ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 191
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>2024 WR Class
Couch-Potato 08:45 PM 10-10-2023
Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:44 PM 02-05-2024
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
I'm out on Franklin personally. For much of the same reasons I was out on Hyatt last year.i would bet, barring an exceptional combine, Franklin falls out of the top 50 this year.
For me it's Adonai Mitchell, he just looks too slow on tape to me. There's not enough spark in his game to get me excited enough to take him in the 1st and I don't think he fits our play style at all.
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 02-06-2024
He is a similar type player to Hyatt.....I dunno fellas.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 08:35 AM 02-06-2024
The primary flaw is the lack of lateral agility on tape. Granted, you can take my opinion with a mountain of salt, as I am still focused on the NFL and haven't watched much of his non highlight stuff and haven't watched much of the rest of the class yet. Fast is good, but agility and acceleration makes for a player with a better route tree and separation in the NFL, imo. I have Legette higher at first blush for this reason. His ability to change speed to create separation will result in more productivity, imo
[Reply]
O.city 08:39 AM 02-06-2024
I didn't think Legette showed his agility very well at the SR bowl from the clips I watched though.

I dunno. I'm just not blown away by any of the WR's we're gonna be in a spot for.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:47 AM 02-06-2024
Franklin seems a lot more quick-twitch to me.

If you're looking to be blown away by acceleration and twitchiness, you should be watching Roman Wilson. There's some strong DeSean Jackson vibes there.

If the Chiefs add a good veteran or two to the room from FA, I could be OK with Wilson as the top guy they add in the draft. Same with Burton.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:28 AM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I didn't think Legette showed his agility very well at the SR bowl from the clips I watched though.

I dunno. I'm just not blown away by any of the WR's we're gonna be in a spot for.
Woulda been nice if he'd made a standout play at the Sr Bowl.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 09:37 AM 02-06-2024
What's the deal with Malik Washington? Sounds like a great fit at the slot in maybe the 3rd or 4th but I haven't seen his name come up around here?

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 AM 02-06-2024
I'm completely out on any WRs below 5'11'' unless they're Tyreek Hill level athletes. You can thank Skyy Moore for that.

Malik Washington isn't anywhere near the athlete Hill is. He's probably not even quite the athlete Moore was.

I mean that is damn near a carbon copy of Skyy Moore's scouting report. Right down to the "This WR breaks tackles" as a feather in his cap. Fellas, that's like saying that the napkins are folded really well at a restaurant. That's scraping the bottom of the barrel to find positives for a player.

Nah - I don't even think I'd bother with Washington on Day 3. I've seen enough of those guys. When your upside is "he might be Richie James someday" then I really have little use for you.
[Reply]
O.city 10:18 AM 02-06-2024
I'm in the 5"11-6"2 range for a WR. Anything outside of that is just gotta be an outlier athletically.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
I'm in the 5"11-6"2 range for a WR. Anything outside of that is just gotta be an outlier athletically.
6'1'' and about 195 lbs is pretty much the prototype for WRs I tend to prefer.

Outside of your range, you're looking at unicorns. Taller than that and you're looking at guys like Julio Jones and Megatron - planet sized human beings that don't move like it. Or one-trick ponies like Evans. Shorter than that and you need Tyreek Hill or Antonio Brown. Hill is lightning and Brown was just about a perfect technical WR.

There are exceptions here and there, but I wouldn't be inclined to gamble on them heavily.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:33 AM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Whoa! Hot take!

Buuuuuut he's not alone, Jeremiah and 1 or 2 others I've seen have Franklin going in the 2nd. Many others have him going at the very bottom of first, typically to us or the Bills. CP has fallen in love with him a bit and projects him to rise in the draft post combine, but we might be forgetting that Oregon's offenses gets a similar asterisk to TEN offenses... don't they? I'm not 100% sure, again, I'm not a college football fan just a draft junkie.
Ok, wait. Looking for additional opinions on this.

Does the league view Oregon's offense the same way they do TEN?

Are we too high on Franklin based on some gimmick offense?
[Reply]
JPH83 01:05 PM 02-06-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm completely out on any WRs below 5'11'' unless they're Tyreek Hill level athletes. You can thank Skyy Moore for that.

Malik Washington isn't anywhere near the athlete Hill is. He's probably not even quite the athlete Moore was.

I mean that is damn near a carbon copy of Skyy Moore's scouting report. Right down to the "This WR breaks tackles" as a feather in his cap. Fellas, that's like saying that the napkins are folded really well at a restaurant. That's scraping the bottom of the barrel to find positives for a player.

Nah - I don't even think I'd bother with Washington on Day 3. I've seen enough of those guys. When your upside is "he might be Richie James someday" then I really have little use for you.
Washington separates, that's the difference. There's not all the wasted motion at the release. I like him from R4-5 quite a bit. With the caveat that I am probably the worst evaluator of WR talent. Almost 100% record on being wildly incorrect. So, there's that.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:06 PM 02-06-2024

Calvin Austin was never a Hill level athlete :-)
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 01:09 PM 02-06-2024
Just did a mock where DAL took Franklin ahead of us in the 1st and then Legette ahead of us in the 2nd. That duo could be electric! That's my dream combo for KC.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:18 PM 02-06-2024

I agree. The build would have to be thicker for me. Toney and Hardman are to light. Part of what made Tyreek good was he had a thicker build. Same with Rice but in different ways.

That's why I see a guy like Malachi Corley as interesting. He's just over 5'10" but 215 lbs. yes he's similar to Rice but if he runs in the low 4.4's and is available in the late 3rd rd, why not take him?

Also I'm still perplexed by Tabk Dell. That kid is 5'8" 165 lbs with 8.5" hands and was incredible. I guess outliers do come up
[Reply]
Page 55 of 191
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up