ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 35
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
penguinz 11:40 AM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Survived quite a scare from Canada. Busio had a really good game was worried the story was going to be the chances he did not capitalize on until he got the equalizer in stoppage time and had a perfect strike in PKs. Quite a day for him.

There are some exciting players with more potential than I can remember the USMNT ever having.

My biggest concern with Busio is that he is tiny. 145lb twig.

Cowell will be a monster if his game continues to improve.
[Reply]
Stanley Nickels 08:52 PM 07-10-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
There are some exciting players with more potential than I can remember the USMNT ever having.

My biggest concern with Busio is that he is tiny. 145lb twig.

Cowell will be a monster if his game continues to improve.
I’ll always love Busio the SKC player, but he is not, at least right now, the future of the USMNT midfield. Cowell OTOH is probably gonna be special.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 06:02 PM 07-16-2023
I'm in for Mexico vs. Panama on Fox.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:04 PM 07-16-2023
Feel bad for Panama... Wow, in the 87th minute...
[Reply]
bdj23 06:45 AM 07-17-2023
I love USA soccer. Every time you think they're about to turn the corner they lose to some shitter like Panama.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 06:52 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
I love USA soccer. Every time you think they're about to turn the corner they lose to some shitter like Panama.
Panama went toe-to-toe with what was 9-time Concacaf Mexico, and Mexico got my them in the 87th minute, I'd say they might be better than "shit". We all know that nobody in the Concacaf can compete with European and South American national teams, but I'm not sure I agree that they are "shit".
[Reply]
TripleThreat 07:45 AM 07-17-2023
More than half our starters were home. I think only Ferreira and turner were our normal starting 11 playing in this tournament…
[Reply]
penguinz 08:36 AM 07-17-2023
USA played only their 3rd and 4th stringers for this tournament. Except for two players.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:11 PM 07-18-2023
I can't really be bothered to care about this one.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:11 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by penguinz:
USA played only their 3rd and 4th stringers for this tournament. Except for two players.
Why does that matter?

Population

Panama: 4.4 million
United States: 332 million
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:22 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Why does that matter?

Population

Population size is a silly way to look at how talented a country should be athletically. India and China would win everything if that were the case.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:22 PM 07-18-2023
Why does that matter?

Population

Population size is a silly way to look at how talented a country should be athletically. India and China would win everything if that were the case.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:24 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
United States dominates track and field. They have the athletes. That's not the issue here.
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 09:38 PM 07-18-2023
United States dominates track and field. They have the athletes. That's not the issue here.
It’s almost like it costs more to build a bunch of running tracks across a bunch of high schools all over the country than it does for smaller countries to throw a ball out into a field and play soccer.

Also, Jamaica is a tiny island with a minuscule population in comparison to us. Do you think our 3rd string track and field athletes would beat Jamaica’s 1st string track and field athletes?
[Reply]
Ocotillo 09:47 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED:
It’s almost like it costs more to build a bunch of running tracks across a bunch of high schools all over the country than it does for smaller countries to throw a ball out into a field and play soccer.

Also, Jamaica is a tiny island with a minuscule population in comparison to us. Do you think our 3rd string track and field athletes would beat Jamaica’s 1st string track and field athletes?
Unlike Jamaica, the United States has its best athletes in football, basketball, baseball, etc. Track is just a high school spring activity for a blue chip football player.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 07:12 AM 08-06-2023
The USWNT is out.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 35
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up