ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 20 of 114
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:38 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
It's not the owners land and stadium. Voters shitting on Chiefs for sure is pathetic. Voting no is a slap in Mahomes face. And why not have a better baseball stadium? Every fucking city has a new one.

That is absurd, a no vote is a rejection of John Sherman and the half assed way this was presented.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:39 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I love the Chiefs. I love the Royals. I want a downtown stadium.

That does not mean I am going to vote for it no matter what. We are talking about billions of dollars here. They get to make their decision based on specific financial information and planning but we are supposed to say yes purely on emotions and vibes?

Bring us a better plan we will vote for it. I don't love the Chiefs enough to agree to some bullshit that is bad for the community I live in.
Bad for community? Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. Those teams generate a ton of profits for the city. New stadium would generate even more. Chiefs have generated a shit ton lately. There is no downside to voting yes. The tax is already there and nobody has bitched about in the last 20 years. Lease is up in 6 years. All of you will be bitching.
[Reply]
-King- 06:41 PM 04-02-2024
I love the Chiefs. I love the Royals. I want a downtown stadium.

That does not mean I am going to vote for it no matter what. We are talking about billions of dollars here. They get to make their decision based on specific financial information and planning but we are supposed to say yes purely on emotions and vibes?

Bring us a better plan we will vote for it. I don't love the Chiefs enough to agree to some bullshit that is bad for the community I live in.
Were you a frequent visitor to temptations or something?
[Reply]
Mecca 06:41 PM 04-02-2024
Bad for community? Get the fuck outta here with that bullshit. Those teams generate a ton of profits for the city. New stadium would generate even more. Chiefs have generated a shit ton lately. There is no downside to voting yes. The tax is already there and nobody has bitched about in the last 20 years. Lease is up in 6 years. All of you will be bitching.

Every single economist that has actually done a study on this will tell you professional sports do not bring money to the community.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 06:42 PM 04-02-2024
Bad for community? Get the **** outta here with that bullshit. Those teams generate a ton of profits for the city. New stadium would generate even more. Chiefs have generated a shit ton lately. There is no downside to voting yes. The tax is already there and nobody has bitched about in the last 20 years. Lease is up in 6 years. All of you will be bitching.
This. Plus a yes vote locks both teams in for 40 years...name me another team in either sport that has a lease that long? (I honestly don't know, seems like most teams have a 20 year lease or so).
[Reply]
philfree 06:43 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Every single economist that has actually done a study on this will tell you professional sports do not bring money to the community.
Yeah you can have things like the KC Chiefs everyday for free!
[Reply]
Katipan 06:45 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The existance of the structure does.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:46 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
The Chiefs aren't why it's failing...you can think the Royals for that.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:47 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
This. Plus a yes vote locks both teams in for 40 years...name me another team in either sport that has a lease that long? (I honestly don't know, seems like most teams have a 20 year lease or so).
FWIW, I believe the Chiefs' lease is 25 years guaranteed and they can extend it 3 times for a max of 40.
[Reply]
Spott 06:47 PM 04-02-2024
Maybe the Royals and Chiefs issues should be on different ballots.
[Reply]
decibelup 06:49 PM 04-02-2024
is there a website that has the best live/realtime election results?
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:52 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
......it is not for free.
[Reply]
LoneWolf 06:54 PM 04-02-2024
......it is not for free.
The tax costs you at most $200 per year. You spend more than that a month on Snickers and Mountain Dew.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 06:58 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
The tax costs you at most $200 per year. You spend more than that a month on Snickers and Mountain Dew.
Yep. I would happily pay that rather than have the teams leave. If we can waste a billion dollars on a fucking airport, then we can spend some to give people a reason to fly into it.

Without the Chiefs and the Royals...KC becomes a lower tier place...the revenue that KC along will lose from the 1% tax it won't collect will be significent.

This deal is not perfect, but it is also a deal that Salt Lake City, Nashville, Charlotte, or any other city wanting to step up to the big leagues would do in a second.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:58 PM 04-02-2024
Originally Posted by LoneWolf:
It is literally billions of dollars lets have enough respect for the taxpayers not pretend this is free.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 114
« First < 101617181920 212223243070 > Last »
Up