ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Vikings told Dalvin Cook they are releasing him
Mecca 12:12 PM 05-18-2023
Interested?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:59 AM 07-18-2023
It’s not personal. It’s strictly business.
[Reply]
wazu 12:00 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The difference is RBs suffer wear and tear that is specific to their position and largely dependent upon the team's playcalling.

Teams are incentivized to chew RBs up and spit them out through overuse and that's not true with middle LBs and long snappers.

I think there's a real fairness-based case to be made in terms of exempting them from the franchise tag and I'd be in favor of it. That said, I doubt it'll ever develop traction.
It seems to me that RBs should be wanting the franchise tag at this point. 1 year, $10M guaranteed? The best non-franchise player RB contract handed out this year was for Miles Sanders and it was like 4 years for $25M, $13M guaranteed.
[Reply]
morphius 12:03 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
The difference is RBs suffer wear and tear that is specific to their position and largely dependent upon the team's playcalling.

Teams are incentivized to chew RBs up and spit them out through overuse and that's not true with middle LBs and long snappers.

I think there's a real fairness-based case to be made in terms of exempting them from the franchise tag and I'd be in favor of it. That said, I doubt it'll ever develop traction.
You'd have to throw it in there that their rookie contract is higher to make it matter, since most are worn out by the end of that contract.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:07 PM 07-18-2023
Skyy God is either Carrington Harrison or a massive fanboy of his. Repeating things nearly word for word that Cdot said on radio yesterday.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:09 PM 07-18-2023
1700 posts to go!!!
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:20 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
It seems to me that RBs should be wanting the franchise tag at this point. 1 year, $10M guaranteed? The best non-franchise player RB contract handed out this year was for Miles Sanders and it was like 4 years for $25M, $13M guaranteed.
But that’s largely because the best RBs were the ones who were tagged and thus didn’t get to hit the open market.

The gap between Saquon and Sanders is huge.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:25 PM 07-18-2023
If you actually take a deep dive into it, RB's get paid very similar to Centers and Tight Ends...

They're basically pissed off they got passed up by WR's in the payscale, well junior the game changed.
[Reply]
BossChief 01:14 PM 07-18-2023
It’s a passing league. The only RBs that are worth anything significant are the triple threat ones that can run catch and protect the ball. All at elite levels.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:17 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
It’s a passing league. The only RBs that are worth anything significant are the triple threat ones that can run catch and protect the ball. All at elite levels.
Austin Ekeler is bitching and he did catch 100 balls last year....the funny thing though Ekeler only got a shot because Gordon bitched about money so he was replaced...Ekeler is literally bitching about the system that gave him his chance.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:33 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Austin Ekeler is bitching and he did catch 100 balls last year....the funny thing though Ekeler only got a shot because Gordon bitched about money so he was replaced...Ekeler is literally bitching about the system that gave him his chance.
Very true
[Reply]
poolboy 02:41 PM 07-18-2023
I wonder if the Chiefs model for rb's hasnt contributed to some of this
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:02 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
I wonder if the Chiefs model for rb's hasnt contributed to some of this
Absolutely yes. Mahomes factor has trinkled down to the RB position. I absolutely think that's why.
[Reply]
Simply Red 03:08 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I like Jerick McKinnon, BossChief.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:21 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
You either care about labor being exploited or you don’t.
Hahaha ����������������

Yeah, that's... yeah, no.

But what about the punters? They should make more money!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:38 PM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Skyy God:
You either care about labor being exploited or you don’t.
The fuck? :-)
[Reply]
Page 18 of 21
« First < 81415161718 192021 >
Up