this play though:

Former rugby 🏉 player turned Running Back Christian Wade takes his first carry in the #NFL to the house! 65 yard TD carry with some very impressive breakaway speed.#NFL100 #Bills #HubU 🏈 pic.twitter.com/cqAzrGBCsB

— Universal Sports Hub (@SportsHubU) August 9, 2019

[Reply]
JPH83 11:41 PM 03-30-2024
Originally Posted by kevrunner:
Christian Wade gave it a go with the Bills a few years ago, he was 27 years old, has a faster recorded time than Rees-Zammit, but couldn’t make it in the NFL. He said it was so much harder than he thought, everyone is competing for a job and most of the guys have been playing since they were 5 years old. He thinks Rees-Zammit has a better chance than him since he is only 23. He did look good on this play though:

Tbh Wade had much better lateral speed than Zammit, albeit maybe a little less long speed. Despite the age he always struck me as a better athletic profile. But yeah maybe the age difference gives Zammit a shot.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 10:06 AM 03-31-2024
Does he ice down at home with a bag of mushy peas
[Reply]
Womble 02:47 PM 04-04-2024
He's watching the Chelsea vs Manchester United match at Stamford Bridge and he's with the United fans. Not good. Not good.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:39 PM 04-09-2024

[Reply]
Dante84 06:21 PM 04-09-2024
Good listen. He confirms his goal and primary focus is to be the kick returner based on the new rules, and then as he ramps and learns the playbook, he’ll be in the backfield and slot, and whatever other creative ways they can find him the ball.

Also cool listening to the rugby guys geeking out about Mahomes and Kelce, and hearing him talk about how it was a no-brainer to pick the Chiefs despite several other teams being interested. He visited with Cleveland, NYJ, and Denver before us, and had other teams lined up after but cancelled them.

He also said he was pissed at his 4.4 forty time on the Scout day, because he had been running it in the 4.2’s and 3’s. Unreal.
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:01 PM 04-09-2024
This dude is blown away by the Chiefs facilities and dental coverage so thats a plus
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:05 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
He's watching the Chelsea vs Manchester United match at Stamford Bridge and he's with the United fans. Not good. Not good.

I don’t know what any of the bullshit in this post means lol
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:32 PM 04-09-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I don’t know what any of the bullshit in this post means lol
It means he’s going to wreck a triumph on the Willy gagga while zooming with blokes with some fuzz in the car like Rashee did.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up