ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 94
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark no longer fucking sucks
TwistedChief 09:30 PM 07-30-2022
Ok, guys. Frank has stopped drinking and is serious about this season. I can’t stop drinking for more than 8hrs at a time so Clark’s abstinence is notable and impressive. He and Andy had a heart to heart, shared some cheeseburgers (Frank is probably now also vegan and went Impossible Burger), chugged some Mr. Pibb, and came to an understanding.

Watch his presser from today. It’s probably one of the most real and honest things I’ve seen from a player. If you’re rooting against Frank Clark after that you’re probably either repressing some demons in your life or are related to Red Dawg.

This is a safe space to celebrate Frank Clark this season. 8 sack minimum. Let’s build this guy up rather than choosing to spend the season breaking him down.

Join me on the Shark bandwagon. There’s blood in the water.

And the obligatory: keep doubting Frank fucking Clark.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:14 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Mahomes_Is_God:
Still relevant
My most favorite interview of all time. I love the Shark. He is a total badass and plays his best football in the playoffs.
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:19 AM 01-22-2023
Lolz, gotta love how frank ends these conversations:
https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/st...98/mediaviewer
[Reply]
jettio 09:05 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by scho63:
Frank Clark did what Chris Jones was supposed to do.
Those who know not shit about tackle football as it is played in the National Football League think coaches grade on stats and not performing assignments.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:21 AM 01-22-2023
pimp suit? time to slap some hos

#Chiefs DE Frank Clark.

You already know he don't care where he plays next week. pic.twitter.com/xLe2yzabTQ

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) January 22, 2023

[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:41 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by jettio:
Those who know not shit about tackle football as it is played in the National Football League think coaches grade on stats and not performing assignments.
You got a trademark on that line yet?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:55 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
If he plays at least this well over the next two games, 100 freaking percent.
The fingerpaint grading curve strikes again...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:59 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Dude, Frank was nails yesterday. Even you can't complain.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:04 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Aka

I decide when I put the effort in to play to my potential.

I’m glad it’s the playoffs and that’s when he’s at his best, but we deserved this version the whole year.
:-) Straight up don't think Clark can handle a full season of playing 100% what with all the IBS and the elbows and such. I guess kusods to him for making sure his best games are when it counts?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:23 AM 01-22-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Dude, Frank was nails yesterday. Even you can't complain.
Sure - he played well.

But "if he gives us two more good games, he's been worth it!" is ridiculous.

That would bring his total of good games over 4 years to like 8.

And to see the same people sucking his dick bagging on Chris Jones just demonstrates the absurdly stupid curve many people grade this guy on.
[Reply]
TribalElder 11:26 AM 01-22-2023
Love what frank has been saying in interviews

it doesn't matter who it is, somebody gonna get it

that type of swag is what we had during the superbowl run

lets go Frank!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:27 AM 01-22-2023
Sure - he played well.

But "if he gives us two more good games, he's been worth it!" is ridiculous.

That would bring his total of good games over 4 years to like 8.

And to see the same people sucking his dick bagging on Chris Jones just demonstrates the absurdly stupid curve many people grade this guy on.
this isn't an MVP conversation

we're just trying to bring home that second lombardi so frank eats for free in KC for the rest of his life :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 01-22-2023
Chris Jones -- 4 hurries, 2 QB hit; 6 total pressures -- "Chris Jones was terrible!!"

Frank Clark -- 2 hurries, 1 sack; 3 total pressures -- "Frank Clark was nails!!"

C'mon, folks. TELL me you aren't seeing what you want to see here without telling me.

Clark played a solid football game - he was about as good as Danna, a little better than Dunlap and nowhere NEAR as impactful as Chris Jones. And we have people in here looking to hand waive 4 years of inconsistent effort because of it. Hilariously, many of the same people who have praised Clark's hustle are now citing 'Playoff Clark' as some entity that can exist if he WASN'T jaking entire games during the regular season over the last several seasons.

Take your thumbs off the scale with this guy. He's been a wildly disappointing, well below average football player who's best games are merely solid efforts.

But hey - 3rd highest coverage grade on the squad today. Frank Clark: Lockdown Defender!!!
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:43 AM 01-22-2023
Hey, it's all relative. And yeah, I'm grading on a curve since last season. Who cares at this point?

Bottom line, if Frank ends up with 3-4 sacks, and/or half a dozen TFLS, around 5 QB pressures that actually influence a few critical plays along the way to KC winning another SB, how can you say he wasn't worth having on the team, regardless of how many sacks he got in the regular season over his time in KC?

I mean I get wanting him to be consistent from week 1 of 2019 to the present; hell, I wish that had happened as much as anyone. I'd have at least spent a lot less time defending Frank for the first two years. I think I almost gave myself carpal tunnel syndrome before I quit trying last season.

But it didn't. What we appear to have gotten instead is a guy that has another gear in the playoffs.

And again, I'm not saying he's a beast in the playoffs. But it's a statistical fact at this point that he gets more sacks and puts more ticks on his statsheet in the playoffs. In short, he is more efficient in Jan/Feb than he is Sept through Dec., for whatever unfathomable reason. And I've ceased to care about the whys of how that happens. Actually, everyone should try that; it makes watching the game way more fun.

But if that anomaly helps KC earn its second Ring in 4 years, are you really going to tell me that it's going to be less enjoyable, or that it's going to be worth less because Frank Clark didn't get at least 12 sacks/season (or whatever number you or others deem acceptable) during his time as a Chief?

Obviously not. Or I would hope people were more rational than that.

Of course, it remains to be seen whether Frank will be a factor throughout the playoffs. maybe he's absolutely silent over the next two games (assuming we play the next two).

But, "IF,' and it's still a pretty big "IF," Frank has yet another postseason where he plays like "The Shark," and a lot less like "Clark," is your beef with Frank really going to be, "he was shitty/didn't get enough sacks in the regular season?"

Seriously, who cares how shitty he was during the regular season now that we're here? We're playing in our 5th straight Arrowhead Invitational, Let's fucking go!, and if Frank contributes in meaningful ways, or even just one critical play and we win another SB, fuckin'-A, bud, let's party!

And if we have to thank Frank in part for that second ring, so be it.

A Ring is a Ring, and none of us should give a rat's ass how Frank played in any regular season if he helps the team win another SB in 2023. It's certain the rest of the NFL universe won't care about how many sacks Frank got in the 2022 regular season, if he helps KC get another ring. Why on Earth should we?
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:46 AM 01-22-2023
Chris Jones -- 4 hurries, 2 QB hit; 6 total pressures -- "Chris Jones was terrible!!"

Frank Clark -- 2 hurries, 1 sack; 3 total pressures -- "Frank Clark was nails!!"

C'mon, folks. TELL me you aren't seeing what you want to see here without telling me.

Clark played a solid football game - he was about as good as Danna, a little better than Dunlap and nowhere NEAR as impactful as Chris Jones. And we have people in here looking to hand waive 4 years of inconsistent effort because of it. Hilariously, many of the same people who have praised Clark's hustle are now citing 'Playoff Clark' as some entity that can exist if he WASN'T jaking entire games during the regular season over the last several seasons.

Take your thumbs off the scale with this guy. He's been a wildly disappointing, well below average football player who's best games are merely solid efforts.

But hey - 3rd highest coverage grade on the squad today. Frank Clark: Lockdown Defender!!!
Awesome, and thank you for posting that. I knew CJ was getting pressures, or I hoped he would get credit for them (at this point i don't know how they figure out pressures), but I wasn't sure how many.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:49 AM 01-22-2023
:-) DJs Left Nut literally any time Clark has a halfway decent game explaining why he's still the absolute worst

[Reply]
Page 55 of 94
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up