ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 35 of 36
« First < 253132333435 36 >
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
Sorry 08:05 AM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
OR...not release a freaking movie until the entire trilogy galaxy was planned out and set in stone, like the MCU.

It was a completely wasted opportunity that they'll never have again.
It’s almost like they rushed the movies just to set up merch sales and their theme park section at Disney land. I just don’t get it. They are going to look back and shake their heads at this disjointed mess
[Reply]
Frazod 11:48 AM 05-17-2020
OR...not release a freaking movie until the entire trilogy galaxy was planned out and set in stone, like the MCU.

It was a completely wasted opportunity that they'll never have again.
Yeah, that's just nuts.

I remember hearing that Lucas had prepared an outline for all nine installments of a triple trilogy back in the 70s or 80s. If true, I assume that must have been tossed aside. Can't imagine that he would penned such a disjointed mess, especially back before he became a bloated, egomaniacal jackass. As bad as I, II and III were, at least the overall story line was mostly coherent. It was the execution that failed.

If only someone could travel back in time to 1983, make him watch the shitshow that his baby would devolve into later, and scream at him "DON'T FUCKING LET THIS HAPPEN!"

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:51 PM 05-16-2020
oh fuck

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:57 PM 05-16-2020
been reading the vader comic - the assault on mon cala is epic, tells the story of how mon cala left the empire and joined the rebellion

love how vader's submarine looks somewhat like his helmet

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:57 AM 05-17-2020
Finally watched this shit show. Better than the previous one, i guess that's about as high as praise as i can muster. Ignoring the major problems for the moment, how in the fuck do they have c3po willingly agree to have his memory wiped and not use THAT opportunity for the callback on the line "never underestimate a droid?"
[Reply]
Sorry 01:15 PM 05-17-2020
Money talks, he’d make the same decision lol
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:20 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Money talks, he’d make the same decision lol
It was his money, though. It wasn't like he was taking money from a studio, then producing those films.

I've mentioned this several times before but Lucas did reach out to every A-List director at the time but no one wanted to touch a Star Wars property because in the end, it's a losing proposition.

Just look what's happened to JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson, Chris Miller and Phil Lord, Gareth Edwards and Ron Howard since directing Star Wars films. Outside of Howard, their reputations were dragged through the mud for months, if not years, on end, they were threatened on Social Media and fans boycotted Lucasfilm releases.

Sometimes the best move is the move you don't make.
[Reply]
Sorry 01:24 PM 05-17-2020
It was his money, though. It wasn't like he was taking money from a studio, then producing those films.

I've mentioned this several times before but Lucas did reach out to every A-List director at the time but no one wanted to touch a Star Wars property because in the end, it's a losing proposition.

Just look what's happened to JJ Abrams, Rian Johnson, Chris Miller and Phil Lord, Gareth Edwards and Ron Howard since directing Star Wars films. Outside of Howard, their reputations were dragged through the mud for months, if not years, on end, they were threatened on Social Media and fans boycotted Lucasfilm releases.

Thanks for the perspective. Now what’s the common factor behind all the negativity of directing a Star Wars film as these are all talented directors/producers/storytellers in one shape or form.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:58 PM 05-17-2020

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:10 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
:-)

Man, I LOVE that movie!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:20 PM 05-17-2020
FYI, Lucas' third trilogy treatment was even more fucked up than what we got.

It was like the "Innerspace" version of Star Wars, with a whole lot of shit about midi-chlorians.

We dodged that bullet but still got a terrible knife wound.

Like I said, should have just given it all to Filoni, or hell, anyone who did a Marvel movie.

Fuck JJ and fuck Kathleen.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:58 PM 07-27-2020
If this is all true, fuck you KK.

And fucking give us the Lucas cut.

https://cosmicbook.news/star-wars-lu...OwG3ma4TzbtQ5c
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 AM 08-04-2020
:-)...completely explains their acting in this scene, too.

Eric Idle admits he 'sent Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford high' onto Empire Strikes Back set

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/20...8ywZqDL5sSvsJ8

Originally Posted by :
Monty Python star Eric Idle has revealed that in 1979 he sent Carrie Fisher and Harrison Ford to a Star Wars shoot "high", following an all-night party.

Speaking to The New York Times, while promoting his new memoir Always Look on The Bright Side of Life: A Sortabiography, Idle admitted that he kept the pair "up too late" before they shot the Cloud City scenes for The Empire Strikes Back:

"We were having too much fun. Carrie Fisher had rented my house and she was staying there. We went to bed and they went to work. It turns out when they filmed the scene, they were still a little high."

Stories of wild living had long swirled around the second Star Wars film. Fisher, who was 19 at the time, later admitted to losing control of her cocaine habit on set, and in 2015 she mentioned Idle's party to The Daily Beast, saying the Pythons gave her and Ford something called "The Tunisian Death Drink".

"We never went to sleep", she said, "so we weren’t hungover — we were still drunk when we arrived in Cloud City the next day. We don’t really smile a lot in the movie, but there we’re smiling."

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:47 AM 03-21-2024
lmao

Originally Posted by :
What is the worst plan ever enacted in the Star Wars Universe?

Few can compete with Palpatine’s ‘final order’ plan, which was probably originally a fan fiction written by a fourth grader. Here’s how it goes:

The First Order was a puppet army commanded by the puppet Snoke, who was controlled by Palpatine. Mr. Sheev was behind everything.

Anyways, Palpatine has a fleet of what appears to be thousands of Star Destroyers, each equipped with the ability to destroy a planet, because I guess budgeting is no longer a thing. But there’s a catch.

They each take twelve hours to launch.

So, good ol’ Sheev, not the best planner, tells the entire galaxy that he is in-fact back.
As such, the Resistance has twelve hours to assemble the entire galaxy and destroy Palpatine’s army, which by the way, just bursts through the surface of the planet. No, I’m not making that up.

But it gets worse: these ships don’t know which way is up from down and require an antenna to tell them which way is up despite having gone up in the process of launching. In the words of Vito, “You’re telling me they’ve got a thousand goddamn ships, and none of them can take off if you break Palpatine’s DirecTV satellite?”

Whatever the case, this movie is absolutely stuffed with plot holes and requires no further analysis.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 03-21-2024
Having now read about 8-10 of the EU novels, it's even more mind-boggling to me that Disney fucked this whole thing up.

They were spoon fed several great characters and storylines. All they had to do was make a half-hearted effort to harmonize them and turn them into screenplays. Hell, they didn't even have to stick to those stories, but the foundations were in place.

And they just absolutely gacked all of it. It's completely inexplicable.
[Reply]
Page 35 of 36
« First < 253132333435 36 >
Up